AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-07, 15:13   Link #1441
Warm Mist

So, the latest developments on Tamako Market's staff lists are curiously missing two would-be key staff members for a potential Kyoukai no Kanata adaptation, Taichi Ishidate and Chise Kamoi.

I can't say anything about Kamoi, there might be some circumstance, but Ishidate only doing assistant ED for a storyboard that wasn't even his and some KA, seems to hint that he has been working heavily on something else. Be it the rumored FMP, the LN mentioned earlier or another Kadokawa thing, all I know is that I'm hyped.
Old 2013-03-07, 15:57   Link #1442
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Major male characters in anime shows do tend to have good physiques. They're often mildly muscular in that lean, athletic-looking way (i.e. think Olympian-level swimmer).

It's kind of funny how much of KyoAni's best work is now in their commercials, lol.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:02   Link #1443
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This went wild on tumblr anime fans.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:41   Link #1444
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
This went wild on tumblr anime fans.
Most are BL fans XD
Old 2013-03-07, 19:28   Link #1445
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
So, the latest developments on Tamako Market's staff lists are curiously missing two would-be key staff members for a potential Kyoukai no Kanata adaptation, Taichi Ishidate and Chise Kamoi.

I can't say anything about Kamoi, there might be some circumstance, but Ishidate only doing assistant ED for a storyboard that wasn't even his and some KA, seems to hint that he has been working heavily on something else. Be it the rumored FMP, the LN mentioned earlier or another Kadokawa thing, all I know is that I'm hyped.
Holy crap... I didn't notice that.

But Kyoukai no Kanata seems more plausible. Then again, if they follow the trend next project should be backed by Kadokawa. On a side note... Kazuya Sakamoto hasn't shown up in a long time.
Old 2013-03-07, 19:42   Link #1446
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:

Kamoi's done KA for Tamako Market, but that's it. I've not gone through Chuunibyou's KA listing yet though.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-07, 20:42   Link #1447
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Vid up!
Spoiler:

If this does really become a series... This'll be another test of wits for me like how I had to endure No.6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Kyoani doing a series with a male cast? Have I stepped into the twilight zone or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
A New Challenge! is the catchphrase of this CM.
God damn it! I got excited with the FMP rumors, and now it turn out that they decided not only to perform a sex change on their trademark moeblobs, but pump them with hormones and spray oil and glitter-dust
Old 2013-03-07, 20:54   Link #1448
Ragecry

I guess the big boss in Kyoani watched too much Twilight.
Eh, big loss of hope =/
Old 2013-03-07, 21:06   Link #1449
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
I guess the big boss in Kyoani watched too much Twilight.
Eh, big loss of hope =/
On the contrary, I wish it is a huge hit, so there will be less annoying moeblobs worshiped by fanboys
Old 2013-03-07, 21:40   Link #1450
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
On the contrary, I wish it is a huge hit, so there will be less annoying moeblobs worshiped by fanboys
And replace that with another "poison" that probably is equally bad in your standards?

Don't go crying when that happens.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:28   Link #1451
Warm Mist

That CM is already a huge "hit" by itself... I don't think it will compel the studio to actually make a show out of it, if they weren't already planning to do so.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:32   Link #1452
Kirarakim

If Kyoani creates a show or even shows for female fans, I am sure they would continue to create their male Otaku shows too and they would certainly exist in other venues as well. Male Otaku will continue to be the majority target demographic.

The way some people cried over a 30 sec commercial for female fans seem ridiculous to me. God forbid if women are catered too.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:35   Link #1453
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most of KyoAni's Commercials are awesome to the point you want to see either "the rest of the show" (which does not exist) or something made by them in this style.

Of course that is the point of their CMs, to promote themselves. Never known what production committer chair will be watching and saw, that was really good. I want them to animate my star manga.
Old 2013-03-08, 10:31   Link #1454
rulfo

Quote:
That CM is already a huge "hit" by itself... I don't think it will compel the studio to actually make a show out of it, if they weren't already planning to do so.
Yep... No doubt. Maybe not that well received by it's fans in Japan as compared to outside. Hell the point is.. This video is already at more than 500k views in 2 days... Not even Chuunibyou's initial PV garnered that much attention and that show was quite well received...

And... by that I'm completely dumbfounded...
Old 2013-03-08, 10:45   Link #1455
Kirarakim

Quote:
Yep... No doubt. Maybe not that well received by it's fans in Japan as compared to outside.
Are you looking at male Otaku in Japan or fujoshi in Japan, big difference?
Old 2013-03-08, 10:45   Link #1456
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Yep... No doubt. Maybe not that well received by it's fans in Japan as compared to outside. Hell the point is.. This video is already at more than 500k views in 2 days... Not even Chuunibyou's initial PV garnered that much attention and that show was quite well received...

And... by that I'm completely dumbfounded...
It's something different and in an area that seems to be on the rise of late. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the staff trying a show like this as it seems interesting. I'm not sure how the JP reception would be, but fujoshi have shown to support BD shows. I'm drawing a blank on Pony Canyon shows like this though.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-08, 11:05   Link #1457
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Are you looking at male Otaku in Japan or fujoshi in Japan, big difference?
Like I said it's fans meaning the core fanbase they currently have. From what I could make in the 2chan thread of Tamako, a lot were thrown back by the CM.

Meanwhile outside, it seems that the fans are a little more open minded or have a more indifferent reaction towards it.

Then again if the YT like bar holds any meaning at all. It sits at 8.5k likes with less than 500 dislikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's something different and in an area that seems to be on the rise of late. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the staff trying a show like this as it seems interesting. I'm not sure how the JP reception would be, but fujoshi have shown to support BD shows. I'm drawing a blank on Pony Canyon shows like this though.
Judging by most of KyoAni's shows beyond FMP, they play it safe and keeps things at subtext at best, that's excluding Midori from Tamako though.
Anyway as much as how overly flamboyant the PV is, it doesn't really imply any of that sort. Hey who knows, this show might be bro tier even with all these bishies as the main cast.

Regarding BD... Are you referring to T&B? Sorry if I make that as a misconception but I've perceived that show under that. But what I do know is that show sold a lot.

I can't really recall any shows that are targeted to that fanbase which had high BD sales. Most of the time it was DVD that was pulling through.
Old 2013-03-08, 11:11   Link #1458
Kirarakim

Quote:
Like I said it's fans meaning the core fanbase they currently have. From what I could make in the 2chan thread of Tamako, a lot were thrown back by the CM.

Meanwhile outside, it seems that the fans are a little more open minded or have a more indifferent reaction towards it.

Then again if the YT like bar holds any meaning at all. It sits at 8.5k likes with less than 500 dislikes.
The core audience for Kyoani is not necessarily the audience they were going for with that commercial.

I kind of get the feeling that male otaku and female fujoshi are pretty separate audiences in Japan.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:18   Link #1459
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Top demographics
Female, 13-17 years
Female, 18-24 years
Male, 18-24 years
fascinating..

Old 2013-03-08, 15:13   Link #1460
Warm Mist

Quote:
Anyway as much as how overly flamboyant the PV is, it doesn't really imply any of that sort. Hey who knows, this show might be bro tier even with all these bishies as the main cast.
I don't think anyone doubts that if a show is made based on this CM, it will be a sort of K-On! with guys and nothing more than that.
------------------
Also, in bad news for the studio it seems like Kazuya Sakamoto no longer works at Kyoani. It's rare seeing a veteran from the Inuyasha times leave Kyoani, but Yoneda also left not so long ago so... I wonder if there's some sort of circumstance, or if those are just personal decisions.
Alas, this leaves a spot for a new episode director. I'm curious as to who will be promoted.
Closed Thread

Tags
studios