AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-12, 19:14   Link #1
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

romance/drama

iv see a lot of them but i can find any more i wont post my list cuz its too big and im too lazy so just post all the really GOOD romance drama u have seen to date ... like sumthing that made u cry or sumthing ...

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2007-05-12, 19:26   Link #2
crystar
*yawns*

I don't know about cry, since I never cry. But I guess... Nana?
Old 2007-05-12, 22:51   Link #3
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
I don't know about cry, since I never cry. But I guess... Nana?
Definitly, nana is one of the most dramatic things I have seen. someone is always crying, someone is heartbroken ,someone is cheating ect... (it didn't make me cry though)

Air is also sort of romantic, and dramatic. (a bit of a tearjerker at times)

If you liked nana, I sugest Paradise Kiss
Old 2007-05-13, 18:05   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Non-fantasy related: Nana, Hana Yori Dango, Goong, Parfait Tic, Youth Gone Wild (enjoyable, though, the emotional level does not reach the peak you want to see, and you can see from the many of the others like Nana and HYD)

Fantasy-related: Princess, Basara, Tokyo Crazy Paradise (light one, compared to others)
Old 2007-05-13, 18:13   Link #5
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
HEY, just joined this forum

i don't usually cry, but Kanon made me tear up a bit.

it might be a bit different than other anime series, but it's something to pass time by.
Old 2007-06-22, 19:09   Link #6
Ohyeah4Xx

Elfen Lied----18+
very tragic romance!!

Shuffle!----not that tragic, but when it comes to the last 5 eps or so its hella tragic

Kimi ga Nozumo Eien---pretty tragic if you must say!
Old 2007-06-22, 19:12   Link #7
Ohyeah4Xx

but mostly elfen lied is the one that made me cry (almost)..whew!

i think elfen lied is the most tragic, beautiful, horror romance anime there is!!!
Old 2007-06-22, 19:28   Link #8
UPR

Suzuka- The best one out there and continues with manga with more drama
Old 2007-06-22, 19:28   Link #9
NLAngel

I suggest Lovely Complex It's comedy romance but some bits are a tearjerker!
The piano music is really good in the background to build you up in the mood to cry!
Old 2007-06-23, 00:52   Link #10
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
iv see a lot of them but i can find any more i wont post my list cuz its too big and im too lazy so just post all the really GOOD romance drama u have seen to date ... like sumthing that made u cry or sumthing ...
Honey and Clover is a very good series, encompasses romance and drama, it's also slice-of-life, college life, friendship, etc.

You also might like, I suppose, Nana, I've never really liked the series, I've found the characters unlikeable and the show reminded me of a soap opera. I guess Bokura ga Ita fits under that area as well, it's a school romance with lots of the teen drama I'm sure you're familiar with....I prefer Kare Kano though, which is like Bokura Ga Ita but with characters I find more likeable, though it falters towards the end. If you want to cry, there's a great deal of tragedy in Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Saikano, although some people say it feels forced.

If you're open to unorthodox suggestions, you might want to try Ocean Waves, which is a move by Ghibli studios.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-06-23, 04:36   Link #11
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Air - Tissue packs is highly required
sola (still ongoing) - At the first, it doesn't look sad at all, but... *sob* (???)

and i'd like to second Kanon (2006)...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-23, 13:10   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If you're looking for Romance/Drama, then I will suggest Kimi ga Nozomu Eien because that anime provoked my emotions the best. Suzuka, as mentioned above, is not tear jerking but very emotional also. If you want more tear jerking then I might suggest SaiKano or a short Romance/Drama Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. Note that the last one's "drama" isn't about romance triangles and such, but it's still drama!
Old 2007-06-24, 20:56   Link #13
komichi

Koi Kaze is a good pick if you can bite down the incest factor. Very dramatic and makes you think twice about moral value.
Old 2007-06-24, 22:01   Link #14
JnnyT93

Send a message via AIM to JnnyT93
Gee, this is the kind of genre I'm going for too. =) If you find any good ones, message me? Anyway, these are a few of my FAVORITE animes. Give them a try! (Unless you saw them already. Hehe.)

Full Moon wo Sagashite - made me cry A LOT through a couple episodes. It might seem like a childish anime at first, but it gets extremely dramatic as it reaches toward the end. (comedy/romance/drama/supernatural/music)

Chrno Crusade - Sob, sob, sob at the very end. It's pretty much dramatic throughout the entire series. (drama/not as much romance, but it's still there/comedy/bit of adventure)

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - 100% tear-jerker. The storyline was very well-made. If you want some serious romance and drama, this is the way to go. (drama/romance/slice of life)

--------------------

I second...

Air (TV) - This wasn't one of my absolute favorite anime but it was still a good tear-jerker. Not as much romance, but tons of drama.
Old 2008-01-07, 14:59   Link #15
MamoruUsagi

This may be a little late, but some really great manga ones

Absolute Boyfriend
Mars
Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yuugi
The Devil Does Exist
Kare Kano
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
Paradise Kiss
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl

Mars amazing romance series which shows the couple as boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a serious relationship. Lots of kissing, sex and serious issues and the couple is in a mature relationship.

Kare First Love the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series in a realistic and mature relationship.

Happy Hustle High the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and in a steady relationship.

Fushigi Yuugi The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and in a relationship.

Fushigi Yugi Manga version is much longer and has more kissing, sex and the relationship is more mature and they are dating for a long time.

Bokura ga Ita

Mars

Kare Kano

Ayashi no Ceres The manga is much longer, serious romance drama series, lots of kissing and sex.

Paradise Kiss good romance/drama

Marmalade Boy Classic series

Peach Girl Very realistic

The Devil Does Exist Realistic romance manga series

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-01-07 at 15:15.
Old 2008-01-07, 15:07   Link #16
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Second Marmalade Boy
There Clannad Full Of Drama