AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 23:57   Link #2821
ijriims

I suppose Erika is a parody on all those unrealistic Shonen detectives, or whichever works portraiting too-powerful detectives.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:14   Link #2822
June 1983

Erika = L!
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 03:02   Link #2823
HigurashinoUmineko

Sorry but L is awesome. Erika isn't!
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 04:10   Link #2824
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If you want a classical mystery ending...."The butler did it".
Ronove's the murderer? I buy it!!! No one has suspected him yet.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 04:25   Link #2825
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Ronove's the murderer? I buy it!!! No one has suspected him yet.
Ronove = this dude?
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 05:29   Link #2826
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He's suppose to be that Demon, yes.

Trouble is...which butler? Or is Genji the only human to fit that role?
Old 2009-11-03, 12:56   Link #2827
Workworkwork

I've been thinking about the closed room murder in Natsuhis' room in EP2, and I think I figured out the "Why", even if the "How" is still sketchy.

Spoiler for The "Why":

Spoiler for The "How":
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 13:47   Link #2828
Marion
The Great Dine

Rosa wasn't in the chapel when George, Shannon and Gohda were attacked. She was in the parlor room with Battler and Maria.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:56   Link #2829
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If Kinzo's corpse was in Natsuhi's room in ep2, where did it go? It wasn't burned (the only time it wasn't, well, not counting ep5's events). If Rosa found it for some reason, where'd she take it? How'd she move it? Or was it still in Natsuhi's room somewhere, and hidden?
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:58   Link #2830
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Trouble is...Shannon should know about it in the first place.
Old 2009-11-03, 15:06   Link #2831
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Rosa wasn't in the chapel when George, Shannon and Gohda were attacked. She was in the parlor room with Battler and Maria.
He means in the scene with Suit-Beato and all the adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If Kinzo's corpse was in Natsuhi's room in ep2, where did it go? It wasn't burned (the only time it wasn't, well, not counting ep5's events). If Rosa found it for some reason, where'd she take it? How'd she move it? Or was it still in Natsuhi's room somewhere, and hidden?
Under the bed. Battler isn't a real detective, he never searched the room.

Why not under the bed or a secret compartment under the bed?

Quote:
Trouble is...Shannon should know about it in the first place.
And? She might consider it her last duty to Natsuhi to not tell anyone about Kinzo's death.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 15:18   Link #2832
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is the closet. Being a mansion, and this is the room for the lady of the house...those could be some big closets.

Quote:
And? She might consider it her last duty to Natsuhi to not tell anyone about Kinzo's death.
And therefore could be implicated as the cuplrit (or a cuplrit) if she see's her task as keeping the secret of Kinzo....even from George. Though I wonder how easily she could dispatch George and Gohda, and yet manage to get herself killed with a head wound? Though stabbing or shooting the two in the body, might allow them time to get a weapon (if one exists that isn't in Shannon's hand) and use it on her.

Alternately, she does part of the task, and then is silenced with a shot to the forehead by Genji.

How does the door get locked? Maybe they locked the door when they entered the room so they could have time to search without interruption, not knowing Shannon was in on it. Or, alternately, Genji is considered under Rosa's control, and thereby may use a master key...unless there is another key that will open that door specifically that isn't in George's pocket (because having worked with having to hand out keys, sometimes a key from one room, will actually unlock another room, even if it isn't the master key...they just happen to be keyed the same).

Odd pondering:
Shouldn't there be a sixth master key? Most places I've been, the maintainance staff all have master keys. Thus the five servants present. However the boss/head of the house also has a master key...thus Kinzo should have had one as well. Though since the servants (mostly) know about his condition, they might have taken that one away some time ago. According to the red there are five keys. But unless Gohda has Kinzo's old key...why doesn't Kinzo have one?
Old 2009-11-03, 15:21   Link #2833
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

There's some reasonable basis for speculating the corpse is kept in Natsuhi's room, I suppose:

EP1: Natsuhi is alive, as are most of the servants (including all the eagle servants). Someone could've moved Kinzo's corpse to the boiler room, as everyone who knows where it is except Krauss is alive.

EP2: Natsuhi is dead, but perhaps for some reason the corpse is found by someone who doesn't burn it. Alternatively, no one finds the corpse in this episode.

EP3: Kinzo is burned, but the problem is that all the servants are killed too, and Natsuhi and Krauss are in the conference all night. So either they arranged for someone else to do it, or the corpse was found by someone who coincidentally decided to burn it. Or, I suppose, the servants were caught burning the corpse and killed. The Nanjo theory would work here, as Nanjo knows Kinzo is dead, and has no alibi for the First Twilight.

EP4: Kinzo is burned, but we have no idea what happened. It's possible the pressures from the other siblings caused Krauss to panic, and he was caught burning it, or he revealed the body and someone else burned it after killing a bunch of people.

EP5: We don't know where Kinzo's corpse is, but we might have found out if the game had kept going. Natsuhi is alive, as are all the servants who would know except Genji, plus Nanjo. So it's unlikely to be lost.
Old 2009-11-03, 15:28   Link #2834
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Shouldn't there be a sixth master key? Most places I've been, the maintainance staff all have master keys. Thus the five servants present. However the boss/head of the house also has a master key...thus Kinzo should have had one as well. Though since the servants (mostly) know about his condition, they might have taken that one away some time ago. According to the red there are five keys. But unless Gohda has Kinzo's old key...why doesn't Kinzo have one?
"Master key" was never defined, to my memory.

There might well be a key that opens all or most of the doors but for whatever reason isn't classified as a "master key".

The existence of such a key would solve 90% of the closed room mysteries.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 15:51   Link #2835
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Does the CEO of a company have keys to the entire building? No. Generally not.

Who does? The janitor.

It's entirely probable that Kinzo and Krauss didn't have master keys to their own home, trusting the servants for that sort of thing. The servants, however, would need master keys to go about their duties (cleaning, moving things around, etc.).
Old 2009-11-03, 16:14   Link #2836
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends. Where I worked the Director did have a master key set that would unlock most of the doors. The Assistant Director also had a master key set. This was so they could come in at any time, even if the maintance staff was off duty.
Old 2009-11-03, 18:05   Link #2837
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
EP3: Kinzo is burned, but the problem is that all the servants are killed too, and Natsuhi and Krauss are in the conference all night. So either they arranged for someone else to do it, or the corpse was found by someone who coincidentally decided to burn it. Or, I suppose, the servants were caught burning the corpse and killed. The Nanjo theory would work here, as Nanjo knows Kinzo is dead, and has no alibi for the First Twilight.
The burning itself is really strange because it draws the adults' attention to the boiler room first, even though the letter inside implied that it was supposed to be the last room visited in the closed room chain. If the boiler room were meant to be the first visited, that would require the adults to have some means of getting inside, and the closed room chain only makes sense if the adults don't know about the unlocked door to the courtyard.

If we look at all of the rooms where bodies were found, the only ones that the adults could reasonably break into first are the chapel and the parlor. Going to the chapel first would get them to the boiler room last, but we saw from the adults' search pattern that they initially focused on the rooms they found locked in the mansion, and didn't even consider looking outside until they found the chapel key in the boiler room. Even though they could theoretically get into the chapel first, it's much more likely for them to have done exactly what they did: go in through the parlor window. If we take the parlor to be the first room in the chain, then we would expect the letter to be in that room or in the chapel. The boiler room doesn't make any sense at all.

Suppose that for Reason X (say, Natsuhi and the servants are trying to set up a distraction to keep everyone from wondering about Kinzo), the servants deliberately set up the locked room chain with the intention of faking their deaths. However, instead of Kinzo being in the boiler room with a letter, what if they had actually planned for a sixth person to fake their death in that room? After the closed room chain was constructed, this sixth person broke from the plan and burned Kinzo's corpse to take their place. Then the sixth person is the one who left the letter from "The Golden Witch Beatrice". The letter was not part of the original closed room setup.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:16   Link #2838
Geekodot

Quote:
Odd pondering:
There are only five master keys! That was made pretty clear in episode 2 ^^.
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:24   Link #2839
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
There are only five master keys! That was made pretty clear in episode 2 ^^.
He referenced that. What I'm wondering is why does nobody think that Kinzo, the master of the house, might have the key to his room doubling as a master key in function?

True, by assumption, "Only 2 keys to Kinzos room work=Those 2 keys don't work with any other room". But maybe...

It could have a special function that makes it compatible with other doors. This could have been Rosa's hunch that made her send George out to get the key, actually.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:29   Link #2840
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
He referenced that. What I'm wondering is why does nobody think that Kinzo, the master of the house, might have the key to his room doubling as a master key in function?

True, by assumption, "Only 2 keys to Kinzos room work=Those 2 keys don't work with any other room". But maybe...

It could have a special function that makes it compatible with other doors. This could have been Rosa's hunch that made her send George out to get the key, actually.
It's also made clear for almost every closed room that "only the five master keys and the single key to this room can unlock the door". There's no getting around that at all. I think the doors leading outside the mansion are the only ones that Kinzo's key could possibly open and have any significance to the story.

Maybe there were a few closed rooms without such tight red text.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote