AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 3.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.21%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 69 15.23%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-16, 21:18   Link #141
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I loved the show. It was pretty awsome, but I agree, pretty much every character, even the ones I liked, I think were dumb as hell. And I especially hated Makoto, and not just for the cheating, though, I thought he was dumb for doing that too, and it being so obvious, but just that he was really stupid when it came to being in relationship and did things that should be given knowledge not to do at certain times. I loved the anime, it's one of my favorites, but I think watching the last half of the series non-stop was almost too much to handle because the characters were so dumb. But I still loved it, especially the end, of coarse
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 18:43   Link #142
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
What was the moral of the story?

Last edited by Kakashi; 2009-06-30 at 03:57.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 22:26   Link #143
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-genius View Post
What was the moral of the story?
Don't eff around with people's emotions, take responsibility for your actions, keep your promises, the grass is not always greener on the other side... shall I go on?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 05:20   Link #144
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Don't eff around with people's emotions, take responsibility for your actions, keep your promises, the grass is not always greener on the other side... shall I go on?
There's realistic, then there's pushing it, but realism just fell down the drain after a while in this one.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2009-06-30 at 03:58.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 05:27   Link #145
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-genius View Post
There's realistic, then there's pushing it, but realism just fell down the drain after a while in this one.
... I'm not sure where you went to school, but where I was, guys pulled this kind of crap all the time. They were usually slick enough to avoid ending up like Makoto, though.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:41   Link #146
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I gave the show a 10 becuase of the train wreck. Without the ending I would've given it a 5. I didn't like any particular character in this series, but all the drama more than made up for that.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:52   Link #147
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
I gave the show a 10 becuase of the train wreck. Without the ending I would've given it a 5. I didn't like any particular character in this series, but all the drama more than made up for that.
Yeah, I think the end definetely did it for me. Without the ending, I don't think it wouldn't have been as good.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 18:53   Link #148
Pinion

5/10

Spoiler for My thoughts + ending spoilers:
Pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:22   Link #149
Monster in a box

I'd give the show a 9.5, rounded to a 10. Even though it was far from perfect.

It kept me hooked, I watched the whole thing in 3 days (which is very very quickly by my standards), and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a good week afterward. (I think I'm finally over that...)

I really feel like the show gets a lot more crap than it deserves just because of how unlikable the characters are. It's not a feel-good series. I don't know what people don't get about that.

And other people complain about it being unrealistic, which I also don't think is all that true. The ending was pretty out there, granted (but hardly anyone complains about the ending), but in my experience a LOT of high school kids are just as sleazy as the ones in School Days. Maybe I just live in a bad neighborhood, but that's certainly the impression high school left me with.

At the very least, probability aside, nothing that happened in the show couldn't have happened in real life. Well, aside from some of the comic relief stuff...
Monster in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 19:37   Link #150
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
I watched this last night, and the whole thing was fucked up(there is no other way to say it tbh).

Best train wreck ever, cell phones are weapons of mass destruction, and on a more serious note this would really tell people not to screw around with people's emotions because although this is the worst case scenario it is NOT cool to see anything close to this in real life. Weird way to send a message.

The real victim was the baby that never was, what did that being ever do?

Last edited by Thentus; 2008-02-28 at 21:34.
Thentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 20:35   Link #151
FatalMemory

If I watch an anime that spends 5 out of 12 episodes setting up a couple, I don't wanna see the lead rather suddenly guy change his mind and follow the junk in his pants.

I mean, being promiscuous and having one night stands is fine, but doing it with any girl who looks cute at the time, while hardly regarding any of the others feelings is just ridiculous.

I finished watching this just because I don't like to leave things unfinished, Makoto managed to increasingly piss me off each episode, glad he got what he deserved.
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 22:08   Link #152
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalMemory View Post
I don't wanna see the lead rather suddenly guy change his mind
"Suddenly"? He'd been wafting back and forth the whole series, and in the end he didn't even make the decision for himself - he let Kotonoha make it.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:55   Link #153
FatalMemory

Quote:
"Suddenly"? He'd been wafting back and forth the whole series, and in the end he didn't even make the decision for himself - he let Kotonoha make it.
I did say rather.
Fine, 3 and a half episodes.
Anyway, this series was nothing but annoying, you couldn't feel anything for the characters except a little for Kotonoha, because they were all so damn wrong.

Makoto starts off at being a hopeless romantic pursuing a girl he likes, and ends up cheating, lying scum, after giving in to the feelings in his pants. Inconsiderate of any of the girls feelings apart from when he realizes he can't get anything from any of the girls, so he ends up with Kotonoha.
If he would of broke up with Kotonoha earlier, it would've have made him look at least as smart as a chimpanzee.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora packed twice as much emotion in half as many episodes.
Old 2008-03-04, 06:54   Link #154
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I liked it because it showed how downright ugly romance can get and just how stupid people are can be. The essence of what was portrayed in School Days happens every day in varying degrees of severity. Its unapologetic portrayal of the darker side of love and the courage to actually follow through on the conclusion it had been building up to won many points for me.
You complained about it being annoying, but I can't help but feel like the director wanted to convey that feeling towards Makoto and most of the girls he screwed around with. If you're trying to portray playing musical girlfriends and blatantly shirking responsibility as anything else, then I have a problem.
It all starts out innocently enough, with Sekai trying to worm her way between Makoto and Kotonoha - something that would get half the fans cheering and half the fans booing in any other series - but quickly spirals out of control into the brutal tragedy that became so infamous this last year or so. In a way, it feels a bit like a Shakespearean tragedy.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:10   Link #155
FatalMemory

Quote:
You complained about it being annoying, but I can't help but feel like the director wanted to convey that feeling towards Makoto and most of the girls he screwed around with. If you're trying to portray playing musical girlfriends and blatantly shirking responsibility as anything else, then I have a problem.
But as if not break up with someone you have no feelings for, and who seems like you won't be sexing anyway, would've made crap much simpler on himself and on future relations.

That's the most unrealistic part.
Besides, I was kind of hoping that Setsuna was confirming feelings and whatnot because she was interested in Sekai, but what can you do.

To each his own, I suppose.
Old 2008-03-04, 18:22   Link #156
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It seems like English isn't your first language, and I didn't quite get what you meant by that first sentence. Would you mind restating it?

I think Setsuna was doing that, but she realized too late just what kind of person Makoto was.
Old 2008-03-04, 23:29   Link #157
FatalMemory

Lack of sleep is my first language.
English is my second.

Anyway, I meant, how unlikely is it that a person wouldn't break up with someone they have no feelings for, just seems ridiculous.

Especially when being constantly guilt-tripped by that persons presence.
Old 2008-03-05, 01:51   Link #158
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I don't think it was so much that he didn't have feelings for both Sekai and Kotonoha, but rather that he had feelings for everyone and lacked a mental filter to distinguish between love and lust.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:40   Link #159
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
I don't think it was so much that he didn't have feelings for both Sekai and Kotonoha, but rather that he had feelings for everyone and lacked a mental filter to distinguish between love and lust.
I was, more or less, under the impression that he 'loved' whomever panties he could get down first.

He 'loved' Sekai when Kotonoha wasn't giving it up. he 'loved' Kotonoha when no one was willing to give it up to him. He didn't want to deal with the hassle of Kotonoha's shyness in the beginning and he, DEFINITELY, didn't even want to deal with the hassle of being tied down to Sekai with the possibility of her bearing a child.

All in all Makoto was a selfish jerk who didn't want to deal with responsibility.

Oh, and I loved School Days. The last episode made the show that much more worth it
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 12:34   Link #160
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalMemory View Post
Anyway, I meant, how unlikely is it that a person wouldn't break up with someone they have no feelings for, just seems ridiculous.

Especially when being constantly guilt-tripped by that persons presence.
I've seen it happen in real life, in my first year of high school. He eventually screwed up the courage and broke up with her first term of second year (after going out with another girl for a few weeks), but they ended up good friends by final year.