Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 09:13   Link #11881
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
Someone has to lead the lead the world after Zero's Requiem and both Kaguya and Tian Zi are those symbols for the future, also if your right than Turn24 should be a massacre
The way things look? Turn 24 WILL be a massacre.
ANd I bet we get one more mindfuck in the episode too. Either by Schneizel or Lelouch.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:41   Link #11882
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
The way things look? Turn 24 WILL be a massacre.
ANd I bet we get one more mindfuck in the episode too. Either by Schneizel or Lelouch.
As long as Lelouch, Suzaku, C.C., Kallen, Jermiah and Sayako are still breathing at the end of the next EP i'll be happy. Then its just a matter of praying for another week that they make it through another EP unscathed.

Not holding much hope like you though.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:49   Link #11883
Lunara
Pure Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Man.. I miss Var!!!

I cant wait to see Lulu's reaction to Kallen in the next episode.. I am sure it will be more than what he did for the kiss.. lol
Well obviously Lulu's first reation to Kallen would be "OH CRAP SHE's ABOUT TO KILL ME!" LOL But then there would be the gum quote that will cause the unknown reaction we've been waiting for.
Lunara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:53   Link #11884
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunara View Post
Well obviously Lulu's first reation to Kallen would be "OH CRAP SHE's ABOUT TO KILL ME!" LOL But then there would be the gum quote that will cause the unknown reaction we've been waiting for.
I still prefer the gumline be said in Turn 25~
And as long as Kalulu becomes sorta canon, I DON'T CARE ABOUT Lelouch's well-being!
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:58   Link #11885
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
And as long as Kalulu becomes sorta canon, I DON'T CARE ABOUT Lelouch's well-being!
So one half of your chosen pairing can die as long as it becomes canon? Why would you want that?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:00   Link #11886
Lunara
Pure Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
So one half of your chosen pairing can die as long as it becomes canon? Why would you want that?
It could one or the other or maybe even both dead!
Lunara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:02   Link #11887
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Woah... Isn't that just pointless?
Talk about Kalulu/ CluClu fanatics.
As long as it's canon, they can die. LOL.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:23   Link #11888
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
while not as extreme
i can sort of relate
right now i dont really care what happens to lelouch either
but im hoping kallen's involvment would change that
Old 2008-09-19, 11:25   Link #11889
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And if, in two days, blade, it doesn't?

Hell, the summary for Turn 25 actually makes mention, subliminally, of Kallen's failure to talk Lelouch out of it- "This is all for Zero Requiem. Farewell, Lelouch, goodbye, Suzaku..."
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:30   Link #11890
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

Hell, the summary for Turn 25 actually makes mention, subliminally, of Kallen's failure to talk Lelouch out of it- "This is all for Zero Requiem. Farewell, Lelouch, goodbye, Suzaku..."
right now i dont care what happens to lelouch becouse i dont care about characters who are willing to discard their loved ones for the sake of abstract concepts like peace or a "better world"
a man who is willing to overlook his own well being and safety for the sake of these things is a hero
a man who is willing to overlook the well being and safety of his loved ones for the sake of such things is an ass
thats just how i see it
and the summery is vague since tecnicly it has already started
we'll have to see
and what i meant was that kallens actions (win or lose) may end up humanizing him again to the point where i start to care again
Old 2008-09-19, 11:44   Link #11891
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

I don't care about Kallen talking Lelouch out of Zero's Requiem. All I want is for her plot line to be resolved and her to discover who the real Lelouch is. Some have said (in the Spoilers thread) that Kallen's relationship this season has been for her own character development and becoming and independent woman; I won't argue that that is one of the results of her plot line, but it's hardly relavent to the overall plot of the show. The director said before her capture in the China arc that Kallen would be 'essential,' but all she's done since then is learn about Lelouch and grow as a person. That's not essential.

The Animedia conversation implies that she speaks to Gino and Anya about Lelouch and Suzaku's promise AND at least Suzaku (possibly also Lelouch) are there, which indicates that she's going to try to get answers in the next episode (probably towards the end since it's the only time I can see Gino and Anya being close enough to Kallen to have a conversation). My guess is that she's about to kill Lelouch, he says/does something that makes her stop and want to know why he doing this, something interrupts them (of course) and Lelouch escapes, she follows and is stopped by Suzaku, and she tries to get answers from him.

(Note: It's been said that Lelouch needs enemies at this point. I won't argue that, but I think for the last episode, he's going to need all the help he can get against the guy with huge bombs. Plus, Kallen is in the most logical position to switch sides to defeat Schneizel sinces she's so close to understanding Lelouch. And I want to see Albion and SEITEN tag team to tear some serious shit apart. (That last one isn't so much an argument as a personal preference.))

Either at the end of ep24 or beginning ep25, it becomes apparent that Schneizel is 'King of the DBs' and Zero's Requiem is made clear. At which point, Kallen understands the real Lelouch and decides to help OR (if the plan involves Lelouch's death) tries to save him (but allows the rest of the plan to happen, since it makes no sense to save one person if the entire world is screwed.)

EDIT: One last thing, some people are saying that Kallen's development has been towards making her an independent woman, allowing her to 'move on.' Thing is, she hasn't moved on. She distinctly said that she couldn't move on until she got an answer to what she meant to Lelouch. Her behavoir in battle largely shows how she wants to go after Lelouch herself. Yes, this is partially due to her becoming more independent and being able to put her beliefs before her feeling. Yes, this is also because she feels a personal responsibility to take Lelouch down because she helped him get so far (and because she loves him). But the fact that she's crying in the preview indicates that she hasn't moved on; she still needs an answer to do that, so I feel she deserves one.

And if some Kalulu follows, I would be happy with that, but it's not necessary.

My two cents on the matter. Can't really say much more since I don't know what the Requiem actually is.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-19, 11:46   Link #11892
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And Albion, being piloted by someone who, with his Geass-steroid, is vastly superior to Kallen, isn't enough to take Damocles down? If Kallen randomly joins up, it'll just be Taniguchi submitting to fan demands.

And Taniguchi could have lied to us about her essentiality. Possible.
Old 2008-09-19, 11:51   Link #11893
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
And Albion, being piloted by someone who, with his Geass-steroid, is vastly superior to Kallen, isn't enough to take Damocles down? If Kallen randomly joins up, it'll just be Taniguchi submitting to fan demands.

I'm suspecting that Nina's countermeasure either renders the FLEIA nukes on board useless or causes them to ignite.

I mean really it shouldn't be that hard to destroy an aerial fortress. Just take out its engines and it's bye bye. Heck send a sutherland in there and self destruct the engine rooms.

Quote:
The Animedia conversation implies that she speaks to Gino and Anya about Lelouch and Suzaku's promise AND at least Suzaku (possibly also Lelouch) are there, which indicates that she's going to try to get answers in the next episode (probably towards the end since it's the only time I can see Gino and Anya being close enough to Kallen to have a conversation). My guess is that she's about to kill Lelouch, he says/does something that makes her stop and want to know why he doing this, something interrupts them (of course) and Lelouch escapes, she follows and is stopped by Suzaku, and she tries to get answers from him.
Assuming those two are still alive I'm not even sure.

Granted I'll admit though that Kallen does deserve to learn what the two are up to. Maybe even Suzaku will tell her when they are fighting each other.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:53   Link #11894
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

I think it's fairly obvious that one person, no matter how strong could take Damocles down, otherwise Lelouch would have just had Suzaku do that. He's going to need help. Schneizel is one tricky bastard. And I would hardly call Suzaku VASTLY superior. In all their fights, they've always been nearly even.
Old 2008-09-19, 11:54   Link #11895
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Er...Live Geass. Then, it was even. Now, if Lelouch orders him to live, Kallen's outmatched.
Old 2008-09-19, 11:58   Link #11896
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I think it's fairly obvious that one person, no matter how strong could take Damocles down, otherwise Lelouch would have just had Suzaku do that. He's going to need help. Schneizel is one tricky bastard. And I would hardly call Suzaku VASTLY superior. In all their fights, they've always been nearly even.
The only trick he's got is his nukes and that's what's probably what's keeping his main units away.

This is where Nina comes in. She needs to disable those nukes before Lelouch can make his move.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:01   Link #11897
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
One last thing, some people are saying that Kallen's development has been towards making her an independent woman, allowing her to 'move on.' Thing is, she hasn't moved on. She distinctly said that she couldn't move on until she got an answer to what she meant to Lelouch. Her behavoir in battle largely shows how she wants to go after Lelouch herself. Yes, this is partially due to her becoming more independent and being able to put her beliefs before her feeling. Yes, this is also because she feels a personal responsibility to take Lelouch down because she helped him get so far (and because she loves him). But the fact that she's crying in the preview indicates that she hasn't moved on; she still needs an answer to do that, so I feel she deserves one.
Anyone who says this does not understand redundancy. She was an independent woman at the start of Season 1, fighting for Japan. If the entire purpose of her plot was for her to move on, then there was no reason for her developments towards and/or about Lelouch. It would be nothing short of a convoluted circle with no meaning if that were the reason. The first Picture Drama for Season 2 also makes it quite clear that she is not bound to Lelouch; she was ready to kill him if what he said at the end of Season 1 were true. Season 2 Episode 2 furthers this. Put simply, if the entire purpose of her plot development was for her to simply move on then either it should never have happened, or that they spent around eight episodes focusing on some arbitrary 'who is the real Lelouch' jargon that would have no impact on the plot of moving on.

To further my point twice over, Season 2 Episode 7 was an opportune moment for them to conclude this plot line and make Kallen independent of Lelouch, but they show her focusing on the Zero mask. Season 2 Episode 19 is again another moment but then they have Lelouch utter his last words. Other than delaying for time, if the above reason were true, they'd be superfluous with no meaning other than to simply taunt fans. Which would, more or less, amount to even more wasted time that could have gone to developing someone like, say, Marianne. Perhaps even given her a dimensional character instead of a paper cut out.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:02   Link #11898
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Er...Live Geass. Then, it was even. Now, if Lelouch orders him to live, Kallen's outmatched.
hmm depends
if his opponent power lvl is too high the geass would make suzaku run for his life lol
like when he is on the island in first season .he ignore his superior orders and ran away
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:04   Link #11899
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Anyone who says this does not understand redundancy. She was an independent woman at the start of Season 1, fighting for Japan. If the entire purpose of her plot was for her to move on, then there was no reason for her developments towards and/or about Lelouch. It would be nothing short of a convoluted circle with no meaning if that were the reason. The first Picture Drama for Season 2 also makes it quite clear that she is not bound to Lelouch; she was ready to kill him if what he said at the end of Season 1 were true. Season 2 Episode 2 furthers this. Put simply, if the entire purpose of her plot development was for her to simply move on then either it should never have happened, or that they spent around eight episodes focusing on some arbitrary 'who is the real Lelouch' jargon that would have no impact on the plot of moving on.

To further my point twice over, Season 2 Episode 7 was an opportune moment for them to conclude this plot line and make Kallen independent of Lelouch, but they show her focusing on the Zero mask. Season 2 Episode 19 is again another moment but then they have Lelouch utter his last words. Other than delaying for time, if the above reason were true, they'd be superfluous with no meaning other than to simply taunt fans. Which would, more or less, amount to even more wasted time that could have gone to developing someone like, say, Marianne. Perhaps even given her a dimensional character instead of a paper cut out.

Or as I stated in the Spoilers thread, the episode 7 where Kallen gets captured could've developed more on her story by bringing in her dad and thus we could've learned how Naoto got killed but again they focused on her learning more about lelouch
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:04   Link #11900
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Except there wasn't nearly enough time to develop Marianne properly anyway.