AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 13:45   Link #1
Mitheor

Question Blue Dragon anime

About this:

Toriyama said the following regarding Blue Dragon: "The offer to direct an animated version of Blue Dragon came in February of last year. [...] This may be my final anime"

The director of Blue Dragon (anime) is Yukihiro Matsushita right? So, what is this about?
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 23:10   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think the ANN item misunderstood the original Japanese item it linked to. Toriyama did the original character design for the game and the anime, and dropped the bombshell at the Tokyo International Anime Fair over the weekend that it was going to be his last anime. The original Japanese news item was putting questions to director Matsushita, who said among other things that he felt a lot of pressure being the one to direct the last anime Toriyama was going to work on. It was Matsushita, not Toriyama, who made the various comments quoted.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 02:58   Link #3
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Too bad they really went for Toriyama's silly character design, instead of the manga's.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 01:34   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q20uiOIBRhs
There's the new Trailer

But yea, I prefer the manga's art style a lot more, but oh well, can't have it all. I admire the effort their trying to put in the franchise, even if the odds are stacked against them.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-05 at 01:45.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:01   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q20uiOIBRhs
There's the new Trailer

But yea, I prefer the manga's art style a lot more, but oh well, can't have it all. I admire the effort their trying to put in the franchise, even if the odds are stacked against them.
What a flashback to the 80's I just had there. Stellar music too, which we haven't see often in recent anime until very very recently (Like the past month) when the promise of 2007 really kicked off. The revival really does begin right now. I thought it was march, but that was just the appetizer, its really April.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:37   Link #6
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Toriyama's char design is crappy, but most probably the anime itself will be crappy, so that's okay I guess.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 03:01   Link #7
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Toriyama's char design is crappy, but most probably the anime itself will be crappy, so that's okay I guess.
Yeah Toriyama's probably second to Hisashi Hirai in the lacking originality department and the anime will probably be average, but at least the soundtrack might be worth buying. The same was true of Dragon Ball Z where the music arguably ended up being the thing that stood-out most in the anime. Everything else was pretty half-assed in that one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 03:44   Link #8
Lebron
I hear voices

Majority of anime's are average or crap anyway(to me that is), so I could really care less. I'm not really expecting much from this, but still plan on watching it with my little brother. He's a big Dragon Ball Z fan, and loved watching me play the game(Blue Dragon) when I was home for the holidays. I'm looking more forward to the time spent watching it with him, than I am watching the actual show :P

Also, some of the music that was playing during the trailer was the music Nobuo Uematsu composed for the game. That soundtrack is already available.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-05 at 03:55.
Old 2007-04-07, 02:56   Link #9
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
...so yeah, the RAW is out.

The music is horrible. I can not stand it.

As I breeze over it, I swear I'm watching DBZ again. It screams Dragonball. In fact, I'll dub this "Dragonball BD" (For Blue Dragon, of course)

Oh yay. I get to QC this. >__>
Old 2007-04-07, 08:45   Link #10
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 10:23   Link #11
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
and here i went thinking that Blue Dragon would eventually become like another manga i hav been following... with the same title o.o;

i was pretty excited about it.. untill i finally found a topic and saw the screen shots >.> i went WTF! @-@

well mistakes can be made lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 10:33   Link #12
Budweineken
Crap

Hopefully Ral Grado will be animated eventually... I was hoping for it too.
Old 2007-04-07, 20:13   Link #13
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
Hopefully Ral Grado will be animated eventually... I was hoping for it too.
It won't, they're following the game(sort of) not the manga.

Anyway, it was meh like I figured it would be. Wasn't expecting that much from Studio Pierrot to begin with, so no big. Toriyama/DBZ fans will probably get a small kick out of it, since it did feel a lot like DBZ. Probably why my little brother loved it so much.

Oh well, I still love the game. However, the anime is looking like it will indeed be "meh". No idea how many episodes it is, hopefully not too much :P

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-07 at 20:27.
Old 2007-04-07, 20:36   Link #14
prince leon
red knight

I think it will be 51 episodes in total. Not 100% sure about that though.
Old 2007-04-07, 20:50   Link #15
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince leon View Post
I think it will be 51 episodes in total. Not 100% sure about that though.
Yeah, you're right.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7478

Well, that is surprising. I figured it would be no more than 20 max. Then again, I guess I can hold off judgment, it may just in fact get good as it progresses. The game was pretty boring at the beginning, but got good as you progressed. So I guess it's possible the anime will follow suit. Not expecting it to, but it is possible.
Old 2007-04-08, 01:14   Link #16
DangerMouse

I won't be getting the game since it's on a system I don't intend to get (already have a PS3) so I intend to watch this if DATS continues to sub it since the game seemed nice and epic. I really liked how they used the game's actual battle music for the action scene towards the end of the ep. Atleast I think it was the actual battle music as the song is on the game soundtrack.

As for the show itself, other than figuring out the basic jist since I'm an RPG fan and that helps, I'm looking forwards to the subs since I don't know much Japanese to really understand any dialogue. The animation was solid but nothing special and the art design is pure Toriyama and colorful so you either like it or you don't heh.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:10   Link #17
prince leon
red knight

Summary+Screenshots+OP/ED links

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-08, 02:17   Link #18
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I get the feeling that this is going to be dubbed to spanish faster than you can say "Enchiladas"

Dragon Ball Z was quite popular in Latin America, and anything that kinda looks like it will be quite tempting to Tv networks here.
Old 2007-04-08, 04:58   Link #19
zapperx

A question for anyone who's played the game; is this anime a retelling of the game's story, an alternate story or a story that picks up after where the game finished.
zapperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 05:56   Link #20
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

I've yet to play the game, yet the story, even the character settings included, was obviously not the same.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote