Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
May I hug? xD
Hug away, sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Yeah considering the poll was made in the aftermath of her death, nice to know that at least she's remember fondly by the fanbase at that time (trolling aside of course).
Hmm, that's considering a good part of the US fanbase watched the sub. But yeah, I do remember Shirley's popularity went way up after her death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I think Kallen, knowing his reasons for rebelling against Britannia that were not too far removed from her own, saw him as a kindred spirit and resolved to help him by seeing to their mutual goal of changing the world through conquering the Britannian order.
Yes, that too. Point is, she had no desire to change him. Which goes back to my theory of how Lelouch and Kallen, the black-winged ones, complement eachother. While Shirley, the angelic and pure one, wished to help and complete him.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 14:47   Link #242
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Milly does have an outgoing personality that would compliment with Lelouch's own.
She's not that kind of important to him, get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anywho, I don't usually like to speculate on "could haves" but I don't think it's impossible that Shirley could have changed Lelouch. Kallen didn't really have a desire to change Lelouch since she was his loyal follower and looked to him for guidance. Milly, as it's been said, wasn't part of the equation. But if we go by what Sol said, Shirley definitely had a desire to help Lelouch. I think she was actually on a quite a role in Turn 13 until you-know-what happened.
Her help wouldn't be enough. Lelouch couldn't just lift her from school without raising suspicion, so she'd still be removed from him, and where it mattered he couldn't turn to anyone.
Old 2009-05-20, 14:50   Link #243
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Milly does have an outgoing personality that would compliment with Lelouch's own.
From the whole student council {Milly, Rivalz, Nina}, Shirley was the most important for Lelouch, and that is not even up for arguing.
And darth, honest, lol, bringing up Milly again in the Shirley-section? Really? 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 14:50   Link #244
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She's not that kind of important to him, get over it.

Her help wouldn't be enough. Lelouch couldn't just lift her from school without raising suspicion, so she'd still be removed from him, and where it mattered he couldn't turn to anyone.
She really wouldn't have to go anywhere, thouogh. She'd still be able to communicate with him after she chose to help him and change him, and furthermore, Lelouch wouldn't have completely abandoned Ashford had she survived.
Old 2009-05-20, 14:51   Link #245
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Well, we don't know how/if it would've gone down. All it takes is one motivational speech (according to Anime Rules 101) And then who knows what role she could've played after that. No one ever said Lelouch would have to "lift her from school"
Old 2009-05-20, 14:54   Link #246
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She really wouldn't have to go anywhere, thouogh. She'd still be able to communicate with him after she chose to help him and change him, and furthermore, Lelouch wouldn't have completely abandoned Ashford had she survived.
Ah yes, the domino effect of her death. He probably wouldn't have to have put up with a lot of crap if not for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, we don't know how/if it would've gone down. All it takes in one motivational speech (according to Anime Rules 101) And then who knows what role she could've played after that. No one ever said Lelouch would have to "lift her from school"
Fair enough. Phone conversations would probably be enough.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:07   Link #247
darthfury78

And I still feel that Shirley x Lelouch was a bad omen prior to her death. She wasn't the only Ashford girl that Lelouch was attracted to. Milly was the only other favorite. Regardless if Shirley had survived or not. Had Lelouch returned to Ashford Academy, he would have had to deal with Milly anyway. So, I will not get over that.

Everything was too concentrated on a girl who the staff didn't develop in a manner that would have convinced me to believe that Shirley would had been Lelouch's soulmate. The same could be applied to Milly and Kallen, since the staff never even bothered to develop a Lelouch x Milly or Lelouch x Kallen relationship.

To be fair, neither Kallen, Milly, or Shirley ever had the chance to develop a strong cohesive relationship with Lelouch that would have made me believe that they could become a couple outside the battlefield. Everything was rushed, as far as plot development goes, and not enough character development. Thus everything is all speculation, mine included.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 15:14   Link #248
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
And I still feel that Shirley x Lelouch was a bad omen prior to her death. She wasn't the only Ashford girl that Lelouch was attracted to. Milly was the only other favorite. Regardless if Shirley had survived or not. Had Lelouch returned to Ashford Academy, he would have had to deal with Milly anyway. So, I will not get over that.
Yeah, he was also attracted to Kallen. Milly isn't part of the equation, so stop trying to inflate her importance.

Quote:
Everything was too concentrated on a girl who the staff didn't develop in a manner that would have convinced me to believe that Shirley would had been Lelouch's soulmate. The same could be applied to Milly and Kallen, since the staff never even bothered to develop a Lelouch x Milly or Lelouch x Kallen relationship.
The bold part is the only thing you got right.

Quote:
To be fair, neither Kallen, Milly, or Shirley ever had the chance to develop a strong cohesive relationship with Lelouch that would have made me believe that they could become a couple outside the battlefield. Everything was rushed, as far as plot development goes, and not enough character development. Thus everything is all speculation, mine included.
Yours is just plain false, Shirley and Kallen got development. You're just trying to water it down as rushed so Milly doesn't look like a complete fantasy.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:16   Link #249
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
You mean despite the fact that she had graduated and was a weather girl? And dude, c'mon it's debatable that Lelouch was even attracted to Shirley (or any girl for that matter) Milly? I don't think so.

Quote:

Uh, the staff did develop Lelouch x Shirley and Lelouch x Kallen relationships. Maybe it wasn't dominant or the highlight of the show, but that's not what Code Geass is about, and considering that I'd say their development was more than adequate.

Oh, and also not supposed to be totally convinced that Shirley or Kallen were Lelouch's soulmates. They left it purposefully ambiguous since a lot of it was very one-sided on the girls' sides. But Shirley and Kallen, compared to Milly, at least got some decent development.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:20   Link #250
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Shirley got an "i don't know anymore" in question if he did like her. Milly got nothing. That is not on the same pedestal, stop making it "seem" like it is, when canon facts from the show prove you otherwise.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:23   Link #251
darthfury78

You guys take things WAY too seriously.

Ashford Academy was an important part of Lelouch's life because of Milly Ashford. I don't think that Kallen or Shirley would have done that for him if the circumstances were different.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:25   Link #252
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Ashford Academy was an important part of Lelouch's life because of Milly Ashford. I don't think that Kallen or Shirley would have done that for him if the circumstances were different.
No, you make MILLY SEEM SO IMPORTANT, when that is not the case.

And again, what? Ashford what? Just because it was pretty much Milly's property, does Lelouch have to like her? Obligation? lol, what?
Old 2009-05-20, 15:26   Link #253
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

Says the man who denies the very word of the creators so he can feel content in his opinion that Milly is the secret love interest of Lelouch. We take this show for what it is, you take it for what you want it to be and ignore the facts. Ashford was important because his friends were there. All of them, not just Milly.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:28   Link #254
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Flashnews, Milly was not the ONLY friend Lelouch did have, there were other people, that probably seem BLURRY shapes to you, right?

Also, Kallen and Shirley, on an AU universe being Milly-Ashford-property what? You are making a total AU point, just to put your own personal input, that Milly was the only one that would help Lelouch, while the other girls would...asgfdhdksjghdf, ok honest, this does not make sense. Honest.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:28   Link #255
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Done what? Take him in and give him a place in the school? You don't know that. Shirley is a very kind soul and I'm sure she'd be very willing. And what do you mean by different circumstances?

EDIT: Yeah, plus what incorrupts and morbos said.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:36   Link #256
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

And Shirley rox! Let's get back on track and stop the cross. Darth, Milly gived it up for Shirley in the hat episode. Case closed.

Azul, i suppose you're right, i never saw those imagens in this way(you can say i'm very dense), but it makes an awful sense, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 15:38   Link #257
darthfury78

There was a time when people used to talk about Milly as much as Kallen and Shirley. Now all there is are just the Shirley x Kallen fans who want to discard Milly x Lelouch.

I certainly would love to see a redo of Code Geass R2 that would return to its season one roots.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:39   Link #258
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
And Shirley rox! Let's get back on track and stop the cross. Darth, Milly gived it up for Shirley in the hat episode. Case closed.
Newsflash: Shirley was dead. And we never really knew if Lelouch had any romantic feelings for her.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:39   Link #259
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
is it possible to actually discredit something that doesnt exist
Old 2009-05-20, 15:40   Link #260
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
There was a time when people used to talk about Milly as much as Kallen and Shirley. Now all there is are just the Shirley x Kallen fans who want to discard Milly x Lelouch.

I certainly would love to see a redo of Code Geass R2 that would return to its season one roots.
That's nice; but that's not the point of this thread. So, get back on topic or I'll start reporting your posts for being off-topic.