AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 16:03   Link #81
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

About the dungeons.... I'd have quite a bit more faith in the possibility that they'd be adapted properly if Shaft was doing this and not AIC.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 16:08   Link #82
tsunade666

now that shaft had been mentioned. Madoka got the whole persona dungeons atmosphere and even the boss fight in it.

persona 4 thread sure is pumped up.

For the social links. The main characters are a must. Plus the father and daughter and maybe a cameo or a bit on school social links. Outside of school is... well less likely. A bit of cameo here and there are nice. But the events that happens at night and only once a week is hard to show. Even though the story itself behind a specific social link is also nice.
Old 2011-04-11, 16:12   Link #83
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
But its means it give Izanagi more badass moment which it can hardly achieved in the game.
That is true - given that Izanagi is on most of the box-art for P4, his skillset (thus his bad-assness) is crap.

One possible thought in regards to this is that
Spoiler for Persona 4 Game:
the MC's persona transforms over the course of the anime.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 16:23   Link #84
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
That is true - given that Izanagi is on most of the box-art for P4, his skillset (thus his bad-assness) is crap.

One possible thought in regards to this is that
Spoiler for Persona 4 Game:
the MC's persona transforms over the course of the anime.
Spoiler for personas:
Old 2011-04-11, 16:28   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
In regards to the bold, what else can they possibly do? Given the amount of persona in P4, it'd be extremely difficult to pick and choose which ones to use for the anime - so using one would probably be the simplest option (if the script-writers were massive slackers )

However, the MC would not be all that special anymore, what with the removal of his wildcard ability.
They could pick the most popular and/or coolest personas. There are quite a few that stand out from the crowd (Mara! ) and that I'd love to see animated. Futhermore, if the MC can't use several personas anymore... then which role will Igor play? Will they cut out such an iconic character from the anime?
Old 2011-04-11, 16:28   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Can we watch the game spoilers people for those that have never played the game? Even if they're in spoiler tags, it's still not allowed in a anime thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Will they cut out such an iconic character from the anime?
Nope. People will have seen it from promotional art, so changing would be a big mistake.
Old 2011-04-11, 16:32   Link #87
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They could pick the most popular and/or coolest personas. There are quite a few that stand out from the crowd (Mara! ) and that I'd love to see animated. Futhermore, if the MC can't use several personas anymore... then which role will Igor play? Will they cut out such an iconic character from the anime?
It'll probably do what it does in the manga, where he summons random persona fitting for the level he's on. Igor will probably still have a role, but it'll be relegated to being the foreshadowing guy/observer/etc.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 17:12   Link #88
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

----

I can't believe this. Seriously, who's producing this? I bet it is Toba, or it cannot be this bad. Kishi Seiji is a director? He is one of the worst original destroyer + horri horri bad directing in AB. Subpar AIC derived studio? It is better you guys give up first, and hope for miracle. That will make you guys feel better before being disappointed.

The probability this getting butchered is now above 50%.
Old 2011-04-11, 17:50   Link #89
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I can't believe this. Seriously, who's producing this? I bet it is Toba, or it cannot be this bad. Kishi Seiji is a director? He is one of the worst original destroyer + horri horri bad directing in AB. Subpar AIC derived studio? It is better you guys give up first, and hope for miracle. That will make you guys feel better before being disappointed.
Shut up.

We don't know anything until it airs, just like with every show every season ever. It is impossible to make judgments until airing begins, and unfair to make judgments until it's over.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 17:59   Link #90
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
About the dungeons.... I'd have quite a bit more faith in the possibility that they'd be adapted properly if Shaft was doing this and not AIC.
Shaft would be ... interesting.

I think they're going with AIC as Atlus has a lot of experience with them. AIC animated everything from P3, P4 and, of course, Trinity Soul. So I think it's pretty natural to go with them.

I think of all the staff announcements the best is that Shoji Meguro is working on it. The music in P4 is very memorable, so it would be dissapointing to get the typical bland anime sound track.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 18:32   Link #91
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Shut up.
Thanks for saying that. I was trying to think of a response to some of these whiny posts, but I just couldn't come up with the right thing to say
Old 2011-04-11, 18:33   Link #92
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shut up.

We don't know anything until it airs, just like with every show every season ever. It is impossible to make judgments until airing begins, and unfair to make judgments until it's over.
no you

It is possible to make judgements, since there is something called 'circumstance' that inevitably creates the possibility of 'failure'. Kishi Seiji is just no.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:36   Link #93
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Shaft would be ... interesting.

I think they're going with AIC as Atlus has a lot of experience with them. AIC animated everything from P3, P4 and, of course, Trinity Soul. So I think it's pretty natural to go with them.
No, that was A-1 Pictures, which is Aniplex's own studio.

Seiji Kishi was probably selected because of his experience on Aniplex's Angel Beats! (which had both action and dramatic scenes, and was designed to be RPG-like) - it's just easier to go with someone you're already working with.

Kishi has also done a lot of work with AIC, so it's not entirely surprising that their name would come up as a potential studio. You'd think that A-1 would be a natural choice, but scheduling doesn't always make these things possible.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 19:08   Link #94
Shadow5YA

I don't see a problem in having the main character stick to Izanagi. The "wild card" ability isn't hyped up to be as important in P4 as it is in P3.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 19:24   Link #95
GreatTeacherKen

Whoa, didn't see this coming!

I'm interested in seeing in how they'll handle this adaptation. I wonder if they'll keep the Social Links, or if they'll only adapt the ones that feature characters relevant to the main plot. I'm quite fond of the game and its characters so hopefully it'll turn out good.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:23   Link #96
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Finally! and it seems they learned from the P3 train-wreck, and go for the original game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's going to be weird seeing this with the Japanese VA. Here's hoping the director doesn't mess this up. I'm excited, but Persona 4 doesn't seem like something that you can easily adapt, since, in my opinion, you have to keep a good pace between the Midnight Channel and the Social Links. At least it's AIC. The cutscenes in the game were terrible, and I have confidence in their animation after SnO.
Well, there was an undubbed version floating around, since the dubbing was attrocious, and if it wasn't for that hack, I would have dropped the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

The probability this getting butchered is now above 50%.
AIC Asta as animation goes, is not bad or anything. The first problem I see though is the director, Kishi Seiji:
  • Angel Beats was all over the place, mainly because of the corny tale, and horrible pacing (a Key trademark), but also because it was his job to hide it with clever scene placement, and tweaking... which he absolutely did not.
  • Seto no Hanayome not as bad, but still way inferior to the manga.
  • Magikano, well my memory is fuzzy, but the only thing I can remember is that it had panty-shots

Well, as long as the have someone competent handling the series composition, the director can not do too much harm... but that's a very big if.

Anyway, at least Horie Yui will say some of my favourite lines
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:35   Link #97
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why would they change the name and seiyuu for Souji...? From what I've heard, his voice in the drama cd is already pretty cool

Oh well, who cares I'm just glad to see this one animated

Now I wonder what would happen with the social link's scene...I just hope that they won't forget about it and also put it in the story ;( I think they're quite important because of that last scene when you fight the last boss.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:35   Link #98
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Another interesting point might be that they might switch MC to only keeping a single Persona, Izanagi. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea.
If I don't get my animated Metatron, someone's going to get a Megidoladyne up their rear end (yeah, I'm biased, what about it? )

Quote:
Pfft, Izanagi's design was awesome enough that I fused him with awesome skills and leveled him to the 90s, despite the amount of work that took! (Plus Izanagi's stats are pretty much on par as the other party member's Persona upgrades when at the same level, which I thought was cool).

Last edited by Angelic Cross; 2011-04-12 at 14:07.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:43   Link #99
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Why would they change the name and seiyuu for Souji...?
They didn't change the seiyuu at all. Daisuke Namikawa is the same person who did Souji in both the games and the drama cd.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 21:16   Link #100
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh, that's cool then . I thought I've read somewhere that they changed the seiyuu so my assumption went wrong....

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy