Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:55   Link #24
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I think Mia is going to be a central figure of the story. Given her influence as ZAFT's leading lady, what happens if she takes matters into her own hands later on? Once she wins the people's hearts, how is the real Lacus going to make her comeback (whether if she still wants to)?

Her conversation with Athrun reveals that she has an inferiority complex, but that could imply that she's going to try much harder, even perhaps to exceed the real person...

My feeling is that Mia's reasons for being a fan has more to do with her envy of a well-placed individual's influence and power. She revers Athrun for the fact that he was Lacus' fiance, for instance.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:58   Link #25
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I am pretty sure Gilbert has all the dirt on her. Proof of identity and the like. She doesn't look like a person who is unprepared for such things.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:58   Link #26
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Yup, episode 10 is out. I am sure Lynnie will be out later with more details, but for those of you hungry for some Gundam...
Hey, thanks, MrProphet! Both you and JaLooNz did a fine job for this episode.

Does either of you want the job? No joke by the way; I'm going to be tied up till June, it looks like, on projects (Actually, it kind of looks like June 2006 from the project plans... Yay; job security!). I have nothing to add to your synopsis aside from a big round of thanks over here.

I kind of like Mia in this episode. Yes, she's pretending to be Lacus, but at least she knows that's it's only a role and won't be for good; she's serving a good purpose, however.

It's a bit shocking, though, to see that the Chairman has enough foresight to see that he might need both Lacus (even a fake one) and a mobile suit built, it looks like, in more secret than Impulse. I wonder what else he has up his sleeves.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:59   Link #27
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic
My feeling is that Mia's reasons for being a fan has more to do with her envy of a well-placed individual's influence and power. She revers Athrun for the fact that he was Lacus' fiance, for instance.
I highly doubt "envy" was part of her reason for being a fan of Lacus ...fangirls/boys don't need a reason to revere their idols!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 10:05   Link #28
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I think that Mia might grow to envy Lacus.

After all, she probably doesn't know the real events enought, so she could be deluding herself about the state of affairs with Kira X Lacus and Athrun X Lacus. Hence, she might think that Athrun is still attracted to Lacus and might want to get him for herself (after all, if she is a Lacus-copy, then she might naturally be with "her Athrun").

For now it doesn't seem like she's evil. But hey... Fllay looked like a nice person in the beginning too (and no, I like Fllay a lot, but she acted like a bitch a couple of times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Does either of you want the job?
Thanks. I'll try to help out whenever I can, although I can't guarrantee it all the time. After all, I get to see Destiny here only at around 5-6 am. 8)

I am just guessing, but I think that people who see the series will always chip in, when the new episode comes, so it's not such a big deal.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 10:28   Link #29
Ansa

Great ep. Needs to be subbed asap (couldn't understand hardly anything during the whole ep) I'm starting to like Mia, of course you know they're going to have her turn into an evil Lacus towards the end of the series (maybe even earlyer depends on the writers moods)

[spoiler] In the begining I found it intersting to Kira/Lacus reaction to the nukes. Also I just broke out laughing when Cagari/Shinn punched something near the same time. Same when after Mia introduces herself Athrun seems to start to walk away and she just pulls him and drags him out of the room I couldn't stop laughing at that point. [spoiler] It would be kickass if Yzak/Dearka joined with Athrun then later as did Minvera,Kira,RealLacus,and the rest of the Seed crew and took on both sides...

BTW anyoen else think they kinda need a good guy from the earth alliance? Maybe Neo and his crew will join up with Athrun as well >.> Yeah right highly doughtful but it would be nice to have some desent Naturals in Seed (besides Archangel/Mwu they're really wasn't a good set of Naturals besides Cagari and Orb and we can see how thats going to turn out >.>)
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 11:34   Link #30
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
But don't get your hopes up yet though, there will not be an episode airing on New Year's Day. So we're just getting one episode ahead of time. Still pretty sweet I guess.
What?! I thought we could finally catch up on the episodes since there was one that got delayed due to the earthquake >_<

Quote:
And yes, that's Mizu no Akashi, the song Lacus sings in that abandoned theater in Ep 36 of SEED.
Ha! The fake doesn't know the new song
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 11:50   Link #31
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Was Shinn even IN this episode for more than a few seconds?
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:11   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
What?! I thought we could finally catch up on the episodes since there was one that got delayed due to the earthquake >_<
Well, like I said, the 1/1/05 timeslot was probably already preempted before they had the Earthquake and moved the shows back a week (since its New Years Day after all... They might want to show something else on that day), so I guess they will indeed catch up with the original scheduling next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Was Shinn even IN this episode for more than a few seconds?
Nope... But the flashback to his question of "What are you doing in Orb?" seemed to have made Athrun make up his mind and ditch Orb. So I guess he did serve his purpose as a *support* character...
Old 2004-12-18, 12:32   Link #33
ma2ha3

fake lacus better

am i the only who like the fake lacus??
she look nicer, happier, cuter.
look like she can dance.

and her dress is so sexy. i like it.

not to mention bigger boobs.

gilbert gave a mobile suit gundam to athrun
i think it is a dog dinner
no one gave someone a ms
not to mention, the most advance ms

there is no free lunch
something is fishy
something is not right.
It stinks.

Last edited by ma2ha3; 2004-12-18 at 12:46.
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:33   Link #34
Ansa

Shinn has become a supporting character and Athrun's now the main character o_O why do the bother to introduce Shinn's past if they're not even going to use the frelling character?
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:34   Link #35
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I think that Mia might grow to envy Lacus.
Probably, but you never know with the way they might move the storyline. They may even have her sacrifice herself for her idol...

Quote:
After all, she probably doesn't know the real events enought, so she could be deluding herself about the state of affairs with Kira X Lacus and Athrun X Lacus. Hence, she might think that Athrun is still attracted to Lacus and might want to get him for herself (after all, if she is a Lacus-copy, then she might naturally be with "her Athrun").
The Chairman might also want to use the Lacus/Athrun couple to boost the morale during the war. One to encourage and strengthen the Coordinators as a whole, and the other to win battles outside against EA.

Quote:
Thanks. I'll try to help out whenever I can, although I can't guarrantee it all the time. After all, I get to see Destiny here only at around 5-6 am. 8)

I am just guessing, but I think that people who see the series will always chip in, when the new episode comes, so it's not such a big deal.
Yup. No worries, and cheers. I'm in the same boat as the "no guarantee" thing.

5-6AM? The timeslot should mean that you're in the western hemisphere, then. Okay, I think that I know how you're watching it then.

Quote:
Well, like I said, the 1/1/05 timeslot was probably already preempted before they had the Earthquake and moved the shows back a week (since its New Years Day after all... They might want to show something else on that day), so I guess they will indeed catch up with the original scheduling next week.
It's also the start of a block of holidays. If I remember correctly, last year, my colleagues in Tokyo had January 1st through 3rd off... Christmas isn't a holiday in Japan at all; it's basically for the gaijins and shopping, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:45   Link #36
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Shinn has become a supporting character and Athrun's now the main character o_O why do the bother to introduce Shinn's past if they're not even going to use the frelling character?
Because they'll be going back to Shinn's story very soon? For now they are still setting the conflict and the sides up... Shinn's developments can come later.
Old 2004-12-18, 12:49   Link #37
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Okay i know only a bit of japanese and have just finished the raw

i hope the spoiler tags work
Spoiler:
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:57   Link #38
ma2ha3

mia idolise lacus? i thought she is a clone.

am i mistaken
she is not a clone?

how do you make it look so similar?

you mean it is like the lady boy in thailand
there is sone who look exactly like seiko matsuda
have anyone seen her?
Old 2004-12-18, 13:01   Link #39
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3
am i mistaken
she is not a clone?

how do you make it look so similar?
space age plastic surgery.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 13:15   Link #40
ma2ha3

original lacus is a housewife type now

lacus now look after little kids

little kids !!!

no one can look nice , young, sexy looking after like 20 kids

lacus is so yesterday. now, lousy dress, sad face. (typical housewife, full of work)

MIA SUPER, sexy pose, sexy dress, so sexy dress, you can see the slim slim body and huge tits.