Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 17:38   Link #1621
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, as far as Mrs. Fenette knows, her daughter committed suicide. Not quite the same as murder, and I'm not sure if that makes her feel worse or not.
worse
much worse
anyone could be murdered for any reason, its just life, and shit happens
suicide raises the question of "could i have stopped it"
"did i miss anything"
"was she reaching out for help and i didn't see it"
and this is especially true given that her father died just a year before, which lends even more credit to the idea that she killed herself

suicide is something much harder to deal with for the family and friends
Old 2010-05-10, 17:40   Link #1622
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh come on. Rivalz isn't that bad.
Well, he's a vapid and useless character, but no, he's certainly not a jerk by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
worse
much worse
anyone could be murdered for any reason, its just life, and shit happens
suicide raises the question of "could i have stopped it"
"did i miss anything"
"was she reaching out for help and i didn't see it"
and this is especially true given that her father died just a year before, which lends even more credit to the idea that she killed herself

suicide is something much harder to deal with for the family and friends
Yeah, that's kinda what I was leaning towards. Honestly, I don't know whether to feel more sorry for her or for Shirley
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 17:46   Link #1623
Knightrunner

Quote:
Well, he's a vapid and useless character, but no, he's certainly not a jerk by any means.

Rivilz is a cool guy.

Quote:
Yeah, that's kinda what I was leaning towards. Honestly, I don't know whether to feel more sorry for her or for Shirley
I would feel more sorry for the mother since she is living.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:04   Link #1624
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Personally I kinda hope that Shirley's mother was among Suzaku's victims in the F.L.I.E.J.A. strike. As bad as that sounds, its a kinder fate than having to live on without her husband and child.
Old 2010-05-10, 23:10   Link #1625
azul120

Quote:
Umm, WHO exactly believed she "had it coming?"
People who hate her. Especially those who Leather Pants the guilty party, Rolo.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 01:22   Link #1626
Badkarma 1

I would feel sorry for the mother. She's lost her entire family to two acts of violence and is all alone now.
For a family that never hurt nobody they sure got the shaft here.
Badkarma 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 01:35   Link #1627
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkarma 1 View Post
I would feel sorry for the mother.
Uh...I can't imagine who wouldn't be

Anyway, I have to go with RD here in that I kinda hope that Shirley's mom died in the FLEIJA explosion. I wish we could get some confirmation on that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:15   Link #1628
Har0

Quote:
Anyway, I have to go with RD here in that I kinda hope that Shirley's mom died in the FLEIJA explosion. I wish we could get some confirmation on that.
As do I. I mean, death sounds alot better than living with what happened to her.
I couldn't imagine my husband dying, then the very next year, my daughter committing suicide..

Shirley was actually one of my favorite characters int he series. I wish I knew why people hated her. She seemed like a normal girl to me.
Har0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:23   Link #1629
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har0 View Post
As do I. I mean, death sounds alot better than living with what happened to her.
I couldn't imagine my husband dying, then the very next year, my daughter committing suicide..

Shirley was actually one of my favorite characters int he series. I wish I knew why people hated her. She seemed like a normal girl to me.
That might be part of the problem, since other people view her as something of a 'flat' character.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 10:16   Link #1630
Har0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
That might be part of the problem, since other people view her as something of a 'flat' character.
I suppose. I noticed alot of it is because she sort of gets in the way of KaLulu, CCLulu and LuluSuza...
Old 2010-05-16, 10:20   Link #1631
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
I suppose. I noticed alot of it is because she sort of gets in the way of KaLulu, CCLulu and LuluSuza...
Sadly, yeah... >.>
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 10:38   Link #1632
Kittenlady

Quote:
asdfasfasds TIERIA <33333

And yeah, I've never understood why when it comes to shipping, people feel the need to hate on all other potential love interests. It's just petty, and you probably end up missing out on a fun character.

God Lelouch gets around. Why such a whore Lulu?
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 10:49   Link #1633
Har0

I agree kittenlady. I don't understand it....
And yes, he does gets around.
And Tieria is awesome.
Old 2010-05-16, 10:52   Link #1634
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Nah, I just don't like her cause she is so typical. The only sense of normalcy anyone can get in CG. Not that it's a bad thing, but I prefer the hot-blooded Kallen, or the mysterious C.C, or even the determination of Nunally.

Shirley's main selling point is her normalcy, and I prefer uniqueness, that's just about it.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 10:56   Link #1635
Har0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Nah, I just don't like her cause she is so typical. The only sense of normalcy anyone can get in CG. Not that it's a bad thing, but I prefer the hot-blooded Kallen, or the mysterious C.C, or even the determination of Nunally.

Shirley's main selling point is her normalcy, and I prefer uniqueness, that's just about it.
I never really liked Kallen anyway, different strokes I guess.
Old 2010-05-16, 12:48   Link #1636
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Indeed it is, Har0. Indeed it is.

Some people prefer normalcy, some people prefer innocence. It's all very unique in our own ways, such a beautiful thing free will is.

Shirley is innocent, but normal. Or rather, she was the most innocent character in the series.

Though shipping comes down to the boiling point of whether or not you respect the characters you ship, which is why I dropped Kalulu. Some people still ship regardless, though it doesn't matter in the end, methinks.

Shirley was a good character, she shouldn't be hated for being normal. Though normal can be mistaken for 'mary sue'. Mary Sue is when you are given a superb healing power and constantly healing a guy you love.... A slice of pizza to the person that guesses who I'm talking about.

I heard Fenette was old english. I don't suppose anyone know what it means? Oh well, Shirley was a decent character. I acknowledge her, she was strong in her own right, don't denounce her by forgetting said strength.

In a sense, Shirley was the epitome of forgiveness, though that is my opinion. I might be wrong, but I think it's a valid description of how she played out.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:09   Link #1637
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Shirley is innocent, but normal. Or rather, she was the most innocent character in the series.
More "innocent" than Euphie? I think that's debatable. However, those two certainly get the cake.

Hm, I never really viewed Shirley as "normal". Quite the opposite, in fact, jut not in a "let's go and win this war!" way. Not many people would make the choices she made.
Old 2010-05-16, 16:21   Link #1638
Har0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
More "innocent" than Euphie? I think that's debatable. However, those two certainly get the cake.

Hm, I never really viewed Shirley as "normal". Quite the opposite, in fact, jut not in a "let's go and win this war!" way. Not many people would make the choices she made.
I meant more on the girl who has a crush on her friend and can't tell him thing. She was the type of character that brings some normality into the series and still feels somewhat important.
Old 2010-05-16, 18:00   Link #1639
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I meant more on the girl who has a crush on her friend and can't tell him thing. She was the type of character that brings some normality into the series and still feels somewhat important.
I'd argue it was more than just a crush, but I see what you mean. Shirley was the connection between Lelouch's quest to change to world and his life as a regular student, and I agree that her experiences until Narita were fairly ordinary ones.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:32   Link #1640
Lost Cause

Definetly! Shirley had more than a crush on Lelouch, I remember how she always filled him around and spied oh him. So cute! It was IMHO teenage love blossoming.
I also hope that Mrs. Fenette died in the Fleajia blast too! If something happened to my kids and husband....I don't think I'd wanna go on!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote