AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 00:52   Link #2281
solomon

POWER TO THE NERDS!!!

Alright Stanford, what a great job Harbaugh has done. So sad they can't keep him.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 00:56   Link #2282
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Jim 'Jehovah' Harbaugh and Andrew 'Jesus Christ' Luck.

Seriously though, Harbaugh was denying the ESPN reporters so hard that I'm positive that he may already have a verbal agreement with someone else done. That would likely push Luck to the draft. It's pretty pointless to have to learn a new system when you're the projected no. #1 by a longshot.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 03:43   Link #2283
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I didn't hear about that. Off field issues aside, you can argue Lloyd had a slightly better year than both Wayne and Johnson. I'm just saying, the guy did manage to get these stats with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his QBs.
Oh you were talking about the Pro Bowl? I know why then. It's because it's a popularity contest, nothing more. The Pro Bowl is garbage compared to the All-Pro list, the "real" panel in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jim 'Jehovah' Harbaugh and Andrew 'Jesus Christ' Luck.

Seriously though, Harbaugh was denying the ESPN reporters so hard that I'm positive that he may already have a verbal agreement with someone else done. That would likely push Luck to the draft. It's pretty pointless to have to learn a new system when you're the projected no. #1 by a longshot.
Well hopefully that agreement is with us. I hear it's pretty much between Michigan and San Francisco at this point...maybe Denver too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 11:44   Link #2284
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Oh you were talking about the Pro Bowl? I know why then. It's because it's a popularity contest, nothing more. The Pro Bowl is garbage compared to the All-Pro list, the "real" panel in my book.
Amen! The All-Pro teams are definitely more prestigious.
Old 2011-01-04, 14:39   Link #2285
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Here's an article on what Lloyd had to say about his former team. Link

I exaggerated by saying "so often" but there were definitely some late yards and touchdowns in his campaign.

Against the Ravens for example, he caught a 42-yard touchdown just before the half when the score was 17-0. Then, when the Ravens defense had basically taken their starters off the field and with little time left in the 4th quarter, he caught another a 44-yard TD.

Against the Rams, he only caught two TDs after the score was 33-13 in the 4th quarter.

Against the 9ers, he caught 5 of his 7 passes on the day in the second half and his touchdown didn't come till 3:37 left in the game with San Fran leading 24-10.
Well, I can't really defend his off-field issues. Pretty low to bash your former teams and teammates just because you couldn't get the job done.

You got some good points but I don't know if you can really hold that against him. We were ranked 26th in rushing and pretty much dead last in defense. And having Orton attempting 40 passes a game and completing less than 60% isn't really a good formula for success.

Don't forget about Brady (maybe even Vick against the Skins) when mentioning inflation of stats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post

Well hopefully that agreement is with us. I hear it's pretty much between Michigan and San Francisco at this point...maybe Denver too.
Yea, I highly doubt Lloyd being on that list. Took the poor guy 8 years to finally get a 1000+yds season.

You can now add the Dolphins to that list too. IMO, they need a new Offensive Coordinator not a new coach.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:30   Link #2286
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Saints RB Chris Ivory was put on IR today, Now our only healthy RB is Reggie Bush back from a broken leg! Pierre Thomas ankle is still hurt!

MUTHEREFFER!!!!!

Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...
Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus, Believe in Breesus...
Old 2011-01-04, 18:00   Link #2287
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Saints RB Chris Ivory was put on IR today, Now our only healthy RB is Reggie Bush back from a broken leg! Pierre Thomas ankle is still hurt!

MUTHEREFFER!!!!!

Oh please, do you honestly think that the Saints are going to lose to the Seahawks?
Old 2011-01-04, 18:22   Link #2288
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Well, I can't really defend his off-field issues. Pretty low to bash your former teams and teammates just because you couldn't get the job done.

You got some good points but I don't know if you can really hold that against him. We were ranked 26th in rushing and pretty much dead last in defense. And having Orton attempting 40 passes a game and completing less than 60% isn't really a good formula for success.

Don't forget about Brady (maybe even Vick against the Skins) when mentioning inflation of stats!
Agreed. The guy has always had the talent to flourish but football wasn't always his primary focus.

Good points. I wonder if Denver's next HC will go back to the zone-blocking scheme to revive the running game.
Old 2011-01-04, 19:04   Link #2289
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Oh please, do you honestly think that the Saints are going to lose to the Seahawks?
Well the commentators will surely make it known that the Saints are 0-3 in road playoff games, as though it makes a huge difference.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 19:54   Link #2290
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I always worry about the Saints^^, Dynasty or no, we still tend to play to the level of the competition sometimes...That's not to say we'll lose to the Seahawks because I'm morso talking about how hard it's gonna be to win the whole enchilada, but look at our injury report...

All top 3 TE's are hurt, our top WR is hurt, our starting FS and DT is hurt, and ALL of our RB's are hurt or are coming off of tough injuries...If there was ever a time to catch us this is it...Nationally you guys have no idea how good Chris Ivory is...That guy has the potential to be a top 5-10 RB in the NFL, and no I did not studder...Lagarrete Blount was 2nd to Ivory all year until Ivory injured his hamstring...He was the key to us being able to have a physical running game...

Brees is gonna have to do everything, and as good as he is nobody can do everything...So, no I don't think the Seahawks will get us, but that 2nd round game is gonna be a b!tch if the injuries are like this week's report...
Old 2011-01-05, 03:45   Link #2291
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
POWER TO THE NERDS!!!

Alright Stanford, what a great job Harbaugh has done. So sad they can't keep him.
He several reports, he wants to stay in Palo Alto including Luck will stay. But If I were I would go to the draft and yes this is the first time saying this only. Jim Harbaugh loves college football and he loves the atmosphere very much.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 04:13   Link #2292
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wah? Not the reports I've read. From what I've heard, SF is a done deal.

http://twitter.com/timkawakami
Quote:
NFL source: 49ers will hire either Trent Baalke or Mike Lombardi as GM, possibly tonight. 49ers have been told Harbaugh is OK with either.
Quote:
More: Harbaugh apparently will arrive in Bay Area at some point today, expected to speak with Jed York & GM tomorrow or soon after.
Quote:
Source: Likeliest scenario is Baalke announced as GM tonight, multiple coach interviews tomorrow, then Baalke & Harbaugh presser Thursday.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:58   Link #2293
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, Big 10 fans take a collective sigh of relief…All the Razorbacks had to do was pick up the blocked kick and this idiot lays on it like a baby…Ohio State fans probably $hit their undies on that one…You gotta understand the situation and pick that ball up for the go ahead score…

Gotta give O-State defense credit though they hassled Mallet all night and made him look like a 3rd round prospect (Which he should be after this performance), so even a former Michigan QB couldn’t get it done…

I was LOLing so hard when they blocked that punt though, oh well, congrats on finally winning against the SEC in the BCS Big 10!
Old 2011-01-05, 10:11   Link #2294
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
LMAO, Big 10 fans take a collective sigh of relief…All the Razorbacks had to do was pick up the blocked kick and this idiot lays on it like a baby…Ohio State fans probably $hit their undies on that one…You gotta understand the situation and pick that ball up for the go ahead score…

Gotta give O-State defense credit though they hassled Mallet all night and made him look like a 3rd round prospect (Which he should be after this performance), so even a former Michigan QB couldn’t get it done…

I was LOLing so hard when they blocked that punt though, oh well, congrats on finally winning against the SEC in the BCS Big 10!
Hardly everyone was rooting for OSU. A significant portion of PSU fans alone were rooting against OSU, and you know that Michigan fans weren't pulling for OSU.

I wish the Big 10 would've gone 0-fer. I hate Ohio State... actually, I don't really hate them as much as I am extremely jealous of this success in the Tressel era. It's extremely depressing to see them win so much.

I turned the game off before half because I was so disgusted with the score and then I find out that they almost lost. Well, I guess it was better to find that out later than to see my hopes dashed at the end.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 13:35   Link #2295
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Damn skippy, there was literally no OSU player within 10 yards of him. Looks like Petino doesn't do scoop and run drills in practice. . .
Old 2011-01-05, 22:08   Link #2296
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley, after 30 years on the staff at Penn State, to be named new U-Pitt head coach. Bradley is likely to take Penn State linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden and wide receivers coach Mike McQueary with him to Pittsburgh.

Considering that the above is the opposite of good, I am now officially entertaining suggestions on how to kill myself.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 01:27   Link #2297
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley, after 30 years on the staff at Penn State, to be named new U-Pitt head coach. Bradley is likely to take Penn State linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden and wide receivers coach Mike McQueary with him to Pittsburgh.

Considering that the above is the opposite of good, I am now officially entertaining suggestions on how to kill myself.
JoePa must not remember Pittsburgh or when was they played each other.
Old 2011-01-06, 16:52   Link #2298
Highman

MR. Luck stays in school and all is right with the world

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754
Old 2011-01-06, 18:18   Link #2299
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hell Yeah the GoDaddy.com Bowl is on tonight! Can't Wait!! Gonna stop at the market for some Nachos and Con Queco Cheese, get home, call up my buddies then throw a 30lbs cinderblock through my flat screen in anticipation of this much see game!
Old 2011-01-08, 14:16   Link #2300
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well the commentators will surely make it known that the Saints are 0-3 in road playoff games, as though it makes a huge difference.
Although it might be a little tough playing on the road, the Saints couldn't have asked for a better match-up. Well, I doubt anyone's putting their money on the Seahawks knocking off the defending Champs.

Quote:
I always worry about the Saints^^, Dynasty or no, we still tend to play to the level of the competition sometimes...That's not to say we'll lose to the Seahawks because I'm morso talking about how hard it's gonna be to win the whole enchilada, but look at our injury report...

All top 3 TE's are hurt, our top WR is hurt, our starting FS and DT is hurt, and ALL of our RB's are hurt or are coming off of tough injuries...If there was ever a time to catch us this is it...Nationally you guys have no idea how good Chris Ivory is...That guy has the potential to be a top 5-10 RB in the NFL, and no I did not studder...Lagarrete Blount was 2nd to Ivory all year until Ivory injured his hamstring...He was the key to us being able to have a physical running game...

Brees is gonna have to do everything, and as good as he is nobody can do everything...So, no I don't think the Seahawks will get us, but that 2nd round game is gonna be a b!tch if the injuries are like this week's report...
I agree. Ivory, when given the chances played really well. Now that Thomas is on the IR, Bush and Jones have to pick up the slack. Don't forget you still have Payton. A big reason why I like Payton is because he is one of the few coaches that has the balls to take big risks. As long as the Saints still have Brees and Payton, they will still have a shot.

Tags
american football, sports