AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 200 81.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 11.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.41%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 08:23   Link #81
ZenithTheOne

I can't remember when an anime moved me to tears last time... Such a great episode over 9000/10 for me.
Old 2007-09-04, 08:56   Link #82
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

I love Tsukasa's light remote thingy. Somehow has more appeal than a clap-activated one. I only have my trusty stick to rely on.
Old 2007-09-04, 09:19   Link #83
sayuritokyo

I put a video of this part in my site,

http://techsuki.net/2007/09/04/luckystar-kanata/

Last edited by sayuritokyo; 2007-09-04 at 09:40.
Old 2007-09-04, 10:07   Link #84
Tsukiyoshi
Temporal terrene totality

Send a message via MSN to Tsukiyoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Power J View Post
I love Tsukasa's light remote thingy. Somehow has more appeal than a clap-activated one. I only have my trusty stick to rely on.
Technology has come a long way, I bet people back then had a hard time living without the stick...

anyways...

awesome episode esp when Kanata returned
bgm + animation + touching story = best episode ever

I said that the last episode was the best but its possible to have two bests, no? >.<

Lucky Star is getting exponentially better as it comes to a close...
Old 2007-09-04, 10:22   Link #85
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
Nice episode, it made me wonder, I know that Konata and her mom don't share the same name, but close to it, but do Japanese people have the custon of name their childs after one of the parents like in the West?
It is sort of illegal for a kid to have the exact same name as his parents (don't ask me why though, I was told so by my Japanese teachers) but apparently it is not so uncommon for a father/mother to give on of his name's kanji to his offspring, so parents and sons tend to have similar, albeit different names (in my teacher's case: Yuji - Kaiji etc.). In konata's and Kanata's case their name is written in same Hiragana so a different rule may apply, or it may be the same custom of family having similar name's. I think kj might be able to give you more info.

On the topic of Lucky Star being anime of the year, I beg to differ a little. There is a difference between being good, being very good, being excellent, being a masterpiece, and being like Seirei no Moribito, if you know what I mean
Old 2007-09-04, 10:34   Link #86
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Sure thing lucky star was alright the funny and slice-of-life way that it was, but with the ghost story KyoAni brought even deep meaning and tears into the story which wasnt really necessary but it defenitly was good and it reminded me of kanon.
Old 2007-09-04, 10:55   Link #87
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
otherwise, I find it hard to believe she would even care about him because otaku AND lolicon (though there's the chicken and egg question) carries such a negative stigma with it that I find it hard to believe she can look past that. More probably than not, she'll be creeped out rather than flattered knowing such a guy loves her the most in the world. In other words, he's one lucky SOB.
Partly agree. But, I have a feeling that if he had never met her, he wouldn't have become lolicon This is another chicken and egg question, though.
Old 2007-09-04, 11:55   Link #88
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

amazing episode. this one moved me as well. the background music during the Kanata scenes were sublime. two more episodes to go, if i'm not mistaken, and let's just hope KyoAni delivers a great ending (like Azumanga Daioh) in this kind of genre, but i think they would be hard-pressed to top this one. this episode just came out of nowhere... and struck many of us so well...
Old 2007-09-04, 12:11   Link #89
othic
rhymes w/but isn't gothic

i'm gonna be sad when this series ends

this was such a good episode that came out of nowhere
Old 2007-09-04, 12:24   Link #90
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
What anime is Kagami talking about, the one that she has the lite novel to and that has already been made into an anime three times and being made into a fourth one? Is there really going to be a FMP 4?
Old 2007-09-04, 12:38   Link #91
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

maybe FMP Sigma what she's talking about...

But anyways Kanta ruled this ep. She owns all the girls even the moms. LOL
Old 2007-09-04, 13:03   Link #92
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
maybe FMP Sigma what she's talking about...

But anyways Kanta ruled this ep. She owns all the girls even the moms. LOL
I didn't know there was gonna be a fourth one.

I enjoyed the part with Konata's mom. It was so sad too.
Old 2007-09-04, 13:55   Link #93
Jaden

Since Konata's 18 years old now and the time in the anime is quite close to ours currently, that means Konata's dad was hooked up to bishoujo games ever since the late 80's? That's strange, since while otaku were present at the time, the concept for bishoujo games formed around 1992. :P
Old 2007-09-04, 14:14   Link #94
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well, considering that the anime's world is pretty up-to-date with the current releases ( I.e.: Code Geass, FMP! TSR and Sigma ), I'd say they try to create a "As it happens" type of world. It's probably late august/september as of episode 22, but don't quote me on that. That being said, Konata is 18, so she was probably born in 1989/1990 at the latest. As I agree that having bishoujo games at that time was probably unfeasible, I bet eroManga and dojinshi were already all over the place.

And in Episode 22, there's a scene showing Soujirou working on a laptop while Kanata brings him some tea and a few onigiri. Laptops weren't invented at the time too, probably, so I'd guess they are more concerned with giving the viewer a pleasant experience than being always 100% historically correct.

On a side note, I just realized that Soujirou's line: "Hey, Konata, don't die before me, okay?" has a pretty deep and depressing meaning. Of course, he's always lively and rarely seems down, but I guess he himself feels that he was left behind by Kanata. Being an otaku myself, I guess that finding that special person to love means going to the gates of hell for her if you need to. And also there were never any mentions of him having a girlfriend or anything of the sort, which definitely puts Soujirou in a special place inside my "respectable character" list. But I digress, I think.

One thing I have to say is that I would definitely love if they had realized who it was in that picture - not simply another "ghost picture", and hang it along the other treasured family photos. But after KyoAni dealed such a painful blow to the heart of L*S fans, I don't think they'd go that far. I only hope there'll be another scene like this in the future.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-09-04, 14:22   Link #95
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
And in Episode 22, there's a scene showing Soujirou working on a laptop while Kanata brings him some tea and a few onigiri. Laptops weren't invented at the time too, probably, so I'd guess they are more concerned with giving the viewer a pleasant experience than being always 100% historically correct.
I remember having a laptop-like device quite a long time ago which my parents called a ワードプロ. It had a screen and I think one can save a document. That might have existed back then. It also had a printer if I remeber correctly.
Old 2007-09-04, 14:27   Link #96
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

One of the best episodes of this anime series i loved it almost made me cry would rate 1000000000000000/10 ^^
Old 2007-09-04, 14:52   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I actually enjoyed the first part, the Kanata backstory, the third part, AND the L*C/ED segments. So I ticked this up to a "10" even though the pacing was odd.

Got a lot of luscious Kagami (love those stockings), a passel of Misao cuteness, huggable Nanako goofy, and the outstanding segment with Konata and her parents.

I'm insanely curious as to how they're going to bring the curtain down on this series at the end. I'm assuming it'll be another "day in the life of...." but the details make the difference...

On Soujirou's laptop in the flashback: I had my first laptop in 1986, Data General One (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_General-One) --- it was very expensive but I used it in my travels for the project I was on. My next laptop was a Toshiba, orange plasma screen in 1992. So... early 1990s? No problem for laptops.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-04 at 15:02.
Old 2007-09-04, 14:57   Link #98
Manga Girl

I loved it!
I'm still crying it was so emotional
Old 2007-09-04, 15:03   Link #99
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
On a side note, I just realized that Soujirou's line: "Hey, Konata, don't die before me, okay?"...
The same line, or something similar (I don't own a Japanese dubbed version so I can't really check). is a famous quote (if not the most famous) from Maison Ikkoku. Yeah the same, unforgettable, Maison Ikkoku in which the main heroine, Kyoko Otonashi, was voiced by Shimamoto Sumi (so yeah, as others said, the same for Kanata).
Coincidence? I'm thinking too hard? or it's just that after this episode my mood is a bit nostalgic...
Old 2007-09-04, 15:22   Link #100
Claymore_Obsessed

Ooh, another wonderful episode ^^

a nostalgic/romantic scene and a hilarous ed...
Minoru's performance is a masterpiece this time