AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-20, 16:06   Link #41
Mentar
Banned

raphael: Of course you can watch mkv on Macs, just use mplayer. Trivial stuff.

Good start into the show! I hope that Kumiko will turn out to be a worthy rival, even though she has no chance (the triangle is obviously fake, Tenko is the designated girl).

So let's hope that she's more a FSN-Rin than a Suzuka-Honoka, and we're gonna be in for some good fun
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 17:13   Link #42
tritoch

Depending on how ep 2 turn out, I think Kumiko might get more votes here later on ^__^
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 17:27   Link #43
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Depending on how ep 2 turn out, I think Kumiko might get more votes here later on ^__^
That's possible. I'm just wondering whether Kumiko is also a Goddess or not.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 18:10   Link #44
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
That's possible. I'm just wondering whether Kumiko is also a Goddess or not.
If Kumiko is 'not a normal human' then my bets more on she's a 'devil offspring' or something

The more I look at it the more Tenko's hairstyle reminds me of the weird alien girl from Niea_7...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 19:42   Link #45
Itlandm
Porcupine

Another vote for the totally unfounded notion that Kumiko (somehow I keep thinking of her as "Kumako") is supernatural too. Or his reaction could be just because she bears some resemblance to his mother. Doesn't she? Of course, the goddess is kinda bland for a deity, but then again her beauty is halved so...
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 20:52   Link #46
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Do I really want to know why God married his wife?
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 20:56   Link #47
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
raphael: Of course you can watch mkv on Macs, just use mplayer. Trivial stuff.
If it was so trivial, I wouldn't be asking...
Believe me I tried everything, just like I said in the Keroro thread. Some mac owners told me they had big troubles too. I just quit, waiting patiently for the avi to go out. lol. Then as I realized what mkv are, I'm wondering whether it's really useful, when it comes to anime... But that's just my very own feeling (and the one of some friends of mine...)
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 22:44   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
(the triangle is obviously fake, Tenko is the designated girl).

So let's hope that she's more a FSN-Rin than a Suzuka-Honoka, and we're gonna be in for some good fun
That's pretty much in a nutshell why I'm so keen on this type of show. Just some good fun.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 23:15   Link #49
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Animation by TAPs, from the same company who also animated Ojamajo Doremi! Must watch this.

This gives off the Kamichu + Shuffle vibe. Strange.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 00:46   Link #50
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
If it was so trivial, I wouldn't be asking...
Seriously now, what's the problem? Just get the latest official mplayer build for the Mac (Google is your friend), and it will automatically play all mkvs. Lately there has even been development to read embedded fonts and support most of SSA/ASS's styling conventions, which would allow perfect softsub playback.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 02:37   Link #51
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Very nice, I like it so far. You don't see many god type of shows out lately so this is a real treat. I'm curious to see how Samatarou will become GOD without any powers. Pretty lame when your father (GOD) has to grant wishes for you. Also I agree that new transfer student has to be a either a goddess or the devils daughter or something. She's no more beautiful then his sisters and mother. Poor Tenko. What a shock to her.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 02:59   Link #52
Mrcrowley

YAY, my first post.

Anyway back to the problem at hand.

MY TORRENT OF THIS ANIME HAS NO SUBTILTES!!!!

I got this same problem with Himawari ep 2 and 3, yet ep 1 worked fine. I dont get it. I use the K-Lite Codec Pack and its completely updated. Could anyone please help me? I know this is off topic a bit and unrelated a bit, but I would love to fix the issue so I can watch and enjoy as well!
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 03:09   Link #53
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
YAY, my first post.

Anyway back to the problem at hand.

MY TORRENT OF THIS ANIME HAS NO SUBTILTES!!!!

I got this same problem with Himawari ep 2 and 3, yet ep 1 worked fine. I dont get it. I use the K-Lite Codec Pack and its completely updated. Could anyone please help me? I know this is off topic a bit and unrelated a bit, but I would love to fix the issue so I can watch and enjoy as well!
Not the place for help on playback issues but I guess I can let it slide. Please visit this site and install the cccp codec pack = http://www.cccp-project.net/. Make sure to uninstall all other codec packs and codec's first before installing this. I advise you to choose the Media Player classic option during install. Welcome to the forums btw, make sure you read the forum rules.
Old 2006-05-21, 03:56   Link #54
Itlandm
Porcupine

The way I understand it, God Jr has no powers temporarily because he is undergoing training in humanity. His sisters are candidates for goddesses but not currently going through intensive training. We don't even know if there are different rules for goddesses, or if they too have such a powerless phase. Anyway, if the Kamisama concept is based loosely on rumors of Christianity, then God's son didn't do miracles when he was young there either. Of course the whole idea of God families is a bit different from the Western concept, but still...

On an unrelated note, I don't see why Tenko should be the prime candidate for romance. It seems to me that their relationship is more like twins. Yes, she craves his affection, but more in a family way. I think she would be thoroughly disgusted if he thought of her in an ecchi way. Yes, it is a rule that the first girl we meet should get the boy. But not if she is a sister, and Tenko comes pretty close to that.
Old 2006-05-21, 06:58   Link #55
Nemuru

Just seen the first episode and it's quite interesting, the opening really had to going for me. To me this anime will be more romance orientated than comedy, another anime to add to my must watch list for this season ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Yes, it is a rule that the first girl we meet should get the boy. But not if she is a sister, and Tenko comes pretty close to that
I don't think they are real brothers and sister, tenko was only raised together with samatarou. I believed any romantic realtionship between Tenko and samatarou is acceptable.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 11:20   Link #56
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Quote:
The same here too.But that's Studio ADTRW,so that's gonna be mkv.Quite fast compare to the last show they made a filled-sub though.That's good at least all can catch up the show in a considerable amount of time.
It's not really Studio ADTRW. It's just me. I'm normally a timer/editor for ADTRW, but I wanted to try my hand at translation for once. I was bored Friday night so I sat down for a few hours and subbed this. I needed to practice my listening comprehension, and this was a good way to do it. I only have 3 years of college Japanese and 10 years of watching anime as experience, so I apologize if some of the lines were off. I can think of about 10 that I know weren't quite right. I'll probably drop this if a real group picks it up and subs it at a reasonable pace, but I'll likely at least do episode 2. I blundered the heck out of the OP/ED and want to fix that.

I use MKV for lots of reasons, mostly because it's much easier to deal with (for me). All the raws available were gigantic and ugly, and while I did have to reencode this time to get it down below 200 megs, I usually prefer not to introduce more ugliness into the video by encoding subtitles in. At this point, with CCCP, nobody should have any trouble with MKVs. I tested my release on two computers with nothing installed but the latest CCCP using default settings and it ran fine. If you have trouble, I suggest going to http://www.cccp-project.net/ (as mentioned earlier in the thread), using Insurgent to delete all your old codecs, and then installing CCCP. This was and XviD encode, so there shouldn't be CPU problems either.

If you still have problems, I've made the script file available. Unless your setup is totally broken, having this in the same directory as the raw posted on Tokyotosho should work.

Script: http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/Kamisama_Kazoku-01%5BKamisabu!%5D.ass.torrent
Raw: http://best.paramnesiac.net/tracker/...4c7b4ddff0161c

Last edited by Chikushou; 2006-05-21 at 11:40.
Chikushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 11:29   Link #57
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikushou
It's not really Studio ADTRW. It's just me. I was bored Friday night so I sat down for a few hours and subbed this. I needed to practice my listening comprehension, and this was a good way to do it. I only have 3 years of college Japanese and 10 years of watching anime as experience, so I apologize if some of the lines were off. I can think of about 10 that I know weren't quite right.

I use MKV for lots of reasons, mostly because it's much easier to deal with. All the raws available were gigantic and ugly, and while I did have to reencode this time to get it down below 200 megs, I usually prefer not to introduce more ugliness into the video by encoding subtitles in. At this point, with CCCP, nobody should have any trouble with MKVs. I tested my release on two computers with nothing installed but the latest CCCP using default settings and it ran fine. If you have trouble, I suggest going to http://www.cccp-project.net/ (as mentioned earlier in the thread), using Insurgent to delete all your old codecs, and then installing CCCP. This was and XviD encode, so there shouldn't be CPU problems either.
First of all, thanks for subbing the first episode ^^ and clearing the things up.For the XVid thing, I will not be the one who wil complain coz it's really time consuimg, I just re-encoded to Xvid by myself and watched it since my computer is quite slow ^^ and I wanted to watch this anime so much.I won't upload to internet any either , just for my viewing pleasure ^^ thanks for your time on the translation.

[update]
.mkv[xvid] container run slow on my computer,so I needed to change the container to .avi [xvid].that's what happened ^^ xvid >> xvid ,that's not a transcoding,it's just a change of the container.thanks for pointing me out ^^

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-05-21 at 12:56. Reason: pls see thefluff's post
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 12:38   Link #58
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
For the XVid thing, I will not be the one who wil complain coz it's really time consuimg, I just re-encoded to Xvid by myself and watched it since my computer is quite slow
What? It already IS XviD, why reencode it?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 13:54   Link #59
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm

On an unrelated note, I don't see why Tenko should be the prime candidate for romance. It seems to me that their relationship is more like twins. Yes, she craves his affection, but more in a family way. I think she would be thoroughly disgusted if he thought of her in an ecchi way. Yes, it is a rule that the first girl we meet should get the boy. But not if she is a sister, and Tenko comes pretty close to that.
Hm..that rule can be broken and has been broken before in past anime show's I've seen ie Kimi ga Nozumu Eien for starters. I don't agree about their relationship being strictly a brother-sister type. I see them more as having a "childhood-friend" type of relationship with Tenko being super overprotective. Though that can be excused because she is his guardian angel and is probably programmed to be that way and the fact that he's gonna be GOD someday. I think they're really are in love with each other but themselves don't realize it yet. This a typical example of a "romantic childhood-friends" type of relationship. I see no reason why they shouldn't get together. They showed some awfully sweet moments of Tenko and Samatarou in ep1.
Old 2006-05-21, 15:56   Link #60
Itlandm
Porcupine

It is a bit confusing. The intro and end sequences certainly make it look like this is a Samatarou - Tenko romance. But in the first episode, she totally acts like a family member, calling the current god "papa" and showing him no more respect than Samatarou does, if even that much. She clearly lives in the house and presumably has done so since birth. So even though they are not genetically brother and sister (as if that matters with gods), they seem to be emotionally. And she certainly seems to treat him more like a brother than anything. If anything, they are already closer than a girlfriend and boyfriend. (What kind of girl will wrap herself in a boy's blanket and not feel embarrassed?) That's why it looks more like a twin bond to me.

I certainly look forward to the next episode. I hope Chikushou keeps subbing it.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen