AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-12-20, 03:51   Link #741
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Let's just see who's right then, shall we?
Sure. Sounds like fun.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:17   Link #742
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTheSun View Post
Sure. Sounds like fun.
I believe Quarkboy is one of the translator of Crunchyroll, so you're pretty much losing the bet already.
Btw....

Quote:
I'm sorry that I want the best treatment for one of my favorite mangas. I'm sorry for the complaining, but it seemed that I was the only one who could see somthing wrong with this.
This just sounds like you don't bother to read the thread at all. People have been talking about the animation since the first ep, and how it improves later on.
Old 2009-12-20, 04:56   Link #743
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I believe Quarkboy is one of the translator of Crunchyroll, so you're pretty much losing the bet already.
Btw....
Just to clarify, I am the translator for Tv Tokyo Medianet for Fairy Tail. I'm not hired by crunchyroll for this show (although obviously I work with them since that's where the subs end up).

And yes, unless the production schedule I have was changed, next week should be a holiday.

Just turned in the translation for episode 11 30 minutes ago.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 06:34   Link #744
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw....

This just sounds like you don't bother to read the thread at all. People have been talking about the animation since the first ep, and how it improves later on.
I was just kidding about that. I just saw it on anime news network, and was trying to help out, not trying to get personal here.

Actually, I have read the entire thread. I haven't done anything to you, so why are you on me like that? I know people were talking about how FT was going to be great, and then it didn't turn out as well as they thought it would. I was the happiest person in the world when I heard 2 of my fav. studios were animating it. I'm not superstitious, but I feel really bad, because I had such high expectations for this anime , that i think I jinxed it. There is nothing wrong with pointing out some flaws in an anime that you love is there? I really want the FT anime to do well in the future. There is one thing you have to understand about me, I'm big on art and animation, so don't be too hard on me. The only reason I brought that statement up about few coments on animation is because I wish more people would talk about animation with me a little bit. That's all.
Old 2009-12-20, 06:38   Link #745
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Just to clarify, I am the translator for Tv Tokyo Medianet for Fairy Tail. I'm not hired by crunchyroll for this show (although obviously I work with them since that's where the subs end up).

And yes, unless the production schedule I have was changed, next week should be a holiday.

Just turned in the translation for episode 11 30 minutes ago.
That's really cool. Oh, and since you translated episode 11 already, could you tell me if we have the new opening yet? Thanks.
Old 2009-12-20, 07:42   Link #746
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTheSun View Post
That's really cool. Oh, and since you translated episode 11 already, could you tell me if we have the new opening yet? Thanks.
Why in the world would you expect a new opening at episode 11?

A new ending, perhaps, but a new opening? That'd be unprecedented for a shounen show to have a new opening after less than a cour. I'd expect a new one around episode 25-26, or maybe it'll be like one piece and stick with this one even longer.

Anyway, chances are you'd find out about a new opening/ending from magazine articles long before I actually see it, since believe me those things always just barely get animated in time.

I also translated shugo Chara, and whenever there was a new opening or ending the final video would always be really, really late.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-12-20, 09:26   Link #747
AnymX

Quote:
Why in the world would you expect a new opening at episode 11?

A new ending, perhaps, but a new opening? That'd be unprecedented for a shounen show to have a new opening after less than a cour. I'd expect a new one around episode 25-26, or maybe it'll be like one piece and stick with this one even longer.

Anyway, chances are you'd find out about a new opening/ending from magazine articles long before I actually see it, since believe me those things always just barely get animated in time.

I also translated shugo Chara, and whenever there was a new opening or ending the final video would always be really, really late.
Yea I also was surprised that it will be getting new opening. In Idoling website it is mentioned that it will be in "(January-March 2010)" so if there are no episode tomorrow I guess it's reasonable to expect it to be in episode 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
On another news the second opening will be performed by Idoling!!! titled S.O.W. センスオブワンダー (S.O.W. Sense of Wonder)

The single will be coming out in 2010 on January 27

Source: Idoling!!! Official Web Site

I am actually surprised, I thought it would be getting new Ending, but it turned out another way around... Ofcourse when you think about it, after Erza's and Natsu's fight it will be entering new arc so I guess it is understandable. Damn and when Snow fairy is such good song...
Old 2009-12-20, 18:29   Link #748
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
Yea I also was surprised that it will be getting new opening. In Idoling website it is mentioned that it will be in "(January-March 2010)" so if there are no episode tomorrow I guess it's reasonable to expect it to be in episode 11.
Oh, look at that. See, I told you that the 'net would find out before me

That's pretty cool and unprecedented if they're going to change openings every cour.
Hope they use the extra cash from the CD sales to improve the animation.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-12-21, 06:27   Link #749
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's a pity the ED isn't getting changed first since it really doesn't fit the end of some episodes...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 07:32   Link #750
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's a pity the ED isn't getting changed first since it really doesn't fit the end of some episodes...
Especially in this weeks episode.

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2009-12-21, 13:05   Link #751
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

Um, did anyone thought Sherry Blendi looks awfully similar to another character in a different anime in terms of costume?

I am very sure I've seen that costume before...

At first I'd say Ruby from Rosario + Vampire, but now I aint so sure who else.
Dark_Force9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 21:14   Link #752
KrimzonStriker

This was very very good episode in my book, pacing was just right, emotional voice acting really living up to the seiyuu's reputations, the animation was fairly good and consistent and sometimes ventured on great, but most importantly that background music at the end just really hit the spot

Btw, was there really a new opening, I didn't see it when I saw the episode today. I suppose it'll have to come out on the 12th episode at the earliest then?
Old 2009-12-21, 21:46   Link #753
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
This was very very good episode in my book, pacing was just right, emotional voice acting really living up to the seiyuu's reputations, the animation was fairly good and consistent and sometimes ventured on great, but most importantly that background music at the end just really hit the spot

Btw, was there really a new opening, I didn't see it when I saw the episode today. I suppose it'll have to come out on the 12th episode at the earliest then?
Episode 11 was alright. I'm really looking foward to this arc and this fight coming up. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending theme screwing the end up.

There wasn't a new opening today, but I expect it to come out soon, maybe in episode 12.
Old 2009-12-21, 22:12   Link #754
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
We're in luck - it is getting changed. The new ending song will be Tsuioku Merry-Go-Round by the group onelifecrew.
You can hear the new ED on onelifecrew’s MySpace page.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:35   Link #755
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
We're in luck - it is getting changed. The new ending song will be Tsuioku Merry-Go-Round by the group onelifecrew.
HOLY CRAP!!!! That's MUCH better. Thanks a lot. Nothing against the ending right now, it just ruins the end of the episodes. This fits much better. I hope it changes the same time the opening does, even though I really like the opening.
Old 2009-12-21, 23:00   Link #756
KrimzonStriker

Damn, I really like this new ending, it's catchy. It'll suit the series much, much better and it'll be even better with good animations to go with it
Old 2009-12-21, 23:13   Link #757
FreezeTheSun

;
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Damn, I really like this new ending, it's catchy. It'll suit the series much, much better and it'll be even better with good animations to go with it
Hopefully.
Old 2009-12-22, 07:24   Link #758
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely an improvement over the current ED. There really isn't anything they can do with that thing since it just sucks out the seriousness of the end of an episode.

But anyways still a nice one since it helps give Gray some development. Though to get there he had to be knocked out and dragged along for the ride .
Old 2009-12-22, 07:32   Link #759
Clarste
Human

Interesting to note that Mirajane is also allowed on the second floor...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 08:02   Link #760
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I can't get it to play on myspace, is it the top one or bottom one on this player for them?

http://www.audioleaf.com/one_life_crew
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen