Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 15:53   Link #1
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

Isn't she HOT?

He he, yes it's her again.

Hope, you won't get bored.

Those things on the arrow are supposed to be "explosion note", I was too lazy looking for the japanese character for it, so i drew something else instead.

It's a cut version here, if you want to see the full size one click the following link.

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/.../Bkunoichi.jpg

Warn!!! full size for 16years and older. And for guys only

Last edited by Yama_Le_Rouge; 2004-03-21 at 17:22.
Yama_Le_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 15:56   Link #2
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

looking great. what's the story behind this type of headprotector? never seen them before. are they your original stuff?
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 16:33   Link #3
Palani
///_^

She is Hot
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 17:28   Link #4
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist

looking good,

I have two critiques, both of which I fall victim to myself:

shading is too soft IMO, this is an easy problem to create and a semi-easy problem to fix. it's 'caused by using to large of a brush to shade/hilight an area and it shakes up the perception of reality because it makes the brush strokes too obvious (i.e. you can 'see' the brush you used, as opposed to the shape of hilight you wanted). to fix it takes more time spent with a smaller brush, or not shading with brushes at all (look into 'cuts' for quick non-brush shading, as well as other lasso tricks).

the second problem, which still plagues me to this day, is 'focal saturation'. your picture is very vibrant, this is a great thing, but the problem comes from putting hilights of the same intensity across the entire picture. for instance: the hilights on her extended arm/helmet should probably be the brightest, almost going to white here. but the problem comes when the hilight on her side reaches the same intensity level. if you want to see good examples of someone who is a master at controlling their focal saturation, look up Danimation on DeviantArt. he makes me cry.

beyond that I think you've got some great stuff going here, good color choices (especially the skin), nice lines, themes, etc. keep at it!
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 17:32   Link #5
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by .gaara
looking great. what's the story behind this type of headprotector? never seen them before. are they your original stuff?
It looks like Ninja Gaiden HP, but it's not. I just did it influence by NG HP. Fisrt i have tried the Naruto HP on her, but it doesn't fit her outfit. I try NG HP, but too long texturing the HP. So i end up with this.

And thanks zillford for the feedbacks. Can you show me the link to the work of the guy you mentionned?
Old 2004-03-21, 17:36   Link #6
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
wait... danimation? I tried danimation.deviantart.com and it's some guy with no deviations. Could you give me the link to the guy you're talking about?
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 18:19   Link #7
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I can see her butt!
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 19:13   Link #8
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I can see her butt!
me too...exciting
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 20:09   Link #9
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

Yes, that light problem bugs me. I still have the layer up and try to do something about it. I only worked on the light problem, still major bugs. Feedbacks welcome.

Last edited by Yama_Le_Rouge; 2004-03-22 at 10:39.
Old 2004-03-21, 21:39   Link #10
Raxial
CG / Color

I like it, but you still have that second problem he said, the brush stroke one. I mostly notice it on the leg, but the highlights are much better now good job
Old 2004-03-22, 11:10   Link #11
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

I reedit previous post so that it leads to what i call the "final version"

Actually i can't see the pb with the brush stroke even on my two 19" crt iiyama. I may need glasses (possible) or i shall send a complaining letter to iiyama.
I go black n white this time coz, i like playing between the colors so that it displays well on my crt and to my eyes, but some people notice me the problem about it. So in the future i'll post 2 versions of my work : colored and BnW.

Still pb with the shade shape. I shall try drawing them first in the future and not adding them in the end. Well, i shall buy a tablet.

Feedbacks still welcome, but i'll consider them for my future pics. I'm stopping about this work b4 it's spamming.
Old 2004-03-22, 18:00   Link #12
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
really nice, she's really sexy, plus she's got a bow, which is the best weapon ever. i really like the black and white version where your working on the shading, it looks cool.
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 23:26   Link #13
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

The same thing in another style. Yes it's dark and i still sux rendering steel ^^. The weird effect is normal.

Old 2004-03-27, 16:59   Link #14
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
It's nice man, already said it, but saying it again...and I like the black and white one more ^^
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 17:18   Link #15
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
It looks really nice, and the black&white looks abit better indeed.

The third picture looks alittle blurry and dark, but maybe thats meant
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 18:16   Link #16
Raxial
CG / Color

really nice and aeven shading on the lsat one! i really like it
Old 2004-03-27, 19:39   Link #17
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I'm just gona critique a bit, please don't take it to heart. ^^

About the highlight spot on the first picture is kinda strangely placed. A person doesn't exactly reflect a highlight spot like that.

Not every object reflect highlight spot. For stuffs like metalic like weapon or armor are ok, but for skin and cloth usually they don't reflect lights that much (less gradation) so you can actually skip some of them, unless you are planning to make the skin looks oily or wet.

The 3rd picture looks alot better because you didn't have any drastic highlights like in the first two pictures. To put it bluntly the first two pictures she looks like a plastic doll while the 3rd picture she looks more believable like a real person.

For human skin, it's better when the color spread evenly and add darker spot for shadows only. Specially female characters, evenly spread color will look softer and sexier. Think of it like you were trying to aply make-up on her, you want the make-up not too little and not too much either. Something like that. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 20:57   Link #18
calavera spain
empty mind

Send a message via MSN to calavera spain
i like a lot your stiyle...remembers me to something, but dont know what :S
nothing more to say :P a ye i dont see any problems...
calavera spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:02   Link #19
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I'm just gona critique a bit, please don't take it to heart. ^^

About the highlight spot on the first picture is kinda strangely placed. A person doesn't exactly reflect a highlight spot like that.

Not every object reflect highlight spot. For stuffs like metalic like weapon or armor are ok, but for skin and cloth usually they don't reflect lights that much (less gradation) so you can actually skip some of them, unless you are planning to make the skin looks oily or wet.

The 3rd picture looks alot better because you didn't have any drastic highlights like in the first two pictures. To put it bluntly the first two pictures she looks like a plastic doll while the 3rd picture she looks more believable like a real person.

For human skin, it's better when the color spread evenly and add darker spot for shadows only. Specially female characters, evenly spread color will look softer and sexier. Think of it like you were trying to aply make-up on her, you want the make-up not too little and not too much either. Something like that. ^^

Huh!!! my poor heart is crying lol

Critiques always welcome, that's the only way to perfection lol