Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 04:51   Link #7621
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Eh Perfect Strike looked really out of place and thrown in without explaination for only one battle, but they still did it.
But that totally was intended for model sales Bandai was commercializing that darn Perfect Strike since the first couple episodes with the middle credits and openings.

Quote:
Destiny Impulse could be used during the Freedom fight (or at least as the first form until Kira damages it and Shinn starts calling for spare parts) and during any of the time Luna uses it really.
Still don't see it showing up, no models to promote and its rather a unknown suit compared to the Perfect Strike. Besides if Bandai puts in Destiny Impulse it kinda lessens the Destiny Gundam in terms of importance and individuality. Destiny Gundam already has it bad enough, with its crappy end and all lets not make it worse =p

That Impulse Vs Freedom battle is one of the most infamous battles in gundam history so i doubt Bandai will change much of that fight if anything in it. so no huge changes like Impulse Destiny. The only fight that would kinda look okay is the attack on Heaven's Base. beyond that i don't see anywhere else that would work.

Quote:
As for Savior, well they can at least make it use less of the constant transforming stock footage, maybe have Athrun actually cause some minor damage to Sting instead of just chasing him around.
I think Bandai secretly hates the Saviour Gundam with its lack of.... everything. but most likely we will get some new animation for Saviour, all he really did was transform my bet is the freedom owning the Saviour will be redrawn to make the Freedom look even better.
Old 2013-06-12, 20:50   Link #7622
Skye629

Dont want to blow things up, nor did I know where to post this but:

Heres the GG link: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...am-bandai.html

New AU gundam series? CE maybe? The design looks like 00+SEED imo

At first glance for me it looks ALOT like the strike, though more stylized (getting it from the face, and the v-fins, which appear to be an exaggerated version

Anyone here reads japanese?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 21:26   Link #7623
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dont want to blow things up, nor did I know where to post this but:

Heres the GG link: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...am-bandai.html

New AU gundam series? CE maybe? The design looks like 00+SEED imo

At first glance for me it looks ALOT like the strike, though more stylized (getting it from the face, and the v-fins, which appear to be an exaggerated version

Anyone here reads japanese?
I doubt its anything SEED related in terms of Anime/Movie format because that would kind of kill this remaster. And if this is a new AU, then AGE must of been just that bad because this is quick. They trying to recover from AGE with the quickness..
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:34   Link #7624
Aquaman OS

AGE was bad. It was a total bomb. Not surprised they're desperate for something new.

That being said the rumor is this is a gunpla based series ala Gunpla builders which......well sounds kind of stupid to be honest.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:19   Link #7625
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
AGE was bad. It was a total bomb. Not surprised they're desperate for something new.

That being said the rumor is this is a gunpla based series ala Gunpla builders which......well sounds kind of stupid to be honest.
So you didn't like Gunpla Builders? That little OVA series was good. I wish it was a full series. But I don't think Bandai I will make a full series based around Gunpla. I'm betting the 1/144 is to just show off a kit right away.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:22   Link #7626
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dont want to blow things up, nor did I know where to post this but
When in doubt, post in the models thread. At least you can talk about the design there, plus it seems to be showing a scale.

Anyway, whatever it is, I hope it's something for TV.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:35   Link #7627
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So you didn't like Gunpla Builders? That little OVA series was good. I wish it was a full series.
It was a good little OVA sure, but I'd much rather have a serious Gundam AU series that doesn't suck (unlike AGE) over a whole series of Gunpla fights with little plot.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:45   Link #7628
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well I don't think Bandai will revisit those waters anyway. To be honest I think this is something SEED related. Just the design alone really speaks to the CE design flow. But that's me, we'll find out soon enough. Won't be long till something leaks early.
Old 2013-06-13, 00:51   Link #7629
monster

I don't think it's CE-related:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan1989 View Post
Gundam BF was just announced so we should have a speculation thread.

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6R8b4kD25rw/UbkemZndSNI/AAAAAAAE3Po/z2Lep3qhTFQ/s1600/1gg2z.jpg[/IMG

http://gundam-bf.net/

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...am-bandai.html
Old 2013-06-13, 01:13   Link #7630
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't think it's CE-related:
What makes you think that its not CE related? the suits looks very CE-ish and with the Freedom look alike in the other suits hand would make many think this. also with all the HD remastering and stuff the timing seems reasonable too.

But with the 1/144 kinda blows any real speculation out of the water, some people are thinking that its something to do with that Gunpla Builder OVA we got awhile back. cause putting the CE look of the mobile suits in any other series would just be asking for ridicule of the fan base, they see it as just a money grab because CE models sold like crazy. not only that it would be really lazy to just make more CE suits for an entire new series/era for Gundam.

Now with just the picture of the Gundam holding the Freedom looking gundam i gotta say i really like the face design. looks kinda like a Destiny Impulse face going on, or DX gundam had GN drive installed lol. We'll definitely be getting more news or/and pictures on this before the 7/2/2013 release date that is on the website, so i'll just wait and see what comes of it. i'm hopeful at the least.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:31   Link #7631
monster

Because the website is called Gundam-BF, no mention of SEED or Astray. Of course, the possibility of it being CE-related still exists, but I just don't think it is.

Either way, I look forward to hearing more about it.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:32   Link #7632
Jellal
Anime Critic

Got this off of CR:

"1/144 GUNDAM Kidou.". "Kidou/機動" is the first two Chinese characters of the original Japanese title for the first TV series in 1979-1980, Kidou Senshi Gundam/機動戦士ガンダム (Mobile Suit Gundam).

The Gundam.info article says it is "Gundam new visual project," so it doesn't necessarily mean that the

project will be a new anime series. The word "1/144" is a scale used for the Gundam plamodels (Gunpla).

So many assume the new project must be related to the Gunpla kits. What's your thought and expectation

for the new Gundam?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:42   Link #7633
monster

On a close up look of the figure in the middle, it does kind of like the Freedom, although this is Gundam, so a new series can freely reuse old designs and reimagine them. Oh, gosh, I just don't want to be disappointed if it's not a sequel to Destiny.

And yeah, I hope it's not going to be just like the Gunpla Builder, although I enjoyed Builder as well. I just want more full-length TV series. But the platform does kind of look like some gimmicky battle system, so yeah, I still don't think it's CE-related for now.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:59   Link #7634
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Here's an idea. What if...it's a new series in Gunpla form? Meaning the individual kits and their manuals paint the story for a new series. Kinda like how some toy companies would make a brand of toys not based off anything, like a cartoon, movie, or comic. Unlikely, but that's all my speculative powers can come up with concerning why 1/144 is being pushed as much as the Gundam is.
Old 2013-06-13, 02:09   Link #7635
Skye629

I just thought of this but maybe it has to do with that new gundam vita(?) game? The one where it apparently have gunpla fighting around in it with different scales and kitbashing galore?

I wouldn't mind if it is a GPB series/OVA, I actually really liked GPB and wished it was longer (its quite probably the most realistic take on gundam, I can actually see stuff like that being in the future if gundam lasts that long, and we dont have to deal with most of the things people complain about in other series, such as the protag being a prick at the start, or this mech beating this mech etc.), though developing a good working plot for more than 3 episodes would be questionable
Old 2013-06-13, 03:05   Link #7636
The American Average
2LMES

this is kinda has the potential to be a lot of Hype for just a Vita/console game wouldn't you say? new gundam holding a freedom looking gundam. and if it Gunpla Builders this announcement seems really out of the blue. i'm rather have it be a new series and have nothing to do with CE. or if it really is CE, have it like 102.CE something really far off cause the way Destiny ended i really can't see a logical sequel.

well whatever it is we'll get more news on it soon.
Old 2013-06-13, 03:14   Link #7637
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
this is kinda has the potential to be a lot of Hype for just a Vita/console game wouldn't you say? new gundam holding a freedom looking gundam. and if it Gunpla Builders this announcement seems really out of the blue. i'm rather have it be a new series and have nothing to do with CE. or if it really is CE, have it like 102.CE something really far off cause the way Destiny ended i really can't see a logical sequel.

well whatever it is we'll get more news on it soon.
Well they COULD do a sequel, its just that its cohesiveness would be on a level similar to (or worse than?) Evangelion 3.33 (If you follow the Rebuild movies)
Old 2013-06-13, 03:25   Link #7638
The American Average
2LMES

Could and Should are different just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Lets look at Gundam Wing, it had quite a good ending most points were wrapped up all characters got a satisfying ending all MS/gundams were destroyed and happily ever after then Frozen Teardrop comes in and pretty much ruins a lot of the characters and story. A sequel in the CE would be very strange because there are no evil people to oppose Lacus Co. making up a new large evil group right after or shortly after Destiny would be rather bad. Anyone really related to Kira's past is dead or a friend, Athrun... same boat, Shinn some stuff could be made for him but, would it be that interesting? In the end of Destiny Shinn is angry anymore besides him getting lead doubtful. Lacus and Cagalli don't really see them having personal demons to fight as well. Just like Wing there really isn't anywhere to go plot wise without making up a really bad plot like new evil that was always there or freezing someone or going UC style and have a 30 year jump.
Old 2013-06-13, 03:28   Link #7639
Skye629

Quote:

Lets look at Gundam Wing, it had quite a good ending most points were wrapped up all characters got a satisfying ending all MS/gundams were destroyed and happily ever after then Frozen Teardrop comes in and pretty much ruins a lot of the characters and story. A sequel in the CE would be very strange because there are no evil people to oppose Lacus Co. making up a new large evil group right after or shortly after Destiny would be rather bad. Anyone really related to Kira's past is dead or a friend, Athrun... same boat, Shinn some stuff could be made for him but, would it be that interesting besides him getting lead doubtful. Lacus and Cagalli don't really see them having personal demons to fight as well. Just like Wing there really isn't anywhere to go plot wise without making up a really bad plot like new evil that was always there or freezing someone or going UC style and have a 30 year jump.
Yup true, I loved the Endless Waltz ending to Gundam Wing, "Blah blah blah, and the gundams were never seen again", PERFECT ending right there

The only direction we can go with SEED now is an ASTRAY anime series (which would be freaking great)
Old 2013-06-13, 03:59   Link #7640
monster

Quote:

Lets look at Gundam Wing, it had quite a good ending most points were wrapped up all characters got a satisfying ending all MS/gundams were destroyed and happily ever after then Frozen Teardrop comes in and pretty much ruins a lot of the characters and story. A sequel in the CE would be very strange because there are no evil people to oppose Lacus Co. making up a new large evil group right after or shortly after Destiny would be rather bad. Anyone really related to Kira's past is dead or a friend, Athrun... same boat, Shinn some stuff could be made for him but, would it be that interesting? In the end of Destiny Shinn is angry anymore besides him getting lead doubtful. Lacus and Cagalli don't really see them having personal demons to fight as well. Just like Wing there really isn't anywhere to go plot wise without making up a really bad plot like new evil that was always there or freezing someone or going UC style and have a 30 year jump.
With that kind of attitude, Gundam would never had gone past MSG.

Making up new characters, especially antagonists, are a staple of every sequel. And the world of CE is more divided than the world of UC, which increases the likelihood of future conflicts.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep