AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 02:35   Link #181
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IIRC, in the Diamond and Pearl series there was an episode another episode about that. In the episode Pikachu reaffirmed his decision in staying a Pikachu, we also learned that Ash keep the thunder stone that Nurse Joy gave him in the episode you mentioned.

He is not scared, he just wants to remain a Pikachu.
And wants to get stronger with evolving into a Raichu to gain more stength..
I dont think he wants to evolve, so he doesnt want to get more strength.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 05:47   Link #182
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I dont think he wants to evolve, so he doesnt want to get more strength.
Sorry about that.
I meant "Without" with evolving into a Raichu.

Electric Shock Showdown and Pika and Goliath! are the episodes were Ash lets Pikachu choose to either evolve into a Raichu or stay a Pikachu to beat a Raichu. He(Pikachu) previously lost too.
Old 2013-01-22, 06:45   Link #183
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Sorry about that.
I meant "Without" with evolving into a Raichu.

Electric Shock Showdown and Pika and Goliath! are the episodes were Ash lets Pikachu choose to either evolve into a Raichu or stay a Pikachu to beat a Raichu. He(Pikachu) previously lost too.
It's not that surprising that he(Pikachu) previously lost..but I have to back Pikachu's goal. It's a nice one. Does anyone have any estimates where Pikachu's level might be? 50-60? 50-65? 40-50?
I've never had a Pikachu(in the games) so I'm curious where Ash's one might be level-wise.

Last edited by Libros; 2013-01-22 at 10:33.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 00:40   Link #184
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Look who's back
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 06:25   Link #185
sky black swordman

^ Genesect vs Mewtwo!!!
Man, first Charizard makes a comeback in the anime and now Mewtwo in the new movie!!XD

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-07 at 21:00.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 14:06   Link #186
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I'm still waiting for Lugia vs. Ho-oh movie...If they're ever going to make one =_="

But HECK YEAH! Mewtwo is back!!! Can't wait! (Next year for the DVD, hah? TT^TT)
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 18:57   Link #187
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: End of the Unova League

As of today, I've watched myself the episode that concludes the whole of the Unova League arc: Seasons one + two.

The only thing that made me upset and wanting to shoot an array of swear words, but I must refrain because I need to show manners and stay civil, is watching Satoshi losing the quarter-finals to an idiot kid like Kotetsu.

Kotetsu didn't deserve to win and go to the semi-finals, because I mean he made so terrible blunders:
- Thought you need seven gym badges for admittance into the Unova League.
- He confused the dates of registration and was about to be kept out from participating.
- In the quarter-finals thought that you need a team of five pokemon, instead of "six" for the matches.

Honestly, the Satoshi from way back to the Kanto League at the very start of the anime would have made those blunders, but he did not.

I would have loved seeing Satoshi win and going to the semi-finals. At least, he would have lost with a respected rival to the likes of Virgil, the Team-Eevee User.
Had Satoshi reached the semi-finals he would have only Pikachu left at the climax of the match with Virgil having only two pokemon left in his team; Virgil would have likely sent Eevee to battle and win over Pikachu.

But not a chance! The outcome made me mad just as seeing Satoshi losing the semi-finals of the Sinnoh League to a user having just pure "Legendary" Pokemon on his team.

Oh, well! I definitely liked the cinematography used to animate the closing moments of the episode when Satoshi said his farewells to Higaki City and the Unova League heading for his next destination.

Hopefully, next Monday I'll start with the much anticipated episode of "N" arc, which at last introduces Team Plasma for the first time ever in the anime.
Best Wishes has already covered two thirds of the overall storyline; the "N" arc covers the final third.

In summary, Best Wishes is divided into two acts:
1. Unova League (Seasons 1 + 2)
2. Episode of N (Season 3)

Once I get the chance to watch the last episode to the N arc, which completely closes the whole Best Wishes series, then as I promised, I'll be leaving the Pokemon anime once and for all; good riddance.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 15:08   Link #188
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Episode of N

So, today I've started what it's to be the final act to the Best Wishes era, the Episode of N story arc.

Just like many of you have been stating and predicting over the last years, the animators now don't care even a grain of salt about giving quality and consistency to the plotline. All they care about now is that the anime keeps with the hypes and up-to-date with the trend from the current generation of games released to the next one and so on.

The first episode, which could have been great, turned out into another of those fillers about the so recycled and clichéd, minor plot of a new trainer getting his or her first starter pokemon, befriending Satoshi, getting in the usual Poke hype, and leaving for his or her journey at the conclusion of the episode.
Gosh! I really hate it when they use that kind of filler for stock. They pretty much are telling the conscientious audience that they ran out of original ideas and creativity a long time ago and are now just serving the younger audience the same stuff over and over.

Though the episode itself was a waste, the ending wasn't. The episode concludes featuring, at last, the character of N, whom he'll be introducing officially himself to Satoshi and co. in the next episode.

There are also other things I want to comment.
1. The new OP video is practically awesome.
a) It feels very shounen-esque and close to the standards of other shows' openings like Naruto or Hunter X Hunter.

b) The OP feature quite prominently Ghetsis and Team Plasma wanting to take over all Unova.

c) According to the OP and corroborated by the new ED, N will officially become the fourth member of Satoshi's party, although it is uncertain if he'll remain a party member for the duration of this arc or sporadically from time to time.

d) Both new OP and ED also confirmed that Satoshi's Charizard will make a comeback as well.

e) Reshiram will be featured in this arc, as well.

f) Satoshi and co. will be revisiting Unova, or at least the place concerning around the Legendary Dragons: Reshiram and Zekrom.

g) It is confusing but a still shot of the OP displays Team Rocket along with the Inspector of the International Police, Looker.

h) The new ED is so beautifully animated and the musical theme cute; towards the end it features a lot of N's background.

Now as for the bad news:
The Jessie, James, and Meowth TR gang returns to Unova. Unfortunately, what I dreaded the most finally came back.

The TR completely returned:
1. With its clichéd habit of scheming to attempt kidnapping Pikachu.
2. Their long, winded introduction scenery.
3. And, finally, They once again get blasted into infinity whenever they get defeated or thwarted by Satoshi and co.

Gosh, but I must tell to myself to calm down and enjoy this arc, since at the start of Best Wishes all I wanted was to see Team Plasma and N in action, and, finally, I'll get that chance by following this arc.
However, I will take it as something good, since this will be the very last story arc for me to watch, and, after that, I'll be kissing goodbye to the Pokemon anime forever.
Old 2013-03-28, 16:52   Link #189
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Seen up to the fourth episode.

In episode two Satoshi and co. have their first meeting with N. His traits were left unchanged from the games, and he's on a quest of his own to find meaning if Humans and Pokemon can be happy together under the current system, the Trainers with their Pokemon engaging in Pokemon fights.

Episode three introduces Cheren, the recurring subprotagonist in the first Black-&-White games, now as a Gym Leader who also holds the position in the Black-&-White 2 games.

It's until the fourth episode that Team Plasma finally debuts in the anime introducing the Plasma grunts, Achroma (Team Plasma's Head Scientist), and Ghetsis (as a communications hologram apparition).
Their fight against Satoshi and Looker ended in a draw and was suddenly interrupted by the arrival of Team Rocket, and this time they've succeeded by hacking into Team Plasma's data and thus thwarting their plans. However, Team Plasma got back against Team Rocket by blasting them off from the skies towards the end of the episode.

It's clearly from the Plasma's shock and reaction that they know about Team Rocket, or, at least, as an organization from Kanto. However, the TR trio didn't know anything about the Plasmas until overhearing Looker's conversation with Satoshi.
Old 2013-03-29, 10:12   Link #190
@GEMC

want to ask where can i watch the latest episode
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 17:14   Link #191
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Charizard returns to travel with Ash and Co.

Not much happened in the sixth episode except that TR weren't around at all for a relief, and N joined Ash's party.

In the seventh episode, N clashed with another trainer, whom was using Pokemon as a rescue squad to save civilians and pokemon alike.

Now, the eighth episode was a treat and special, since Ash recalled his Charmander going back to a serious of flashbacks to an old era at the time when Pokemon's story actually was pretty good and full from some quite episodes there with drama.
Brock (Takeshi) and Misty (Kasumi) were included in the flashbacks with speaking roles; this was about the times Charmander met with Ash and traveled with him across Kanto to get Gym Badges. Then, Charmander evolved into Charmeleon and, subsequently, into Charizard which brought the hard time when the latter refused to listen to Ash and costed him the Kanto League eighth-finals match.

Then, the memories flash-forwarded to the Orange Island with another drama episode in which Charizard lost cold, and Ash brough it back with warm and love, eventually, made Charizard to respect and accept Ash.

Another flash-forward to the League, at the time Ash left Charizard at the Chariziffic Valley to train and to become stronger.

Cut to more flash backs going forward when Charizard return in Johto League matches, and the Kanto Battle Frontier.

In the present, Ash learned that Charizard returned from Chariziffic Valley from Oak, and he immediately transferred his Unfezant for Charizard.

Charizard never felt with so much strength and shape than ever before.
- Charizard formed a friendly rivalry with Iris's Dragonite.
- After a very long, long, long, but long time, Charizard finally rejoins Ash's party to travel together.
Old 2013-04-15, 02:02   Link #192
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Episode N has had its good points and bad points, better than the past BW arcs in my opinion...

Pros

-Really liked Ash/N's friendship
-Meowth getting a lot of attention
-Charizard being back and the episode he returned in was really good
-Newest episode finally showing what kind of a threat Team Plasma can be, Ash and his Pokemon were pretty cool too.
-Seeing more of older Pokemon

Cons

-Dento not doing any thing this entire arc, hes only been in one series so far and hes alreadyy become D/P Brock sheesh!
-Dragonite being the only Pokemon of Iris to do any thing these days

Over all, pretty good. Looks like its about to end, hope it gets a good finale.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 10:07   Link #193
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For a little while episode of N ended back in Japan, but I'm still enjoying the episodes as the final arc approaches.

Episodes 9 and 10 constitute a two parter.
- N gets seriously injured.
- Dr. Achroma's system makes Pokemon go into a wild rampage in order to bring forth their natural potential to the max.
- Two mysterious women appeared out of nowhere from a fog and take N with them.
- N is nursed to health in a mysterious valley surrounded by the fog.
- N explains his backstory to Ash and co :
They used to believe in Ghetsis ideals for a world where Pokemon and humans live their respective places, however, N and the girls found out later that were being used by Ghetsis. From the flashbacks, Ghetsis was searching the Unova region for people capable of understanding the hearts of Pokemon with the ultimate purpose of controlling Reshiram.
The girls, revealed as Helena and Verbena, discovered Ghetsis's true intentions witnessing how much the latter infuriated Reshiram. So, they broke off loyalties with Team Plasma and took N with them.
- After he explains his story, N part ways once more with Ash and co.
- Ash and co. head to the White Ruins.

In the eleventh episode, TR pull out their operations to get Meowth approach Dr. Achroma seeing his potential with the system he has created.
Meowth hoped that Dr. Achroma would have switched allegiances to become a Team Rocket member after the former praised the latter's genius due not to being praised much by Team Plasma.

Meowth even agreed to cooperate with Achroma's experiment, but it was tricked.

Dr. Achroma never intended to leave Team Plasma, since he at present feels content with the results he's conducting with them.

Differences between Team Rocket and Team Plasma are:
- Rockets are an evil organization, because they want to conquer the world as they please and see fit.

- Plasma want to take over Unova due to following an ideal and have a clear objective in mind to go and pursue it; they're motivated and disciplined to get it by any means.

Whatever differences seems clear to me that the Plasmas have substance to do what they're doing; evil for the sake of being evil to me is not trope but clichéd, and a lame one at that.
Old 2013-05-27, 01:00   Link #194
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode of "N". Conclusion.

Today, I've finished yet another chapter in the Pokemon saga with the conclusion to episode of N.

Sumarizing in a very concise manner the last three episodes, everyone got rounded.

N had no other choice but to surrender the light stone witnessing Ash sacrifcing his life so much to calm down Pikachu from being controlled due to Achroma's machine.

Ghetsis initiates the ritual, summoning at last Reshiram. It is quickly dealt by Achroma's machine, but not before Helena and Verbena, N's protegés, join the fray to no use.

Nowadays, enter Inspector Looker requesting help from TR to keep the Plasma grunts and their Pokemon busy, so as to buy time for Ash to get near the machine.

Pikachu doesn't want to stay behind and joins the fray, but it gets controlled again by the machine. However, to Ghetsis and Achroma's surprise Pikachu's fighting off the mind control, since Ash voice is barely reaching it. Then, Pikachu, proceeds to thunderbolt Reshiram in order to knock the Dragon back to its senses.

Mustering some self control the two Pokemon launch their best attacks, demolishing the machine in the process, and so freeing not only themselves but the rest of the Pokemon from the mind control.

Achroma's stupefied for what he witnessed, but Team Plasma have no time for an escape, as Ash and co. quickly rounded them up for good

The International Police shows up and TP is arrested for good, along with Ghetsis.

During the course of the whole ordeal, N saw in flesh about the interaction between Ash and his Pokemon possessing a bond of deep friendship; N's long sought ideal.
Witnessing Ash and his Pokemon, N gets inspired to look for a world where Humans and Pokemon can cooperate with each other, and not living separately. Hence, he starts on a new journey of his own taking both Helena and Verbena with him.

As usual, the so formulaic ending with Ash and co. saying farewell to and parting ways from N.

Conclusion. To tell the truth I found the climax with Meloetta and Team Rocket at the Ocean Temple quite fun and intense than N's final episode with Team Plasma summoning Reshiram. I don't know it felt the whole ordeal just like your average episode to me.

I feel N's potential as a character was not fully brought forward in this story arc that made him injustice. This story arc by itself had its great moments and those that made it go downhill at times. I felt more episodes were needed for more development on N and, perhaps, Ghetsis, but the latter was always reduced as just a control freak, tyrant obsessed to make weapons out of legendary Pokemon.

Well, for me I'm finally done with this story arc, and from here until the release of the new generation of games in October, I do not know what to do next.
I guess I'll have no choice but to stick with Pokemon for the Decolora Adventure story arc, until Ash returns back home to Kanto. Once that story arc is over, then it'll be the definite good-bye to Pokemon once and for all for me.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:07   Link #195
sky black swordman

^ Nice review, I'm assuming from the fact you mentioned the "new generation of games" , you will be cutting ties with the Pokemon "anime" but will still continue to play the Pokemon games, right ?
Old 2013-06-08, 18:10   Link #196
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2. Decolora Adventure

Here I am covering what is the last story arc to the overall Best Wishes season.

To sum it up, since long ago the writers haven't care to develop the plot for the anime, then think of the Decolora Adventure season as either a rehash or reimagining of Kanto's Orange Islands season except that Ash and co. are traveling back to Kanto aboard a luxury liner instead of riding a Lapras.
-- What a downer!

To those who watched the Orange Islands episode long, long, very long ago, in a forgotten era, then you might well expect what's going to be the plot for Decolora Adventure.

Now, for those of you who happen to be brand-new to the anime for the Pokemon Franchise....
Spoiler:

Just like the Orange Islands, the Decolora Islands is meant to be a filler season to hold the anime, until the next sixth generation of Pokemon games get to be released in Japan this October. Hence, I'm not expecting this much of this arc except that starting from here I'm marking the countdown.

The countdown for me to finally say goodbye to the Pokemon anime.

Quote:
^ Nice review, I'm assuming from the fact you mentioned the "new generation of games" , you will be cutting ties with the Pokemon "anime" but will still continue to play the Pokemon games, right ?
Sorry, if I didn't reply back at the time you reply my previous post. Indeed, I'm cutting off ties with the Pokemon anime for good once the Decolora Islands seasons finishes on October. Nevertheless, I'll neither get bored nor tired from purchasing and playing the games.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:11   Link #197
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sweet!

kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 19:17   Link #198
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hi, everyone! A short while not seeing you.

Today, I watched the twelfth episode of the Decolora Islands arc, and this one features two Pokemon appearing in the upcoming sixth-generation games due to release on October.

This type of advertising Pokemon belonging to future game generations within the anime has been employed nine times in the past:

The first Pocket Monsters series:
1. Towards the end of the very, very first episode of the entire Pokemon anime Ash witnessed Ho-Oh soaring to the skies.

2. The episode with the Aerodactyl, in which Ash discovered Togepi's egg, and it hatched two episodes later; Indigo League arc.

3. After Tracy joined Ash group he introduced his Marill to everyone; Orange Islands Arc.

4. The episode when Team Rocket's Wobuffet met with its pre-evolution, Wynaut; Johto League arc.

5. Another episode when Ash and co. met with a trainer owning a pair of Kecleon; Johto League arc.

6. Ash vs. Harrison during the quarter-finals match of the Johto League's Silver Conference, whom both pit: Charizard against Blaziken; end of Johto League arc.

Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation series:
7. James returning to his summer mansion and reuniting with his Mime Jr.; Kanto Frontier arc.

8. Brock finding and adopting a Bonsly; Kanto Frontier arc.

9. Ash returning to his homeland at Pallet Town and fighting against Gary's Elekible; overall ending episode to Advanced Generation era.

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes series:
10. Ash and co. traveling through Harvest Island met with Pansy, a Pokemon Reporter, whom she owns a Gogoat and Helioptile; Decolora Islands arc.

Gogoat is featured in the upcoming, sixth-generation games and is also the grass goat counterpart to the grass deer Pokemon Sawsbuck.

Helioptile, on the other hand, is an electric-type lizard featured also in the sixth-generation games. However, this Pokemon to me looks like a pre-evolution of the Pokemon Mawile due that both share the same body color-scheme and quite a few similar features.
Old 2013-09-21, 15:10   Link #199
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

MewTwo - The Prologue to Its Awakening

Minna-san, today watched the special TV episodes that precedes the storyline for the latest Pokemon film that got released two months ago.

As far as my knowledge goes, this is the third TV-special episode involving the Pokemon MewTwo.

It guest-starred in two other previous special episodes plus made brief cameo appearances in first Pokemon TV series during the time of the Kanto League story arc.

1. The first special played sort of prologue to the first Pokemon film - MewTwo Strikes Back.

2. The second special played during the time of the Johto League story arc, and it was titled "MewTwo Returns".

3. The third MewTwo special episode featured the title Pokemon summoning its Mega Evolution form to fight off a hunter sent by the same group of scientists whom created MewTwo.
This special runs for 20 minutes, and reintroduces to the audience the character of Virgil, who became the champion of the Unova League and is the master of the Eevee evolved forms that compose his team of Pokemon Rescuers.

The special itself closes in the last minute with Ash, Cilan, and Iris conversing with Prof. Oak to go to Pokemon Hills Recreation Center at New Tork City, which is in fact the setting for the latest Pokemon film.
Old 2013-10-03, 06:44   Link #200
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

The trailer for the next Pokémon series:

A curious self note: the voice actor for Clemont (Citron) is Yuki Kaji (Alibaba, "Magi"; Kazuya Ichinose, Akio Fudou, "Inazuma Eleven"; Finian, "Kuroshitsuji"; Eren Yaeger, "Shingeki no Kyojin", etc...) - however, from the few lines I've heard him talk, I'm suprised to notice it doesn't really sound like it's done by a male seiyuu at all... (I'd guess his voice acting on Finian from "Kuroshitsuji" comes close to my mind when hearing the excerpts I've heard)

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2013-10-05 at 11:17.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote