AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 54 31.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 29.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 24.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-08, 07:52   Link #121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Indeed, i gotta say i'ml iking the train station from the 2006 version a lil' better - gives it more of a warmer feeling if you know what i mean.

I really can't wait to see how the park looks~
Old 2006-10-08, 11:14   Link #122
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
It's really interesting to watch a show like this after so long. I've been a bit out of anime this past summer, but especially, the shows I've been watching haven't really been in this flavor for a long time. For some reason it really just kindles these warm feelngs inside me. It seems a bit different, but I can't exactly point out where. But for some reason Yuuchi seems a tad more mature (am I really just making this up? ^^; or maybe it's just his new character design). It's very nostalgic and even though I didn't particularly like Kanon originally (although I loved the Mai plot thread, the number one reason why I'm returning with the 2006 rendition) it's still really nice. I'm glad it's getting the attention to detail it deserves.
Old 2006-10-08, 11:19   Link #123
Lost

^ No you aren't making it up, I agree, Yuuichi seems more mature here; but as one who hasnt watched Kanon, I'm only going on screenshots of old Yuuichi for comparison. So I guess a great part of this seeming maturity increase is his character desgin.
Old 2006-10-08, 11:36   Link #124
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
^ No you aren't making it up, I agree, Yuuichi seems more mature here; but as one who hasnt watched Kanon, I'm only going on screenshots of old Yuuichi for comparison. So I guess a great part of this seeming maturity increase is his character desgin.
I've only watched the first episode of the original Kanon and just based on that, Yuuichi this time around does act much more composed and behaves like an adult. And yes, the character design makes him look quite a bit more mature as well.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:17   Link #125
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

As someone who's not played the game or watched the first series, first impression about Yuuichi is: "Hey isn't that Kyon!?" He decided to take a break from Haruhi and the SOS Brigade and take his witty comments over to a serene place with more "normal" girls. Not that I'm complaining, I'm always impressed with Sugita Tomokazu's hunk-like deep voice.

I've heard of Kanon for ages (mainly through the various doujinshis I've seen), but never had a chance to see it. But hearing that it would be THE KyoAni that would be doing the remake, I've decided to give this show a go, having been mightily impressed with SuzuHaru. The praise was well deserved. Just looking at the snow falling was jaw dropping enough.

BTW, anyone here without the game planning on getting it? Right now Himeya's selling at USD45. Yes, I'm aware Himeya probably sells higher than most stores around Akiba, but this is one of the few places that sells overseas, and I was thinking of snapping it up before the hype from the KyoAni remake drives prices even higher.
Old 2006-10-08, 13:36   Link #126
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
So like...with Utawarerumono over, I went through a couple of weeks not knowing what is good to watch. I just got back into the anime craze again and I'm not sure what or where to look for for the kinds of stories I'm looking for. One of my friends suggested Kanon, and like Utawarerumono, the OP (visuals and music alike) just hooks you.

I have to say that unlike the previous anime I watched, I know next to nothing about Kanon so I guess this puts me in a more objective eye to judge the series. Artistically, it is spectacular. The animation is very different so it takes some time adjusting (the eyes in particular). But more or less, it is cute, it is detailed, and the producers aren't lazy with it.

The first episode was pretty straight-foward. An introduction to the setting. We got to see parts of the city, the school, the place where Yuuichi, Nayuki, and her mother lives. Of course, there's an incident in the latter half of the episode which takes us in a different pacing. As far as I can tell, it's a drama put into an anime format and the events could take us anywhere, but the wings of the little girl, I imagine something very empyreal about this anime.

I look foward to watching this.
Old 2006-10-08, 14:20   Link #127
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that this Yuuichi is acting more maturer and responsible than in the Toei version also. He also seems to have less barriers up than in the Toei version imo which may account for a less sarcastic attitude.

Actually, I think that Ayu and Nayuki are both more goal-directed (aggressive, outgoing) in this version. Can't wait to see Makoto and Shiori.

Must see the fountain in all its glory.
Old 2006-10-08, 16:29   Link #128
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I have to say, I've only seen the first episode of the original, and to be honest, I hated it. The animation and Yuuichi just got on my nerves. Everything else wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything to capture my interest.

This time around, maybe it's because I've been caught up in the hype or it's the first series I'll be watching from when the first episode has recently aired or because it was a good episode, that I enjoyed it.

The animation, as expected from Kyo-Ani, was brilliant. They can never seem to go wrong. This time, I don't see Yuuichi as a prat and I feel I might enjoy watching him. As always, Sugita Tomokazu provides some excellent voice acting. I did recognise other voices but I can't put two and two together when it comes to even comparing a character to a character from another series. The girls seemed decent enough. From the number of girls shown, I had a slight sinking feeling that each of the girls were just going to have a personality or physical "quirk". IMO, that's quite common place in anime nowadays. The OP song was not bad and it takes me a while to like any OP. Heck, I didn't even like some of my favourite OPs at first. I'm not too keen on the ED song and animation however. I was quite happy when I heard Eclipse were doing the subbing, because I was extremely pleased with their Fate/Stay Night subs.

Despite the downsides, I felt it still had a nice atmosphere and it seems to be a significant improvement on the original.
Old 2006-10-08, 16:38   Link #129
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I also think Yuuichi seems more mature,both physically and mentally.

Big spoiler,do not read if you havn't seen the original serie
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-08, 17:16   Link #130
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
I also think Yuuichi seems more mature,both physically and mentally.

Big spoiler,do not read if you havn't seen the original serie
Spoiler:
Darklightz good call that must be my primary concern about how the direction of series will go. Being someone who watched the orginal i wonder if they will change how Yuuichi interacts with the girls
Old 2006-10-08, 21:25   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Must see the fountain in all its glory.
Thats to the op video, you can already see just what Kyoani have done to it. It almost makes me want to go sit infront of one & watch the first episode on my PSP. :3
Old 2006-10-09, 09:47   Link #132
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I'm noticing they are doing their best with arguably the ugliest (male) school uniform in existence
Old 2006-10-09, 11:43   Link #133
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

T'is true. The male uniforms suck. The female uniforms are okay, but needs improvement. It looks like a short version of a mix of choir uniform and a habit imo. Do they even have a different version for Spring?
Old 2006-10-09, 12:04   Link #134
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

Kanon Episode 1: After watching Air and Kanon 2002, I know this can only get better! As Air created a beautiful atmosphere in the beginning moments of it's first episode, Kanon has done an equally impressive job in dazzling us with the bittersweetness of winter snow.
Old 2006-10-09, 14:45   Link #135
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Speaking of male school uniform, it's a huge improvement over the last Kanon. The male school uniform there has to be the most ridiculous piece of normal clothing I've ever seen
Old 2006-10-09, 16:02   Link #136
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Well good first ep we saw some other chars in the background an im guessing the fox is whats-her-face
I don't like how they made Yuuichi older and failed to make the girls more mature, now they've made Yuuichi look like a peado, I mean he looked older than his Aunt!

Ayu was so Kawaii and she chases her tail just like a real pet!!
Imho "Uguu" doesn't match up to a "Chi", "Kiri Kiri", "Check" or even a "De Arimasu", unlucky Ayu.

P.S. Mai ftw!
A sword wielding badass who fights demons and looks/sounds Kawaii! vs. a bunch of girls who are (even more so) emotionally damaged.
Old 2006-10-09, 16:05   Link #137
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
Ayu was so Kawaii and she chases her tail just like a real pet!!
Imho "Uguu" doesn't match up to a "Chi", "Kiri Kiri", "Check" or even a "De Arimasu", unlucky Ayu.
i think youll just need time for that "phrase" to grow on you
btw you missed out ~gao!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-09, 18:40   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombrenuit View Post
I'm noticing they are doing their best with arguably the ugliest (male) school uniform in existence
Glad im not the only one damn do they suck donkey ballz
by the way i love th siggy very nice
Old 2006-10-10, 11:44   Link #139
Yuelon
喜怒哀

sigh~ Kanon remake is gonna be very memoryable and relfecting compare to the old Kanon, i trully agree to all of you that that Yuuichi did gotten more mature.
More i watch Kanon remake the more feelings form the old series comes out dont you think. (those who watched the Kanon 2002?)
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.

Old 2006-10-10, 14:08   Link #140
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

So, I watched this about 6 times on Friday, 3 times on Saturday, twice on Sunday, and twice yesterday. How many times have you all watched episode 1 so far?
Closed Thread