~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
About Chouji...

Spoiler:
My gosh...I don't believe it but he is worse in the manga

Lenali needs to bitch slap him for being such an idiot.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 07:10   Link #3422
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Lenali needs to bitch slap him for being such an idiot.
I don't see how he's being an idiot. Sure he went a little bit over the top regarding his actions against Allen, though he has every right to believe in what he said.

It's brilliant wiriting to add in a 'normal' human into the ark arc, It's something else to focus on away from what we've always seen in the series. & it's especially interesting with what we see in the OP. I've no idea what i'd be thinking about Chouji if that scene in the OP wasn't there.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:35   Link #3423
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
No at least in the anime he was somewhat apologetic after Allen saved him which holds some redeeming qualities, but here it is as if he is saying "I told you so" to the guy who just save his life.
He needs to cool himself off and think of the situation they are in. There is no point rebelling now after being through life threatening expriences, he should know Allen and the others a lot better (what's that scene with him thinking that exorcists are normal humans again? ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 07:40   Link #3424
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just going by the fact that Chaos2Frozen said Allen saving Chouji was anime original material.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:43   Link #3425
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm just going by the fact that Chaos2Frozen said Allen saving Chouji was anime original material.
Which would make it kinda weird. I don't recall Chaoji (Chouji's in Naruto.) being distasteful in the manga at this segment.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:44   Link #3426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ah, i was little confused with how his name was spelt.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:53   Link #3427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Which would make it kinda weird. I don't recall Chaoji (Chouji's in Naruto.).
Oops Well, that was awkward

Quote:
I'm just going by the fact that Chaos2Frozen said Allen saving Chaoji was anime original material.
My bad, what I meant was, Chaoji regreting what he had said was the anime original.

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 89:

I can't help but think that they're showing as well how Allen is playing the role of a 'clown'

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 90:
Is 'evolve' the right word though?

I kinda see it has his 'awaken' form, like the golden armor that Skin has.

Spoiler:

Btw, I haven't seen you around for some time
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 07:59   Link #3428
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Is 'evolve' the right word though?

I kinda see it has his 'awaken' form, like the golden armor that Skin has.

Spoiler:
I blame the fact that i'm using the world 'evolved' because of my first impression of seeing the creature in the OP for the first time. But yes, awaken does seem like the right choice.

Quote:
Btw, I haven't seen you around for some time
Just a bit off-topic, though i've been very ill for the past two weeks. I'm slowly recovering.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:08   Link #3429
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Chaoji ..i would have killed him if i was Allen but never mind
But the move Allen used to stop lavi's dragon and make it into some metal dragon was awesome
And as usual they added so more allenXlenalee scenes which wasn't in the manga

P.S. Allen is going to get his ass handed to him ..this awakened Tyki looks real bad
Old 2008-06-25, 11:26   Link #3430
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Why Lenalee has to slap Lavi?.... i dont like that... i think that its anime original to because if my memory is correct.. in the manga she hug him....
Old 2008-06-25, 11:32   Link #3431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Why Lenalee has to slap Lavi?.... i dont like that... i think that its anime original to because if my memory is correct.. in the manga she hug him....
Oh come on, did you not hear what Allen called the slap?

Fandom over just one character can go to far sometimes.
Old 2008-06-25, 11:50   Link #3432
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Quote:
Oh come on, did you not hear what Allen called the slap?

Fandom over just one character can go to far sometimes.
That final comment... was kind of... Sometimes i think its better not to say anything because i dont see any fandom intention in my comment...

So, the Omake. It was cute!!! i would be great if they could made a special episode about DGM school with all the chibis... maybe they can make something like that when the arc ark finish.. i guess that they need some time because the story line its almost with the manga,
Old 2008-06-25, 12:57   Link #3433
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Better I join up the current discussion while the dish is still hot.

Concerning Chaoji, his reaction towards Allen's resolve upon helping Tykki is not only natural but expected, however, I do agree that the manner on how he reacted was uncalled for.

Logic dictates that in the current circumstance in which the whole group is stuck up currently, since the exit's gone and there's scarce time left to look for another way out, one would conclude that Chaoji was driven over the edge. However, contrary to that statement, he wasn't.

Right now what matters is to get out from the collapsing Ark, and the whole group needs to stick together both mentally and as a team if they want to ensure their survival.

Yes, for Chaoji witnessing Allen on-live flesh making that bold declaration about attempting to save Tykki's life, the latter who is the enemy nonetheless, was like a cold knife stabbed on his back.

Allen's kindness is his greatest strength, but at the same time his flaw and weakness. Nevertheless, Allen follows his convictions faithfully, otherwise, betraying them would be a 180 degrees betrayal to core of his whole character: he walks the night with sorrow, in order, to protect both human and Akuma.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 13:55   Link #3434
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Think Lavi got a break since it looked more like a punch from the manga . Lenalee doesn't respond well when people she cares about almost kill themselves. So if she hits you really hard afterwords it shows how much she cares .
Old 2008-06-25, 16:56   Link #3435
Chichi

As mentioned previously, the episode did seem somewhat spondaic and rushed throughout, although the intensity was certainly vivid and entertaining nonetheless, providing an element of realism.

The inconclusive 'defeat' from Road's part was strange and indecisive. Her manic laughter and calls for Allen were befitting her character, which while amusing was also suggestive that she merely ran away and wasn't defeated outright. I'm sure we'll be seeing her again at some point fully replenished.

Chaoji has always been a secondary character to provide some form of perspective from a normal human being for the viewers. From my recollection he was never introduced as a prominent character, just a guy from the ship, so if it weren't for the opening sequence I would have assumed his appearances were short-lived beyond this ark. His change of personality during the end, given the circumstances, in my opinion are only natural... Quite honestly, considering what he has witnessed and the life-threatening scenarios he has experienced in such a short period from when he met the Exorcists at the ship deck to now, I'm not sure whether I could personally digest it all if I were him. Although I agree that his attack on Allen's beliefs and morals was arguably unjust, I can also relate and sympathize that ultimately unlike the other characters, he was just a normal guy living a reasonably normal life that has been thrown into this nightmarish wonderland of Exorcists' fighting the Akuma, the Earl and the Noah.

The comedic moments were lighthearted but weren't particularly necessary as I felt the atmosphere was perfect but adjusted too quickly when it happened. This was especially so when the final 'awakening' of Tyki happened. I kinda expected something like this to happen because Tyki was such a popular character that I couldn't believe they'd scrub him off like this. Even as only a human, his character would lose everything most viewers adore about him, so when the tentacles randomly appeared I wasn't really surprised. It's a little disappointing since they obviously used his 'supposed' death in the past episode to heighten the shock and surprise, only to reincarnate the guy. With that being said, maybe I'm assuming too much, it did seem as if he was controlled by something.

Anyway, here's to waiting for the next episode.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 18:58   Link #3436
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, be it Chaoji or Allen, you can expect more development for them.
Old 2008-06-25, 20:05   Link #3437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Lenalee's Iron Fist of Love is in the manga as well
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 20:25   Link #3438
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Oh then yes... i lose my mind!!! hehehehe... thanks for make it clear to me...
Old 2008-06-26, 10:25   Link #3439
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Guys, I'm just a little bit bored around here, since the current discussion has slowed down, hence, I'm making use of my time and adding some D.Gray-fanart that I've found in 2chan.

The art for this pic is wonderful, that it would be ideal for an ending theme animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima
Scary Lenalee's infamous iron fist slap... !

Among girls Lenalee is the scariest one!

Tsundere Lenalee? or Embarassed Lenalee?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:38   Link #3440
Renan Black

wooooow! good pics Guido! Thank ya =p
Well, I think Chaoji's topic is over, so I'll say nothing more...

Following Guido, one of the fanarts I like the most

By the way... what is "2chan"?
Renan Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk