Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 10:33   Link #701
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Epi 1 and 2 were a great start and 3 and 4 were so touching. Really happy for Erio moving on. I wonder what happened to her to make her lose her memories... It must have been a really awful experience.
Just saying but, how would react the audience if the amnesia has to do something related to abduction or even r*pe?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 15:00   Link #702
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^ unlikely, considering the whole atmosphere of the show; but would be really interesting to go down that path
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 15:47   Link #703
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-05-08, 16:50   Link #704
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

So bad... but so good... but so terrible at the same time... and I can't stop watching.
Erio's hair appears to be alive and sparkly. No complaints from me!
I admit, when Makoto opened the fridge... I was actually expecting Erio in there. Oh well, Meme works too.
Interesting of Shaft to try a half-serious, half-FLCL hybrid. I didn't think randomness and contemplative could be balanced equally in the same anime, but Denpa Onna is doing okay so far. Makoto's inner philosophical musings contrast well with all the crazy people around him. Although I sometimes get lost in what he's saying.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 16:52   Link #705
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's a very weird thing to say considering the setting of this series is literally down to Earth and has nothing (too) abnormal happening, it doesn't allow for Makoto to be a action hero so why are you comparing him to shounen action heroes that would definitely have to say such lines?
No, I mean like the male lead could say that "since I break you illusion, I will responsible for healing your wound" type of stuff. I would prefer the way he answers like "I cant help you get back memories and stuff, you should deal with your problems yourself"
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 19:11   Link #706
HandofFate

Just watched episode 1 to 4.

Really didn't like the main blue haired girl, but her backstory is getting more interesting.

Favorite is Ryuushi though.
She's adorable. So many characters seem to avoid acting girly. But Ryuushi has girlish qualities while it doesn't seem forced and makes her a likable character.
Old 2011-05-08, 20:31   Link #707
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oogame Asuka, who plays Erio, is not only very short (142cm/4ft 8in), but a little dynamo. This video of her using a hula hoop demonstrates her breathless forced manner and all-conquering smile:
Spoiler for Oogame Asuka video:
I am totally in love with her OP for this show. Music with pace, rhythm and punch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 23:02   Link #708
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
No, I mean like the male lead could say that "since I break you illusion, I will responsible for healing your wound" type of stuff. I would prefer the way he answers like "I cant help you get back memories and stuff, you should deal with your problems yourself"
At the same time he also said like "if you need any help or feel alone or want someone to talk to, I'm here for you." so your point in kinda moot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I am totally in love with her OP for this show. Music with pace, rhythm and punch.
A comrade !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 06:14   Link #709
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Crazy imagery aside... Well... I-It's not like I hate Denpa OP alright. On the contrary, I don't hate it. B-but it's not like I like it either alright, I-I just don't hate it.
Old 2011-05-09, 07:07   Link #710
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just saying but, how would react the audience if the amnesia has to do something related to abduction or even r*pe?
I've been thinking about this since ep. 1; I mean if there's no sci-fi/supernatural explanation for her disappearance and memory-loss, what could be the cause of it?
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 09:13   Link #711
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
I've been thinking about this since ep. 1; I mean if there's no sci-fi/supernatural explanation for her disappearance and memory-loss, what could be the cause of it?
Seeing her mother having sex with some guy, running away, blah blah

Or witnessing her father's death in a morbid accident, and being institutionalized, blah blah

Want more
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 09:29   Link #712
winkel

My list of possibilities:

Spoiler:
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 09:31   Link #713
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't think that the show is that stupid to introduce rape as a reason. Bad for sales.

The underlying reason would only serve to
a. Increase her moe points.
b. Increase her attractiveness to MC and viewer when she overcomes it.
c. Make the MC help her to overcome it in another cinematic manner like the "I Can Fly" scene.
Old 2011-05-09, 10:12   Link #714
Gohan78
Awakened One

I just can't stand Ryuuko. She is too childish, almost retarded. The scenes with her are the most boring ones for me.
At least Maekawa livens up the mood with her witty humour. Too bad she has to wear those ugly costumes for no other reason than having a quirky hobby.
I can see that this author is a fan of Nisio Isin. Crazy girls, quotes from famous anime, non-sequitur dialogues and a main character who plays foil to the girls' antics. All elements that could be taken straight out of Bakemonogatari.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 11:03   Link #715
klare

agree they are all not normal, the girls (and auntie)

but it is quite fun to watch, i think they use a lot of energy to draw and animate Erio... other girls look plain compared to her
Old 2011-05-09, 11:48   Link #716
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I just can't stand Ryuuko. She is too childish, almost retarded. The scenes with her are the most boring ones for me. At least Maekawa livens up the mood with her witty humour. Too bad she has to wear those ugly costumes for no other reason than having a quirky hobby. I can see that this author is a fan of Nisio Isin. Crazy girls, quotes from famous anime, non-sequitur dialogues and a main character who plays foil to the girls' antics. All elements that could be taken straight out of Bakemonogatari.
Hahaha. Any resemblance to Nisio Isin is a good thing, for me. And for me, Ryuuko is second only to Erio. Erio>>>Ryuuko>Maekawa>Meme. Meme may be the best milf ever, but she still comes fourth for me. All four are in the 99th percentile, however, lol. Then again, I'm not looking for a real-life partner, but for anime entertainment with a bit of enlightenment of the side.

For the three or four of us who like the OP, I have dug up some info on the musicians who made it. They are basically a fairly wild group called Shinsei Kamatte-chan (神聖かまってちゃん). Lots of punk influence, for sure. I'm not certain how to translate their name. Maybe: "Holy Give-a-damn-chan"? Perhaps someone here actually knows.

They are Noko (leader, composer, lead guitarist, face of the group), Mono (keyboards), Chibagin (bass), and the one girl in the group, Misako (drums). The three guys were in the same kindergarten. They come from Chiba.

They started releasing music on Nico Nico Douga, YouTube and the music site mF247 and got a recording contract last year. (Links to their music on each of those sites.)

There are scads of their videos on YouTube: some of concerts, some PVs, a guerrilla live including dealing with the police, a number of informal conversation videos (including this one of Misako).

Here are their home page, Japanese Wikipedia page, and English Wikipedia page. And here is a video:
Spoiler for live version of "Rock and Roll Will Never End":
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 13:12   Link #717
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The OP is nice, but it's the ED that does it for me. A unique style that suits this quirky material perfectly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 15:48   Link #718
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Here are their home page, Japanese Wikipedia page, and English Wikipedia page. And here is a video:
Spoiler for live version of "Rock and Roll Will Never End":
Thanks for digging up infos about the band who made the OP. I'm one of those who love the OP, and I'm proud to have been the first person here (I think) to state he likes it. This video confirms what I thought: Erio's voice is what makes the OP song so mesmerizing. I actually like the music of the song you posted, but god, that guy's singing is horrible.

By the way, my ranking of the girls is exactly the same as yours. Erio is my favorite by far, but the others are also insanely moe. I wonder where Astronaut girl will rank...
Old 2011-05-09, 16:41   Link #719
dark998

About time they finally explained the Seishun points. But seriously, -1 for getting Erio's panties? What are you thinking, Makoto?

Erio's attitude seems more relaxed and lovely now.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 16:58   Link #720
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
About time they finally explained the Seishun points. But seriously, -1 for getting Erio's panties? What are you thinking, Makoto?
well, he said "+..." at first. So, it's pretty clear he/his inner-self recognizes the value of the whole deal. (and a big one at that)

by correcting hisself, he probably just wanted to stay more on the "politically correct" side of things.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life