Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 10:58   Link #341
Captain Wright
Back from Purgatory :3

Send a message via AIM to Captain Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
^I know what you mean, but I think the OVA handles that stuff in a better, more artistic way. I guess you have to watch it to determine.
I agree. The first series was more about storytelling. The ova is more about looking freaking awesome. XD
Captain Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 11:07   Link #342
Captain Wright
Back from Purgatory :3

Send a message via AIM to Captain Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I have a question. I HATED hellsing (the tv series) it was just......crude and like some parts (like the first episode the vampire b/f / g/f and the whole "thing" they did.) I was like...oh comeon. and Seras's boobs would get bigger.....then smaller, the animation sucked....I just didn't like it. I DO however like the manga. and I dont mind violence and stuff thats fine, but some of the sexual stuff in the tv series was just like @_@ and I just didn't enjoy it.

Anyways is the OVA any better? i've heard it's LOADS better, but does it have any of that "sexual" stuff (u know what i mean) like the TV series did. cause I do want to see it...but dunno if it suxorz or not.

thx!
Lol. Well, Seras's boobs are pretty big in the ova. Still, it's not as 'crude' as the original series. There isn't that 'scene' you're talking about, but there is a bit of
Spoiler for A bit of Lol:

Still, after that, the entire thing is pure awesome.
Captain Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 09:26   Link #343
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well I finally got to watch the 5th OVA.

I must say that was quite awesome, I really liked how Penwood's finale played out the guy went out with a boatload more dignity and honor his character is originally portrayed with. The flash back scene with Integra was... touching, it looked like the pair of them had more of a relationship then was let on (non-romantic kind). Speaking of flash backs, I was really interested in the closing credits this time, that looked like more Dawn stuff so I'm really interested and hoping that is animated as well. Who is that old Lord guy again, with the glasses? Is that Irons? It's been month's since I read the manga.

The bloodbath in this episode was, as expected, suitably over the top. Not only that I swear the quality for it was higher then previous episodes. It was insane, it was brutal, it was completely and utterly insensitive and disturbing and not for the faint of heart - nom nom babies. My god it was good! The Iscariot's intervention was pure insanity and zealotry. How Anderson appeared and stood infront of Integra was just awesome, and Yumie and Heinkle are plain nuts. What they were chanting while fighting, that was crazy, disturbing and well done.

The audio during this episode was quite good too, the songs were really really good and fit the scenes well.

My only gripe with the animation though was with Anderson in places. He was... yeah... it looked disjointed beyond whats normal for this series. Oh also, was it my download or was it Integra's coat, she looked like she could almost pack down in the frost row of a rugby team at one point. Quite manly of her.

Well this episode brought more to light with the 'traitor' and left some more questions as to who it is, was a good set-up episode. Pity we will be needing probably 2 or 3 episodes at least until we get to see them properly revealed.

Definitely looking forward to the next one... I'd like it to be Seras fight but that probably won't be for another episode or two?
Old 2009-02-18, 09:41   Link #344
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Definitely looking forward to the next one... I'd like it to be Seras fight but that probably won't be for another episode or two?
I thought it would be in the 5th, but sadly I was proved wrong. I really hope they manage to get it in the next time, because that is my absolute favorite chapter of the manga. It seems likely too, considering the events are coming very close to it.

And I agree about Anderson's animation. It was overdone in some places so to speak.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 10:02   Link #345
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Speaking of flash backs, I was really interested in the closing credits this time, that looked like more Dawn stuff so I'm really interested and hoping that is animated as well. Who is that old Lord guy again, with the glasses? Is that Irons? It's been month's since I read the manga.

Yes that's him.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 12:14   Link #346
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking Rip Van Winkle by ~Nefer Ra

Quote:

MOAR :

Spoiler for Space:

Source : spiegel.org.ua
Old 2009-03-08, 21:23   Link #347
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Very nice, Geta.
Old 2009-03-20, 03:31   Link #348
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Latest news :

A trailer for the 6th oav is out here a link :

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorob...v/taf09pv.html
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 10:01   Link #349
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Latest news :

A trailer for the 6th oav is out here a link :

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorob...v/taf09pv.html
For those having trouble with that link, look here.
Old 2009-03-21, 13:41   Link #350
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Last scene is soo not needed
Poor Seras..
Old 2009-03-21, 14:49   Link #351
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I like when the guy say "Nineteen ninety nine ..." ^^
Yeah with Seras XD
Old 2009-03-21, 17:45   Link #352
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I love this OVA series. One of the best things I've ever laid my damned eyes on.

Drac--- ahem, Alucard is as creepy as hell (and twice as insane), Seras is cowardly and naive (which I find to be kinda cute), and Walter and Integra are just plain badass. Iscariot's Anderson is crazy, too... zealots these days, lol.

I dunno if anyone else feels the same way as I do, but the Sturmbannführer is one of my favorite characters. His purely insane "I love war" speech in episode 4 sent chills down my spine in all of its ferverous glory.

Episode 5 was pretty good, though the... dare I say it? ...Bruce Willis thing was unneeded. But everything else was pretty awesome, DOO DOO BEE DOO! I thought that the Admiral went out in a very admirable way. I love how he said he was just waiting for the Nazis to ask him to stop.

Walter must win! He might be old, but the old dude's got a lot of fight still left in him! And where the hell is Seras? Wasn't she supposed to be with Integra? Where the heck is she?
Old 2009-03-21, 19:33   Link #353
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the Bruce Willis part is in the manga as well. And yes, Nobita-san cranked out the speech beautifully. Heck, I half expect a real Nazi commander to say stuff like that.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-03-22 at 19:22.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:33   Link #354
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You'll see where is Seras in the 6th oav ^^ The Bruce Willis was hilarious though .
Old 2009-03-22, 18:23   Link #355
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Yeah I was also wondering where the hell was Seras?!, I mean she should have been protecting my bad ass GF but she wasn't ... anyhow... that priest is one hell of an insane fighter also that "sista" was crazy sexy cool!

I must say this was a great episode but the fourth OVA where Sturmbannführer gives his EPIC speech was amazing .. I mean.. I've watch this part twice and its dam scary every time... its shocking and insane too... I think I recall a lil part ... "gentlemen I love war...Lets make war so grand as to make hell itself tremble" .....That speech is guaranteed to send shivers down anyone's spine ....

But coming back to this ep ... I loved it! Blood baths everywhere and total madness ... I am definitively looking 4ward to the next OVA... I expect it to be deliciously EVIL! ... the dubbed version should be just as good

Any ideas when it is scheduled to be released?
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 19:23   Link #356
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, if you look back at the Second World War, especially the Eastern Front, the Major's boast did come true.
Old 2009-03-25, 13:49   Link #357
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well I finally got to watch the 5th OVA.

I must say that was quite awesome, I really liked how Penwood's finale played out the guy went out with a boatload more dignity and honor his character is originally portrayed with. The flash back scene with Integra was... touching, it looked like the pair of them had more of a relationship then was let on (non-romantic kind). Speaking of flash backs, I was really interested in the closing credits this time, that looked like more Dawn stuff so I'm really interested and hoping that is animated as well. Who is that old Lord guy again, with the glasses? Is that Irons? It's been month's since I read the manga.

The bloodbath in this episode was, as expected, suitably over the top. Not only that I swear the quality for it was higher then previous episodes. It was insane, it was brutal, it was completely and utterly insensitive and disturbing and not for the faint of heart - nom nom babies. My god it was good! The Iscariot's intervention was pure insanity and zealotry. How Anderson appeared and stood infront of Integra was just awesome, and Yumie and Heinkle are plain nuts. What they were chanting while fighting, that was crazy, disturbing and well done.

The audio during this episode was quite good too, the songs were really really good and fit the scenes well.

My only gripe with the animation though was with Anderson in places. He was... yeah... it looked disjointed beyond whats normal for this series. Oh also, was it my download or was it Integra's coat, she looked like she could almost pack down in the frost row of a rugby team at one point. Quite manly of her.

Well this episode brought more to light with the 'traitor' and left some more questions as to who it is, was a good set-up episode. Pity we will be needing probably 2 or 3 episodes at least until we get to see them properly revealed.

I feel bad for laughing at the "nom nom babies" part of your post. But, oh well.

As for Integra looking a bit "manly", I think it's just the shoulder pads in her suit-coat. I mean, I don't think her animation has really changed.

I wonder what kind of over the top carnage awaits us in the next OVA? Personally, I'm hoping for another insane speech from the Sturmbannfuhrer.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:00   Link #358
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorob...g/VI_info.html

Hellsing VI's release date has been announced!

It will be available in both Blu-ray and DVD formats this time round, in both regular and LE editions. The release date is 24th July 2009.

Blu-ray regular: 7035yen
Blu-ray LE: 8925yen

DVD regular: 5989yen
DVD LE: 7875yen

The LE bonuses this time is an audio drama CD of Cross Fire, and the usual LE bonuses of a 12 page booklet and the Hirano illustrated digipack cover.

It is also announced that a Blu-ray box containing vol1-5 is being planned, and will contain an unprecedented number of retakes (animation touch ups) for an amazing bargain of a price. (I'll believe it when I see it lol!) They also take a dig at their own delays by saying the box is planned to be released "before the end of the year, err make that by Spring next year, erm on second thought it'll definitely be out before the Summer!" lol.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/n...28_163882.html

Watch Impress' article on the same release also states that Vol6 will be 42mins long.

Last edited by duckroll; 2009-04-28 at 08:31.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 08:06   Link #359
patnam

wait so d@mn long for the next episode.. almost a year gap fro previous episode V...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:03   Link #360
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
wait so d@mn long for the next episode.. almost a year gap fro previous episode V...
And for 42 minutes.

It's prob due to the release being in BD and all those retouches they did for vol 1-5.

Tags
action, seinen