AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 12:07   Link #121
ellifeedn
Thinker

The translation for some parts (like 4) need touching up.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 12:46   Link #122
marvelB

^True, but they ARE currently being retranslated (just at a slower pace than the newer stuff, is all). Either way, we're still nearly caught up with Japan, Duwang or not....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 15:26   Link #123
ellifeedn
Thinker

And what about the extra materials with Rohan and that guy with the Purple Haze stand?
Old 2012-06-15, 11:00   Link #124
marvelB

^To my knowledge, most (if not all) of the Rohan side-stories were translated already, as well as the rest of Araki's non-Jojo projects (like Cool Shot BT, Gorgeous Irene, Baoh, etc.). As far as the Fugo stories go, while I know Araki did the art for them, he didn't actually do the story. But hey, a translation for that started a little while back, as well. Mind you, that hasn't actually been updated since March, but it's still something, right?
Old 2012-06-15, 12:20   Link #125
ellifeedn
Thinker

Does the Fugo story have a name? What about that Rohan story in the woman magazine? Are Araki's non-Jojo projects any good?
Old 2012-06-15, 12:29   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Lives of Eccentrics was good, particularly the Tessla's chapter.

I'm unfamiliar with his pre-Jojo works. Maybe I'll get around to reading them someday.
Old 2012-06-15, 13:20   Link #127
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Does the Fugo story have a name?

The cover clearly shows "Purple Haze Feedback" on that link I posted....

Quote:
What about that Rohan story in the woman magazine?
Translated. Can't give you a direct link, but a certain Jojo forum should help you here. Just search for "Rohan Kishibe goes to Gucci".

And related to that: http://blog.yahoo.com/jo_jo_fans/articles/74522

Quote:
Are Araki's non-Jojo projects any good?

I suppose this one is really a matter of personal taste, so I don't think I'll be of much help here (though I assure you that even Araki's pre-Jojo stuff is still as unusual as ever). But if I had to make a personal suggestion, I would say it would be worth checking out "Under Execution Under Jailbreak", which has a collection of bizarre short stories from Araki (one of them starring Rohan, so it does have a connection to Jojo there). It's especially awesome for Dead Man's Questions, which I believe I mentioned earlier this thread.....
Old 2012-06-15, 15:01   Link #128
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The cover clearly shows "Purple Haze Feedback" on that link I posted....
I thought that was the name of the website. In any case, I'm looking forward to reading this manga.

Quote:
I suppose this one is really a matter of personal taste, so I don't think I'll be of much help here (though I assure you that even Araki's pre-Jojo stuff is still as unusual as ever). But if I had to make a personal suggestion, I would say it would be worth checking out "Under Execution Under Jailbreak", which has a collection of bizarre short stories from Araki (one of them starring Rohan, so it does have a connection to Jojo there). It's especially awesome for Dead Man's Questions, which I believe I mentioned earlier this thread.....
I read those stories some time ago and I thought they were alright. I just read the new Rohan story before making this post and it was okay, too much modeling for my taste I'm afraid.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:25   Link #129
marvelB

Quote:
I thought that was the name of the website. In any case, I'm looking forward to reading this manga.

Actually, the Fugo story isn't really so much a manga as it is a light novel (though again, Araki DID provide the illustrations). Just want to let you know that in advance.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:23   Link #130
ellifeedn
Thinker

Now that I have done some research I know that there are at least 4 light novels, 2 of which focus on Fugo.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:16   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jojolion 12 is out. There it is, we're caught up now *single tear of joy*

The chapter was classic Jojo. The enemy introduced seems pretty interesting. Hard to tell if it's a human or a stand (I'm thinking an automatic stand might have been triggered when Josuke left the house).

In other news, Jojo is getting a PS fighting game and an anime for this October!!
Old 2012-07-05, 10:39   Link #132
marvelB

I practically creamed myself when I saw the trailer for that fighting game. In fact, I'm gonna make a thread for it right after this post!

Also, glad to see that we're fully caught up with Jojolion now. And not a moment too soon, as the next chapter comes out later this month!

Edit: Actually, about the Jojolion chapter:

Spoiler for chapter 12:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-07-05 at 14:25.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:52   Link #133
GreatTeacherKen

To paraphrase Professor Oak, I came when I heard about the new Jojo game and anime.

Any word on what the upcoming anime TV series is going to adapt? Are they going to adapt a specific arc of the manga, or are they going to shoot for the entire series?
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:16   Link #134
marvelB

^From what I gathered, the anime is apparently going to cover ALL of the Jojo sagas. At least, that's what this trailer seems to indicate:

I gotta admit, it would be pretty cool to see young Joseph animated.....
Old 2012-07-20, 10:35   Link #135
marvelB

Hey guys, how's it goin'? The next Jojolion's spoilers are finally out, but before that, here's a little art from the upcoming anime showing Phantom Blood. And now, without further ado.....

Spoiler for Jojolion 13:
Old 2012-08-06, 09:42   Link #136
marvelB

Hey guys, it's been a while! Just wanted to let you know that Jojolion 13 has been translated:

Spoiler for Jojolion 13:
Old 2012-08-06, 12:46   Link #137
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for chapter 13:
Old 2012-08-06, 16:21   Link #138
marvelB

^

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-06, 19:44   Link #139
southpawdragon

Pretty ambitious budget they have if they are going to cover everything from the beginning up to now. I hope it all works out.
southpawdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:41   Link #140
marvelB

Actually, I'm not really sure now if the anime is going to cover ALL of the sagas.... most of the promotional stuff I've been seeing so far only covers Phantom Blood. But we'll find out for sure soon enough, I think.....

Anyways, I forgot to mention before that Araki took another break this month, so no Jojolion. However, that does not mean any lack of interesting news:

-A new addition is coming to the "Vs. Jojo" series of novels (that Fugo novel that was mentioned on the previous page is a part of that series, BTW), this one focusing on the relatively unknown father of Joseph Joestar..... Jorge Joestar:

http://www.araki-jojo.com/273/

http://www.araki-jojo.com/291/

What's really interesting is that we even learn why his name is spelled "Jorge" instead of "George":

Quote:
ONE 91919
My name is Jorge Joestar. Though the name comes from my grandfather, a nobleman, it's spelled JORGE. Latin-style.
When I asked why it didn't sound English, my mother laughed.
"You were born here on the Canary Islands, after all. And if it weren't spelled so, no one would call you JOJO, would they?"

Apparently, the first chapter of the novel was even included in this month's Ultra Jump, but it hasn't been scanned. Well, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this whole novel translated, that's for certain (I especially want to see how Jorge and Lisa-Lisa met)....

And speaking of the Jojo novels, here's something else really interesting to note: It turns out that translator Kewl0210 is working on translating "JBA 4th Another Day", a novel focused on Jojo part 4. Here's the page for it. Mind you, I haven't started reading it myself yet since I don't have time right now (plus my laptop is going haywire right now), but I'm definitely going to be checking this out soon enough, since part 4 was always one of my favorite Jojo sagas.

Uh, and just a reminder: While these novels do contain some illustrations by Araki, he is NOT the author of these books.

Tags
action, adventure