AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-14, 10:04   Link #1061
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
A thought on why Nanoha had chosen to side Hayate and the "lesser of two evils"...

Vivio.

If the new rule can give her beloved daughter a safer, better world to live in, would Takamachi Nanoha, the Ace of Aces and also the loving mother of a young child, throw this chance away for an old regime that could have been proven to be no longer enough to protect the world that she so deeply loves?

Note that we are now using our "Orator" way of talking .
Make sense to me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 10:08   Link #1062
Tormenk

Another possible reason. Both Hayate and Nanoha come from Earth. Hence the easier acceptance of mass weaponry.

Fate did live on Earth for quite abit but her mindset and education would be heavily influenced by Mid and TSAB doctrines. Same goes for the rest of the team sticking with her. All noted to be Mid by birth or influenced otherwise.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 10:52   Link #1063
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Btw if you look very carefully at that broken staff shown beside Genya's burial, you'll notice that it is not RH, but rather one of those S2BU-ish staves that the grunts use.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 19:11   Link #1064
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
A thought on why Nanoha had chosen to side Hayate and the "lesser of two evils"...

Vivio.

If the new rule can give her beloved daughter a safer, better world to live in, would Takamachi Nanoha, the Ace of Aces and also the loving mother of a young child, throw this chance away for an old regime that could have been proven to be no longer enough to protect the world that she so deeply loves? Such a person can no longer be afforded to be burdened down by the ideals of the crumbling past, especially when a greater weight is now placed on her shoulders, her future and her daughter's future.

Note that we are now using our "Orator" way of talking .

You know, ever since this doujin came up, and then the revelation that Himura did Sword Dancer, I realized our expectations are getting rather Nasu-fied.

Does this mean I'm vindicated for splicing Nasu themes into Nano...? <.< / >.>
Quote:
Btw if you look very carefully at that broken staff shown beside Genya's burial, you'll notice that it is not RH, but rather one of those S2BU-ish staves that the grunts use.
Darn no 1337h4xx hi-Raising Heart upgrade.
Old 2008-08-14, 19:16   Link #1065
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Esta has too planned to make his own brand of Nasu + nano crack.

Ok, back to correct my chapter!
Old 2008-08-14, 20:59   Link #1066
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I don't like this.

I don't like this at all.

Kha's concerns about the milotaku aside, I'm concerned about the impact this doujin may have on the general tone of content in the OC thread. If BetrayerS becomes popular enough I fear greatly that the OC thread may become subjected to a flood of Dark TSAB stories, or that said fics may become some kind of standard that the rest of us will be forced to live up to, whether or not we want anything to do with "Dark Future" stories.

I am reminded with alarming clarity of the Dark Crystal Tokyo theory, which circulates the Sailor Moon fandom like a vile plague that refuses to shrivel up and die. Bad Ends have absolutely no place in Mahou Shoujo, and I can't see BetrayerS going anywhere good before the end comes around.

Consider a somewhat disturbing parallel I spotted: If Nanoha is the White Devil, then Fate is Char Aznable. And if Fate is Char, then BetrayerS is effectively Char's Counterattack. Most likely Tomino's novel version where neither of the two rivals lives to see the end of the book.

Well whatever. No matter how popular this doujin may become, it has nothing to do with Comacanon and I will not be taking any cues whatsoever from this nightmarish scenario. Or if I do, it will be a rebellion situation with all the Aces on one side, not fighting amongst themselves.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 23:58   Link #1067
Once and Current Subber

Com, well, if you're not happy about it, write something else.

In the meantime, someone post some merchandise! ;p
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 03:51   Link #1068
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yeah Comar relax.

While I agree with Keroko that it may help us Cadians with experimenting more, I don't belive we will go totaly khrack or something.

And I already have a setting wich takes place in a dark midchilda with the TSAB no longer existent and evil guys rule the world. *shrug*
Old 2008-08-15, 04:22   Link #1069
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What I meant was that this might encourage us to think more outside the box, instead of going 'that's not supposed to be that way' not to turn the Nanohaverse into emoverse. Though I might be writing some BetrayerSverse fics myself.

Kinda like the old days, where we'd just write down any crazy scenario that came to mind.

Anyway, its the 15th now, do we have the first reports of comiket? I'm really anxious to listen to the SSX.

Though maybe its a bit silly to expect things before its over.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-15 at 04:37.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 08:24   Link #1070
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

The anticipation for this Comiket in the thread is so thick I could cut my screen with a knife.

Now where's Dragonfly?
Old 2008-08-15, 08:28   Link #1071
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Now where's Dragonfly?
He'll probably only come back when a new season of Nanoha is coming.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 09:30   Link #1072
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post

Exactly my sentiments. I think that the worries over BetrayerS and its effects on fanwork (fictions, OCs, etc...) are blown out of proportion. The reactions when it will be released, scanned and, maybe, translated will likely cover a wide range going from not bad to awesome, then we will move on, drooling over fanarts or, those who are concerned, going about our own alternate fan continuity, free to take from BetrayerS or not.

Seriously, if there are people in the crowd who think they can do better than BetrayerS, write it already, stop going "my continuity and canon this and that".

And grimdark in a nanoha fiction is not a first. People who are not convinced need to take a look over eagle's fanfictions in fanfiction.net.

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-08-15 at 09:43.
Old 2008-08-15, 09:51   Link #1073
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

It's not a first, but the infighting about how Nanohaverse should be developed was pointlessly devastating. I got rather sensitive to it.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:56   Link #1074
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It's not a first, but the infighting about how Nanohaverse should be developed was pointlessly devastating. I got rather sensitive to it.
Did it managed to be worts than the ship war ?

FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:02   Link #1075
Tormenk

When the things involved are more a part of the reason for staying on, the effects are felt deeper. Whereas the shipping wars were more of a difference of opinion, at the end it wouldn't really change much no matter how things went; ie people would go on doing what they did regardless of what happened.

Not so with the infighting.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 09:56   Link #1076
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post

Granted. XP

Speaking of Comiket... Magical Battle Arena has already been released.
I've played it for a day or two already, unlocking all the characters. (Though Lina and Naga from Slayers and the other character, Kukuri must be downloaded from a patch on the main site.)

Spoiler for Promo vid:

Since I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was inspired to do a quick review of the playable characters in the game as of the current version. >:3

Spoiler for Usable characters and short descriptions:

I'm telling you, it's a bucketload of fun!

Using Nanoha or Fate does not disappoint for the most part. And the slew of other characters are all interesting and fun to use as well! (As for me, Lina is a pure joy to use! Dragon Slave trumps even Starlight Breaker! XD)

Game website: http://fly-system.net/product/mba/index.htm

Anyway. I'd love to post the link to the Torrent of the game. But I don't think Animesuki Forums would allow me to. =/

If it's possible, I think I'd put the link on a Profile Message on my Profile page. Is that legal? I don't want to break any forum rules. ><

Thanks for your time. It's back to schoolwork for me. (as well as praying that they would include Hayate in a future patch)

P.S. Special thanks to aroduc. I referenced two links from his blog. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to ask permission! ><

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-08-20 at 17:09.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 14:19   Link #1077
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

EXCELLENT POSTO, ERIN!!!

And yes you'll NEVER guess what the last chara is. XD
Old 2008-08-18, 15:19   Link #1078
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Spoiler for Quoted from the IRC :3:

Last edited by PhoenixG; 2008-08-18 at 15:32. Reason: Phean gets kicked by Aaron for spoiling
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 07:35   Link #1079
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Picked up the BetrayerS doujin today at Melon Books after work, thanks to the blown-out-of-proportion expectation in this thread.

I haven't read the previous works of the same artist, but personally I am quite satisfied with it, with a good balance of plot and action. It would certainly be a real epic story if the 4th series follows the story line.

I am not going to spoil the story, but I think it is interesting to note that the the concept of the story seems to be stemmed from the real-life deabte on the Article 9 of the Japanese constitution on whether Japan should maintain a "military" or not.

The only complaint I have to make is that while it is only the epilogue of the whole epic, the artist decided to end the story at that point and claimed that s/he will not publish any new chapters due to commitments to real life and a doujin called "Sword Dancers." Oh well...

As for the Magical Battle Arena game, it is really great fun. The production team seems to favour Nanoa and paid extra effort to restore the epicness of the Nanoha attacks, making them as impressive as in the anime, while characters like Sakura can only get Street-fighter-ish fiery punches and kicks. 2940 yen is a bit expensive as a doujin game though (well I wouldn't mind paying 4000 yen for an upgraded version with the whole Hayate family included)
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 07:57   Link #1080
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Still too vague; I can't see how our anticipation could be related to the Art. 9 debate.

But thanks for the nugget; its a start. Are we allowed to post scanlations of a doujin here?