AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 07:55   Link #2221
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

So who other than me here has done the inferno butcher in less than 2 min. av (solo)?

Ye, I'm shamelessly bragging

Haven't even touched A2 and only my weapon is from the AH
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 08:51   Link #2222
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is there any way to create a "true" private game? As one that only invited people can join?
Old 2012-05-31, 08:58   Link #2223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well here's a lesson to learn; don't log in to Battlenet when you're oversea because it would auto lock your account -_- 'suspicious' activities they say...

And to deal me a double knockout blow, I'm stuck in a verification loop on Windows live so I can't log in to reset my password... Fuck.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:22   Link #2224
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Smooth sailing with my second attempt as HardCore mode. If I have another computer mishap I'll likely throw a rage fit...I'm just glad you only have to beat Normal Mode to gain all of the HC achievements.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:24   Link #2225
Wigwams

there is a "disable auto join" in the options i think. if you check that, when people want to join your game, you can accept/deny their request. or you can invite them too.

how about the lvl 10/20/30/40 in HC mode? is it upto 40 only? or 60?
edit: i just checked, its upto lvl 60. and the act bosses still have their nightmare/hell/inferno achievements.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:38   Link #2226
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Aww hell, you're right. I guess it only shows the next achievements after you beat normal. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to defeat Inferno without a single death...Hell mode is hard enough.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:41   Link #2227
Wigwams

but i think most rewards can be unlocked in normal HC i think... so that's good.

im an achievement whore, i have 100% in sc2... but i dont think i can do that for D3.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:17   Link #2228
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
there is a "disable auto join" in the options i think. if you check that, when people want to join your game, you can accept/deny their request. or you can invite them too.
Sorry for bothering, but where is said option? I couldn't find them in Option.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:28   Link #2229
Wigwams

login first.

then options --> social --> under friends and chat --> uncheck "allow quick join".
Old 2012-05-31, 11:15   Link #2230
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Unfortunately stunlocks do not work in Inferno, as chance to stun are GREATLY reduced by Inferno penalty.
When I say stunlock I was referring to the knockback effect of Thunder First which works perfectly fine in inferno (although only on trash mobs obviously) and with an high attack speed you can 'stunlock' (or would the proper term be knockback lock?) the mobs till they're dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is there any way to create a "true" private game? As one that only invited people can join?
Change your status to busy or away (the red one), and then nobody will be able to join your game unless you invite them to your party.
Old 2012-05-31, 13:11   Link #2231
Nixl

How reduced are fear effects in Inferno?

Just got to 54 on my DH and I am almost to the Butcher. Between Nightmare and Hell I just switched to Screaming Skull and have had good results so far. + Discipline items are a god send imo. It makes preparation that much more appealing also.

Not sure what my next solo char will be since I have my Wizard reserved to play with friends. Any suggestions?
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 13:23   Link #2232
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

make another wizard or demon hunter. Monks who stack life steal with good resist gears (monks have it ez with one with everything) do fine on certain packs in act 3.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 13:30   Link #2233
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Unfortunately stunlocks do not work in Inferno, as chance to stun are GREATLY reduced by Inferno penalty.

Much like Life Steal is reduced by 80% (hence Life on Hit is better)

EDIT:

LOLWUT

So that's where the Spearzons went!
What is that character class? Witch doctor?
Old 2012-05-31, 14:39   Link #2234
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

LOL @that vid. That's the barb and he's spamming weapon throw of all things!

Oh the creative ways people come up with to deal with inferno difficulty.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:11   Link #2235
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Aww hell, you're right. I guess it only shows the next achievements after you beat normal. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to defeat Inferno without a single death...Hell mode is hard enough.
Kungen just made it to act II, 5 minutes ago...

They went and took some hits from white garbage mobs and "maned down" pretty quick.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:36   Link #2236
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
There's something that greatly worries me about characters like demon hunters in hc. Normally I just go around shooting things from off the screen, or backflip away if they show up. My philosophy is that if I see enemies on the same screen as me for a few seconds, I'm doing it wrong. But there's quite a few events where you have to fight close quarters like those minions of leoric that spawn right near you and you are blocked off by a gate. There's also a bunch of situations where the enemy spawns will surround you. It would seem like killing them in the short time before they get to touch you seems a bit sketchy especially if the server decides to fuck with you.

Right now, I'm just in act 2 normal of hardcore, using a crossbow with a shield though it still hurts to get hit. :S

Also, the resume game in the middle of nowhere shit is annoying. Either I have to remember to reset the quest or always join public games. Having to remember this because Blizzard is stupid, or having to join a public game and thus making the game harder for other people just because I want to look at my stash is terrible. "Hey look guys, I have to risk you all dying because I want to stare at my equipment because I have a bad memory!"

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 16:46   Link #2237
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They hurt because you take 30% more damage then melee classes.

BTW, in Hell / Inferno damage scales too (Nightmare too, slightly), and the HP more then doubles just from being 2 in a party, so I suggest you buy better memory!
Old 2012-05-31, 18:10   Link #2238
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think followers should only return to town if someone's in the same dungeon as you since people have to take some time to come down. Actually maybe they shouldn't return since they kinda suck anyways. And there's always the random person that comes in to afk to make the game unnecessarily harder. The boot system is great though.

Also, I feel kinda bad because I've abandoned some party members to die because I couldn't handle what was coming at me. Most of them ended up living, though there were a few casualties.

JW is there a delay when people get vote banned from a game? Do they instantly leave. What I mean is that say one person is trapped. Can we save him by voting to boot him?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 19:01   Link #2239
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If anyone would like to know a solid Witch Doctor build for farming and progressing in Inferno act 1 and 2, here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dPQ!VWU!acZZbb
You can swap out the runes of Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest and Fetish army and It will still work well. I got this build off a buddy of mine in D3, he told me most people are using it right now. Defiently is helping me farm Goblins super fast.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:12   Link #2240
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Haha... very, very little of my items are selling on the AH. Figures.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler