Old 2013-08-22, 20:08   Link #21
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That looks like the perfect mix of sea/ground/air battle. omg
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 00:13   Link #22
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Paracel Storm is probably going to be my favorite map. B2K maps, especially Wake Island are at the top of my favorite Battlefield maps . My motherboard pretty much died on me...coincidence? I THINK NOT XD! I shall be looking for a whole set of new parts come October

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:14   Link #23
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Origin updated this morning and the thumbnail for Battlefield 4 Beta (it'll only appear if you have BF3 Premium and/or if you have already preordered BF4) indicates it'll be available October 1st (preload slated for September 28), for a duration of three days.
Old 2013-09-10, 22:19   Link #24
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Requirements were released today. The "recommended" hardware is pretty steep
Old 2013-09-11, 05:17   Link #25
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The "recommended" list is probably for people who want to play on 1920x1080 with Ultra settings all the way, HBAO on and antialiasing cranked up till kingdom come. But, yeah, kinda steep (I only have to buy a 660 and buff up my PSU somewhat and I'll be a-okay according to their specs) for what should've been a Frostbite 2.5 game. It seems FB3 is more resource intensive than its predecessor; I imagine it's because of the new tessellating engine and this whole Levolution concept that alters an entire battlefield.
Old 2013-09-11, 05:27   Link #26
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I'm definitely looking forward to how awesome this game will look on my relatively new desktop PC, though I'm a little concerned as to how my PC will hold up. I'm definitely going to need to get a new monitor though.
It's kinda funny how a few of my past upgrades have related to the Battlefield games...

I'm also pleased to hear there is some kind of pilot training a la BF1943. Hope to actually try to fly something for once.
Old 2013-09-12, 19:01   Link #27
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I'm also pleased to hear there is some kind of pilot training a la BF1943. Hope to actually try to fly something for once.
Thank the maker. I can't pilot to save my life, and I don't get a chance to learn in-game because I don't want to screw my team.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 13:15   Link #28
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Why don't you try flying on empty, unranked servers? That shouldn't penalize your team...

In other news...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And...

Old 2013-09-17, 22:39   Link #29
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The "recommended" list is probably for people who want to play on 1920x1080 with Ultra settings all the way, HBAO on and antialiasing cranked up till kingdom come. But, yeah, kinda steep (I only have to buy a 660 and buff up my PSU somewhat and I'll be a-okay according to their specs) for what should've been a Frostbite 2.5 game. It seems FB3 is more resource intensive than its predecessor; I imagine it's because of the new tessellating engine and this whole Levolution concept that alters an entire battlefield.
For Crysis 3, they called it "optimal". That said, I'm not terribly worried about the recommended, since I satisfy them, save the "3 GB of vRAM". I'll probably wait until after the game releases to see if I really want it or not, though
Old 2013-10-01, 09:31   Link #30
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, I've been trying out the BF4 beta, which was unlocked this morning...and boy is it laggy. My GPU (a GTX 550Ti), which runs BF3 a-okay (with a couple settings on Ultra and AA tuned way down), stuttered all game long on BF4b. I know it's a beta and thus it's not 100% optimized (not to mention that EA/DICE has been doing some weird stuff on their servers lately, which reportedly created a slew of slowdown issues), I do have the video settings dialed down and I do have the latest Nvidia drivers, which include optimization for BF4b, but at times it's absolutely unbearable. Maybe I will have to buff up my GPU later this year but with my moving out to a new apartment during the same time period money's going to be tight. DX

Nevertheless got a lil' less than ten knife kills today on Siege of Shanghai, Domination mode.
And hey, on my first game, I even got to see that big-ass skyscraper surrendering itself to the laws of gravity. XD
Old 2013-10-01, 15:19   Link #31
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, I've been trying out the BF4 beta, which was unlocked this morning...and boy is it laggy. My GPU (a GTX 550Ti), which runs BF3 a-okay (with a couple settings on Ultra and AA tuned way down), stuttered all game long on BF4b. I know it's a beta and thus it's not 100% optimized (not to mention that EA/DICE has been doing some weird stuff on their servers lately, which reportedly created a slew of slowdown issues), I do have the video settings dialed down and I do have the latest Nvidia drivers, which include optimization for BF4b, but at times it's absolutely unbearable. Maybe I will have to buff up my GPU later this year but with my moving out to a new apartment during the same time period money's going to be tight. DX

Nevertheless got a lil' less than ten knife kills today on Siege of Shanghai, Domination mode.
And hey, on my first game, I even got to see that big-ass skyscraper surrendering itself to the laws of gravity. XD
It's not running too smooth on my GTX 780 either, and this is with the 331.40 beta driver as well. Then again, I haven't played around with the video settings, which is currently set to Auto.
For the most part though, it is a very pretty game.
Old 2013-10-01, 17:56   Link #32
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Experiencing no lag over here, I guess I am running off of a $2000 rig.

Everything I have experienced so far is so much better. Sniping especially, what a satisfying improvement. I look forward to playing the full game when it releases.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:21   Link #33
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

One of many here that can't even connect to the game. The game crashes either by:
1) Punkbuster crashing
2) BF4 crashing
3) Origin crashing
4) "Kicked by EA"
5) "Something went wrong"

No joke =/

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 22:27   Link #34
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The more this goes on, the more I'm glad I took the money I was going to use to buy BF4 and put it towards getting my teeth fixed. Teeth with no holes is a bit or a better investment than a buggy beta, lol.

Looks like I'll be needing a RAM and GPU upgrade next year though.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 01:47   Link #35
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Experiencing no lag over here, I guess I am running off of a $2000 rig.
What parts do you have in your rig at the moment? I'm under the assumption that the game probably runs better on AMD stuff at the moment.
Perhaps running a massive Firefox session might've also had an impact on my computer's performance...
Old 2013-10-02, 17:30   Link #36
T-6000

I gave the Battlefield 4 Beta a whirl yesterday, and it seems like it needs a good amount of Optimization. Of course, it's a Beta so such issues are expected. I have the Graphics on High with everything else on Medium, and my Gaming PC struggled to keep up. Other than that, it seems quite identical (at least in terms of gameplay) to Battlefield 3. But oh boy, did I suck big at the Beta! Every minute or two I would keep dying, but that's a given since I suck at Multplayer games. Heh, one of many reasons why I have always preferred single player games.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 18:51   Link #37
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Even knowing that the current build lacks all optimization (which will be built in and configured once EA/DICE has compiled beta player feedback and established a baseline idea of what the average player base PC performance is like), I'm quite disappointed by the said beta - it's laggy, it's crashy (especially when quitting during the after-action report) and it takes an eternity to load. And I just can't enjoy myself. Curse you EA/DICE.

On Domination, I've stopped counting the times where I've been killed by an enemy that magically sprung in front of me and most likely managed to have a better framerate than me. Even with the Offensive perk activated, I still feel like I'm wading chin-deep through a pool of KY Jelly while suffering a cerebral hemorrhage. Before anyone asks, yes, I do have the most recent Beta drivers as well as the latest Punkbuster version on top of having as many services/processes killed and video options dialed down (with AA/Post-A turned off, even)...and yet I still feel as if a mere neurasthenic snail could outrun me in this unoptimized game. I know the idea behind the Beta is to help DICE make a better game first and foremost, rather than have the players orgasm weeks before release, but it's hard to remain enthusiastic with such stuttering gameplay.

I've had to fight the urge to ragequit a number of times...and in the meantime renewed my appreciation of the flash hider that prevents a main weapon's muzzle rise: I can't believe just how much the basic AK12 rifle jumped and bucked in full-auto. I must've wasted tons of ammo just trying to control the dratted thing.

I still feel feird, btw, whenever I fire the RPG7. Since when did rocket-propelled grenades have midair guidance and homing abilities? *rolls eyes*

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-02, 19:28   Link #38
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I ordered a digital copy of the game quite some time ago, but I may not actually download it and begin playing for a few weeks after launch to see if bugs get fixed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 06:20   Link #39
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, two or three patches later, EA/DICE has finally made the Obliteration game mode available, though the Commander system is still listed as AWOL. Obliteration is nice, sort of a mixture between Capture the Flag and Rush.

DICE also rolled out some bugfixes and overall code optimization, which means that gameplay is a LOT smoother than before, though not as fast as BF3...
...AND BOY, IS THE GAME STILL CRASH PRONE. *roars in frustration*
During these past two weeks, BF4 has crashed more times on me than BF3 ever did - and that's saying something. Sometimes it occurs in the middle of a round, sometimes when I quit during the after action report. Extremely frustrating.

Another pet peeve I have to share is that, contrarily to what DICE proclaimed, teamplay is not necessarily improved compared to BF3's, but this could be simply blamed on the player base. The respawn system encourages teammates to stick and work together, but I have witnessed significantly smaller use of Battlefield's hallmark teamplay features, such as revive and resupply. The equipment IS unlockable in the Beta (I mainly play as engineer, so I don't use either much nowadays - but otherwise I do try), but it seems no one bothers doing those two critical things. It has been quite a source of disappointment for me, especially on the Domination games, where revives and resupplies are far more likely to be used than on the larger Conquest map, where everyone is naturally compelled to spread out.

And DICE should seriously reconsider the name of this franchise. Rather than "Battlefield", they should rechristen it "BattleROOF". The inclusion of these roof-camps in Siege of Shanghai is IMHO far more frustrating than the interminable bottleneck points in BF3's Metro map.

Anyway, anyone had a lil' fun with the emblem creator? I saw pretty neat stuff out there on the forums.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-10-12 at 15:20.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:11   Link #40
zibi88

well personaly in my case it doesnt crash that oftern... orgin is the biggest issue as it gets disconnected and the game kicks you out.... today I had a new error for the first time... related to Directx error (when I was trying to connect to a server) but you could fix it with looking for a file named dxdiag and chaning there to 64bit... and I never had the error again

they did fix the optimalization a bit with just 2patches... its way more smooth... but I just have enought of that 1map >_> and the roofs filled with campers generally recons.... but at least in 2-3days its beta over and preparations for full version.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote