AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-11, 18:46   Link #5741
chaos_alfa

I just finished rewatching the F/SN adaptation from DEEN.

I forgot how bad the romance between Shirou and Saber was. To reassure myself that the visual novel portrayed it better, I checked out a few scenes again. It seems the visual novels does indeed show their relationship in a better light, but it still has some problems.

One big one is the power imbalance in the relationship. Saber is a Servant and Shirou is a Master. It has implication for how Saber is potentially forced to please Shirou if she wants to keep a good relationship and gain the Grail.

The second one is how Shirou doesn't always seem to respect Saber boundaries. In one scene for example he wants her to give up her toxic wish, but he embraces here and doesn't want to let her go while it is clear she doesn't want to be hold.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
7:44

The third thing is how sometimes there is some weird stuff about Saber's gender. How it should be a reason for her not to fight or how because she has supposedly bigger muscles compared to other girls she would be unattractive to Shirou.

It has been some time since I read the whole visual novel. It could be if I read again the romance will come out better.

I also remember to have read, that some of the problems I mentioned was because Nasu gender swapped Saber and Shirou. It resulted in some consequences which because of his inexperience he wasn't equipped to deal with.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:37   Link #5742
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Oh shit it's happening... only took 20 years to get licensed in English.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wouldn't mind seeing hollow ataraxia get a Steam/Switch version either... maybe an anime too?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 11:12   Link #5743
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

I lived to see Fate/Stay Night get officially licensed. What a world.
Old 2024-01-30, 13:25   Link #5744
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's all that was announced for the big 20th anniversary? I thought they would at least update the CGs, but nope, just an upscale. I guess it's nice that it's finally getting an official English release. Choice of platforms is odd though. Why not Android and IOS when that's where FGO's players are?
Old 2024-01-30, 14:03   Link #5745
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why not Android and IOS when that's where FGO's players are?
They've had mobile versions in Japan for years now, since FGO first came out more or less. IIRC Fate route was free (on iOS anyway) which filled the gap for the nonexistent Fate route anime. Switch and Steam really make the most sense globally for a VN in 2024.

The Fate art is pretty iconic but new sprites and such would still be nice. As far as I can tell this is basically a port of the Vita version.
Old 2024-01-30, 14:37   Link #5746
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
which filled the gap for the nonexistent Fate route anime
Keep telling yourself that lol. Least interesting route anyways
Old 2024-01-30, 16:56   Link #5747
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's all that was announced for the big 20th anniversary? I thought they would at least update the CGs, but nope, just an upscale. I guess it's nice that it's finally getting an official English release. Choice of platforms is odd though. Why not Android and IOS when that's where FGO's players are?

What is CGs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Keep telling yourself that lol. Least interesting route anyways
Maybe but the "Fate" route is still my favorite.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 18:19   Link #5748
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
What is CGs?

Maybe but the "Fate" route is still my favorite.
CG means computer graphics. It’s the type of graphics used here rather than cgi of current games. Mostly set images that don’t move.
Old 2024-01-30, 20:53   Link #5749
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that lol.
I'm just bringing up what I've heard about the Japanese 'watch order' for anime onlies -- if they cared enough about Fate route they were suggested to download that route for free (since Realta Nua was typically sold as 3 separate apps).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
What is CGs?
CG usually refers to event (or H event )scenes:

Actually I've seen rumors that the CG are getting cropped to fit 16:9 which I'm a bit concerned about if true. The majority of a VN is made of of sprites superimposed on a background though:

And then you've got SD (super deformed):

Old 2024-02-01, 01:35   Link #5750
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say it is nice to have this finally get an official release. Might get it for the Switch just for the heck of it.
Old 2024-02-02, 11:25   Link #5751
TURI123456

Quote:
CG means computer graphics. It’s the type of graphics used here rather than cgi of current games. Mostly set images that don’t move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm just bringing up what I've heard about the Japanese 'watch order' for anime onlies -- if they cared enough about Fate route they were suggested to download that route for free (since Realta Nua was typically sold as 3 separate apps).CG usually refers to event (or H event )scenes:

Actually I've seen rumors that the CG are getting cropped to fit 16:9 which I'm a bit concerned about if true. The majority of a VN is made of of sprites superimposed on a background though:

And then you've got SD (super deformed):

Why is it a bad thing?

Thank you!
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 17:05   Link #5752
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just realized a whole bunch of people will be introduced to Tiger Dojo for the first time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 09:54   Link #5753
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Only 20 years but it was licensed. Gonna be careful with the Fate I had downloaded.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel