AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-30, 08:32   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 121

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 121.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-11-30, 09:58   Link #2
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just moving the two spoilers to this thread to start things off.

Spoiler for Spoiler 1, found on baidu:

Spoiler for Spoiler 2, source gene from baidu:

EDIT: Request for someone to give a better translation of the second spoiler, thx in advance

PS: Gooral posted a small pic of the volume 21 cover on the image thread for those who want to see it.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-30 at 10:22.
Old 2011-11-30, 10:09   Link #3
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

So do the Ghosts finally arrive in this chapter? I hope they do.

And that picture of Miria on the cover is really cool .

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-11-30 at 10:21.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:44   Link #4
Ryus
The One Eyed King

[QUOTE=Ryus;3880271]
Spoiler for Spoiler 2, source gene from baidu:

Better translation of spoiler 2 posted on mangahelpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
Some points were not that clear but anyway:

hysteria and Roxanne awaken.
golden shower(Audrey) tells to the twins to escape together with the other trainee however they are attacked by Roxanne that just got back on the battlefield but they are saved by cassandra(?).

Miria is attacked by hysteria, just as expected. Plus the collapsed warriors are taken as hostages. It seems that hysteria doesn't really want to eat the collapsed warriors and remove the claymore from her throat saying to miria that she was both fascinated and disgusted by her move.
but, even if miria wants to save the hostages she is hurt and she is not match for an awakened hysteria, so she releases even more yoki(literally: she more and more emits the "GACHI" sounds and awakens)...

but in that precise moment tabasa and the other arrive, and that's it

from the developments point of view it was interesting but the contents of the chapter were a little thin.
hysteria and Roxanne awakened forms were something like...
hysteria... her arms are like an angel's wings. Her legs are like an praying mantis and innumerable
Roxanne... it is like a clay made warrior. her hands are something like a mimosa.

could it be that hysteria is something like a western divinity? and Roxanne something like from the Buddhist ore?
plus the other has her legs spread like an M.

then cassandra
"all the collapsed warriors are my prey. You number 2 I will eat you even if you taste like shit"
"more like you became like shit, it is more like you tried to imitate shit"
cassandra's power is so overwhelming that she is avoiding all the attacks that roxanne is throwing her in a matrix style.
But we are talking about yagi here so, roxanne became more powerful when they begin to strike to each other.
anyway next issue:
miria's team Vs hysteria(abyssal one)
Roxanne Vs Cassandra a battle among abyssal ones
Old 2011-11-30, 11:59   Link #5
little_angel
Watching From Above

Now that the big 3s are out I think it's Claymore time but hope hunter x hunter and reborn! wont ruin our day by delaying Claymore more than this. Both ways this chapter looks promising
Old 2011-11-30, 12:00   Link #6
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

i want to see the catfight between roxanne and cassandra so badly, it's hard to describe :>

mirias face looks awkward (yagi and his faces in perspective...) but i'm surprised someone special didn't rage that the colourpages are about miria.

edit: cleared things up a little, and you, nixl, weren't even meant

Last edited by fraktur; 2011-11-30 at 12:44.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:06   Link #7
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post

i'm surprised someone didn't rage that the colourpages are about miria.
*Raises hand*

I am, we have already had Miria before, Yagi should have done Roxanne. [Sarcasm/] Oh wait, OMG this manga went like...totally down hill now..man. What was Yagi thinking making more Miria pages. This makes the art like, totally suck and the story is like, no longer grimdark wtf. [ /Sarcasm]

Being a bit more serious now, did the spoiler actually say Miria is awakening or that Miria is just releasing more yoki?
Old 2011-11-30, 12:12   Link #8
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
*Raises hand*

I am, we have already had Miria before, Yagi should have done Roxanne. [Sarcasm/] Oh wait, OMG this manga went like...totally down hill now..man. What was Yagi thinking making more Miria pages. This makes the art like, totally suck and the story is like, no longer grimdark wtf. [ /Sarcasm]

One moment, did the spoiler actually say Miria is awakening or that Miria is just releasing more yoki?

We haven't had a Miria Volume cover page yet... your statement is misleading. We've had her get chapter cover pages but no volume cover pages. Your complaint should be taken to the ch 121 thread where you argue Miria got the volume cover so give Roxanne the chapter cover page (j/k)

Look I 'm a huge Roxanne fan like you and want a colored cover page for her too but she seems like a mere plot device for Priscilla's return so I'm doubtful of her getting a colored page, though if we're lucky the 3 new AOs will get the inside dust cover art. A decent compromise imho... especially if Fantasy colors them
Old 2011-11-30, 12:19   Link #9
Nixl

Didn't Miria get a color page for the extra chapter with Hilda?
Old 2011-11-30, 12:27   Link #10
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

So your complaining about a colored cover page from an Extra chapter centered around Miria vs a Color page for Miria in an arc primarily surrounding her?

Honestly, I'm glad Miria finally got on the Cover of a Volume, considering they have almost exclusively been Clare, with a few exceptions.

My only real complaint is how inconsistent Miria's scar is, hopefully the actual volume will fix the panels it goes missing in.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:31   Link #11
Nixl

Exactly, I want some new characters to get some attention rather than Claire and Miria. I do not even remember if Galatea even has one.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:32   Link #12
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Didn't Miria get a color page for the extra chapter with Hilda?
Yes... and what of it. You know how many characters I want an official colored page of that didn't get it? Good for Miria to get 4 official colorings cover pages (extra ch, ch 100 (she was behind Clare ), ch 121, and volume 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
So your complaining about a colored cover page from an Extra chapter centered around Miria vs a Color page for Miria in an arc primarily surrounding her?

Honestly, I'm glad Miria finally got on the Cover of a Volume, considering they have almost exclusively been Clare, with a few exceptions.
Exactly.

Quote:
Exactly, I want some new characters to get some attention rather than Claire and Miria. I do not even remember if Galatea even has one.
When we have an arc relating to retired Nuns she can get her colored cover page.

I agree I want Galatea to get a colored page but hating Miria for getting a colored page for the arc revolving around her plot line if just daft to me... it makes too much sense for Miria to get it since the timing is perfect for it. Honestly i was fearing the colored page this month would be another Clare pic... as big of a fan I am of her, I felt that it wasn't her time to get another colored pic when so many other great characters have been ignored for so long.

Oh and Galatea was on the cover of Volume 9
Old 2011-11-30, 12:37   Link #13
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

When we have an arc relating to retired Nuns she can get her colored cover page.
Damn you Ryus , I am going to sulk in the corner now. The characters I like are stuck in nun-purgatory while the ones I like the least are playing grab ass till Claire returns.

I have to admit I am excited to see these awakened forms and to see the Roxanne vs Cassandra fight. Roxanne's form sounds rather plain. I was expecting something flashy.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:25   Link #14
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Meh, the spoiler now makes the chapter sound kind of....boring; at least we'll get to see Roxanne and Hysteria awaken. Doesn't sound like much actually happens though.

It's also occurred to me though that the twins apparently survive, whereas in the first spoiler, they died -- disappointed by that to be honest, since that probably would have helped to add some excitement.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:32   Link #15
Dark Night

With this development, the idea that these three were meant to weaken Priscilla is straight out. I'm of the opinion that Priscilla would decimate them at their full power. When weakened by these fights... they won't last a minute if she ever appears there.

It's strange, three Abyssals are born, and they just go on with their [petty] fights, continuing where they left off as humans.

Come on, move along people, nothing to see here, just three Abyssals minding their own business.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:36   Link #16
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Better translation of spoiler 2 posted on mangahelpers
Spoiler for unnecessary repetition prevention ;):
Thanks for importing that MH post here, Ryus - saves me from making an extra trip.

While the other spoilers proved fake, considering the source of this one it's probably the real deal. Sadly, the only thing of interest to me was the last sentence... if that's true, then I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:36   Link #17
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I wonder if we will ever even learn the twins names. They have been unnamed for several chapters and i was hoping that we would eventually learn their names. If the twins are going to survive through this arc then we should at least find out what their names are. However, if they die it doesn't really matter.

The more i understand it, it does seem that the 3 new AOs are meant just to weaken priscilla enough so that Clare can kill her. It seems reasonable but also a little rushed in my opinion.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 13:45   Link #18
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Thanks for importing that MH post here, Ryus - saves me from making an extra trip.

While the other spoilers proved fake, considering the source of this one it's probably the real deal. Sadly, the only thing of interest to me was the last sentence... if that's true, then I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
I'm really the same unfortunately - other then seeing what they look like, the fact the Ghosts finally show up is all that really gets my attention.

Though reading spoilers and reading the chapter itself is vastly different; maybe it's more exciting then it comes across
Old 2011-11-30, 13:51   Link #19
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post

I wouldn't be... that would be the February issue (aka released late Dec/Early January).

It's always really short, something around 20-22 pages (think once it hit 25 pages). So even if next chapter is the 2 big fights we'll only be getting around 10-12 pages each fight tops. The issue after should be the average 31 page chapter again but the chapter after that (made in February but released late February/Early March) will also be a shorter than average chapter if the trend that holds true every year remains true (that issue tops at around 28-30 pages on average but has sometimes been a good 5 pages shorter but sometimes are full length). Then from that issue on till the next February issue the chapters are almost always exactly 31 pages not including any colored pages.

The last two February issues where 22 and 23 pages (chapter 99 and 110) and the last two April issues (released in late Feb/early March) where luckily ones that broke the old trends of shorter issues than previous years each being 31 pages (chapters 101 and 112), I'm hoping that trend will remain true but earlier in the series have been shorter but there is no way to know which will be true this year.

On the plus side though sometimes we get the February issue (aka released late Dec/Early January) really early . One year we got it a whole week before January started but of course the downside of that was it was more than 5 week until the next chapter .

Now remember the rule for chapter issue names is the month it's called is the date that issue leaves store. So ch 121 even though it's coming out now in December is called the January issue since it will leave store in January. I know it seems reversed but it's a trend going back to when magazines where more like newspapers where they'd publish newsy stuff and advertise things coming up in advance before the age of computers and the internet. So for example TV guide calls itself the issue of the week it covers but is released ahead of time so people could plan out what they wanted to watch ages before they could DVR it, torrent it, stream it, etc... like they can now.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-30 at 14:06.
Old 2011-11-30, 14:05   Link #20
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Though reading spoilers and reading the chapter itself is vastly different; maybe it's more exciting then it comes across
QFT

I'm definitely not going to let a spoiler prevent me from enjoying a chapter release. My point is that next chapter's developments sound far more interesting since that's more or less what most of us have been waiting for: the Ghosts to finally arrive on the scene. That would make this yet another stepping-stone chapter, which is fine if there is atleast some development and/or fantastic art work (preferably both).

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
I'm not too worried about it. I just want some loose ends to start coming together at this point.
Closed Thread