AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 19:24   Link #121
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Jill gets kicked out and then starts hanging out with kayaa. There are some moments but she never really lets or shows she honestly cares about him.

fatina gets mad when she realizes that jill is being used. And that kayaa is a manipulator.

Fatina and jill have moments together and learn a lot about each other. Neither still knows much about kayaa and Neeba at this point.

Fatina and jill are both betrayed etc.
In terms of the plot of the first season, I think the order of events isn't correct.

Fatina and Jil getting betrayed in the tower should come before Fatina and Jil realizing that they have been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan
I just thought she was just some reicarnating spirit that gets ritually sacrificed?

Thus why we loli Kai coming in because Kaaya is going to get bumped off this mortal plane soon.
Now I'm confused. Doesn't she say...

Spoiler for episode 1:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:58   Link #122
v1cious

i don't understand the final scene. is it something that's already happened, or are they going there to stop it?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:12   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
I just thought she was just some reicarnating spirit that gets ritually sacrificed?

Thus why we loli Kai coming in because Kaaya is going to get bumped off this mortal plane soon.

BTW, now that we've seen Utu's face I predict he'll die.

His unseen face was his only plot protection vs. death.

Utu, we knew you well, just make sure to tap some heroine (_I_) before you pass away...
he needs to go back to his hometown and get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
In terms of the plot of the first season, I think the order of events isn't correct.

Fatina and Jil getting betrayed in the tower should come before Fatina and Jil realizing that they have been used.

Now I'm confused. Doesn't she say...

Spoiler for episode 1:
yup she did and she kinda did pass away. go back and rewatch ep8 of season1.
Old 2009-01-08, 20:18   Link #124
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
yup she did and she kinda did pass away. go back and rewatch ep8 of season1.
Well, that's what I thought. Just wondering if there's an actual relation between the King and Kaaya.
Old 2009-01-08, 20:24   Link #125
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, that's what I thought. Just wondering if there's an actual relation between the King and Kaaya.

kaaya is either gil granddaughter or great daughter.
Old 2009-01-08, 20:47   Link #126
Zekori

Bet because of Kaaya, Neeba, and Gilgamesh's betrayals (Respectively to Jil and the rest, more so for Gilgamesh because he's deceiving his own citizens) karma will sling right back at them forcing Jil and Co to bail them out.

Quote:
His unseen face was his only plot protection vs. death.
Spoiler for Gears of War 2:
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:18   Link #127
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Well, Jil saw an image of Kaaya dying, thats why he is climbing the tower.
Fatina is against the climbing according to the preview. Probably still angry with Neeba and probably she doesn't want to lose Jil either. She never get to see Jil's vision though.

Yeah, Neeba was killed by Gilgamesh(?) along with Kaaya in the vision too.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:19   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, just like Halibel-sama, I'm also wondering...

Spoiler:

i think that is Ahmey and i don't think she is alive. Wherever Kaaya was at, i doubt it is for the living.
Old 2009-01-08, 21:22   Link #129
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Just watched the first episode and I loved it .

I used to not really like Fatina, but she was cute in this episode, and I almost started to ship a FatinaXJil pairing even if I know it will not happen

I really liked this episode, I can't wait for the next one
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:32   Link #130
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The vision Ki showed Jil made me think that Kaaya is going to die in the end. Jil's too hung up on her, so he'll end up with no one.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:37   Link #131
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The vision Ki showed Jil made me think that Kaaya is going to die in the end. Jil's too hung up on her, so he'll end up with no one.
I think its the other way around. Kaaya is NOT going to die now since the whole point of Jil traveling is to rescue her. This is the strongest plot armor in existence. Its like if the whole point of a hero journeying is to save the earth then they aren't going to destroy the earth making the whole trip useless at the end no?
Old 2009-01-08, 21:40   Link #132
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
I think its the other way around. Kaaya is NOT going to die now since the whole point of Jil traveling is to rescue her. This is the strongest plot armor in existence. Its like if the whole point of a hero journeying is to save the earth then they aren't going to destroy the earth making the whole trip useless at the end no?
Yeah, so? Jil is going to "climb" to save her. Doesn't change the dire implications in showing her in crucifiction position with a knife in her heart.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:43   Link #133
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I finished reading the comments of the people here from the last pages (Deathkillz is a fan of Fatina, I guess she resembles Tear a bit physically Or you might like the blond girls, don't you ) and I am happy to see that I am not the only one to have enjoyed this episode (and also that some of you ship FatinaXJil, hurray )

Well, anyway, I think Jil will end up with Kayaa. I can see Fatina ending brokenhearted OR with Neeba. I mean, I don't know if she really likes Jil or if she's lying to herself just to forget about Neeba. If it's the second possibility, then it ISN'T a good start for a relationship. Jil is not a consolation prize.

We need a Tower of Druaga forum >o<
Old 2009-01-08, 21:51   Link #134
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Yeah, Neeba was killed by Gilgamesh(?) along with Kaaya in the vision too.
That reminds me...

Gilgamesh seems to be immortal. There's an attempt on his life in season one, and he survives from that. I wonder if this immortality is related to the curse of Druaga that he is said to bear.

I also wonder, that if that armored man in the vision is the younger form of Gilgamesh, if this Blue Crystal Rod and the whole trip to the top of the tower is really about his curse all along.
Old 2009-01-08, 21:52   Link #135
ThoHell

Thought I was imagining things when I this out, BUT I WASN"T! Liking it better than 1st season. I can care less about Kya (that was her name right), Fatina so much better (especially now). Hope there won't be some Jil obsession with her and hope he can move forward and doesn't cause drama and unwanted pain for Fatina. Jil and Fatina together is a want for me (did start out with Kya but just couldn't grow to like her), they're good together! Anyways, starting new season good, can't wait for the nest episode!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:58   Link #136
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Thought I was imagining things when I this out, BUT I WASN"T! Liking it better than 1st season. I can care less about Kya (that was her name right), Fatina so much better (especially now). Hope there won't be some Jil obsession with her and hope he can move forward and doesn't cause drama and unwanted pain for Fatina. Jil and Fatina together is a want for me (did start out with Kya but just couldn't grow to like her), they're good together! Anyways, starting new season good, can't wait for the nest episode!
I took the same road I think. I was a JilXKayaa shipper, but the pairing disappointed me in the end. I was still a JxK shipper till this episode though . But Now I think I will ship JilXFatina

However, I don't think it will happen
Old 2009-01-08, 22:05   Link #137
Molenir

I liked the JilXFatina from when they were together, after everyone got separated from their groups. And especially after the ending of S1, the betrayal, and that image of Jil holding Fatina... Yeah, definitely hoping for that.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 22:08   Link #138
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
I liked the JilXFatina from when they were together, after everyone got separated from their groups. And especially after the ending of S1, the betrayal, and that image of Jil holding Fatina... Yeah, definitely hoping for that.
That scene was nice too, but the way they were in this 1st episode of the season won me. I hope it's so, I'm tired of the whole obsession thing and never seeing what's around them.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 22:15   Link #139
quina

Quote:
Yeah, so? Jil is going to "climb" to save her. Doesn't change the dire implications in showing her in crucifiction position with a knife in her heart.
yes, thats the whole point. Kii said that the vision would came true if Jill doesn't do anything - it has not happened yet. Do you really expect Jill to climb all the way up the tower and see Kayaa stabbed to death and series end with a huge "NOOOOOOO" from Jil - Darth Vader style? Of course not.

well, I know we are talking about Gonzo here. But most Gonzo End are good end (with mix of some weird trolling in several occasions). Kayaa isn't going to die in the end.
Old 2009-01-08, 22:22   Link #140
Zekori

Quote:
yes, thats the whole point. Kii said that the vision would came true if Jill doesn't do anything - it has not happened yet. Do you really expect Jill to climb all the way up the tower and see Kayaa stabbed to death and series end with a huge "NOOOOOOO" from Jil - Darth Vader style? Of course not.
That'd be hilariously anti-climatic if so.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg