Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 19:56   Link #601
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Don't you hate it when 15mins is recap and 5 mins of new content are scattered around the ep? >_>
I would have enjoyed it more if there was at least new footage or perspectives in the flashback scenes. Well, in hindsight, the recap of the first 10 episodes (which have pretty much all been good) was still nice and the new footage intrigues me like all the previous episodes have. Don't know what to expect from Reiji now.
Old 2009-06-14, 04:34   Link #602
Chase

The BGM was nice during the warehouse/succession scene. The succesion ceremony itself looked soooooooo chessy, if i was Reji id be like, lets skip this part
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 20:25   Link #603
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1 View Post
God I hope Reiji doesn't become Clau bitch or Inferno's. I was hoping he would just go on a killing spree.
Did you see the preview for the next episode? Im afraid your wish will not be coming true anytime soon.
Old 2009-06-15, 09:35   Link #604
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

AHHHHHHHH! This show just got so much more intense.

Loved the ending for ep 11. Reiji is such a badass now in his ballin suit.
Old 2009-06-15, 16:41   Link #605
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 11 !

Wtf recap episode ... except the end ! And lol the succession's part with the sword -_- !
BUT , i think that Reiji is more cool now !! Better than before And 3 months later , he already seems more older lol . But still cool with his suit !

Next episode :

Lol , Clo x Reiji XD and new partner ? a loli ? lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 01:38   Link #606
velvet nightmare

is it just me or did his hair get a little longer and his eyes are permanently glazed like that

btw just watched the scene in this ep again, someone explain to me how he didnt bleed out on the beach (i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that scythe is a terrible shot and missed all vital organs)
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 09:32   Link #607
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
is it just me or did his hair get a little longer and his eyes are permanently glazed like that

btw just watched the scene in this ep again, someone explain to me how he didnt bleed out on the beach (i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that scythe is a terrible shot and missed all vital organs)
He is ballin. Good enough answer?

But seriously...he is so badass now. Reminds me a little of Gungrave...before he died.
Old 2009-06-16, 10:58   Link #608
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

^ Tyrone, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought of "Gungrave" with this episode.

Anyway, the additions to this episode were pretty good. It looks like Reiji has assimilated himself more into the underworld. I wonder why Claudia wants "everything," and why she has let Reiji get away with so many "mistakes." (I haven't played the game so I don't know the full storyline.) His attire is pretty darn cool! He's even got the signature dogtag.

I really enjoy this show so far! I haven't loved a Bee Train anime since Noir, so I'll definitely keep watching.
Knowledge Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:18   Link #609
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I too, just watched episode 11. I demand further explanation!
Old 2009-06-16, 14:01   Link #610
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Got a chance to check out a few eps -- I have to say, I think the OP is the probably the BEST opening I have ever seen (though EotE ranks a close second).

Kokia's voice is so haunting and pure, and the lyrics so profound.

Not only is the song gorgeous in its own right, the opening animation sequence transcends words. It shows so much in such a short time. it perfectly conveys Zwei's confusion, perfectly captures his sense of loss as well as his feeling of being lost. It's odd for me to begin to care for a character just from the opening sequence, but Phantom's OP already makes me hope that he will come out of his ordeal endowed with happiness.

In addition, the vibrant translucent background compliments the moving animation as well as the song.

Everything JUST WORKS PERFECTLY.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 14:08   Link #611
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Got a chance to check out a few eps -- I have to say, I think the OP is the probably the BEST opening I have ever seen (though EotE ranks a close second).

Kokia's voice is so haunting and pure, and the lyrics so profound.

Not only is the song gorgeous in its own right, the opening animation sequence transcends words. It shows so much in such a short time. it perfectly conveys Zwei's confusion, perfectly captures his sense of loss as well as his feeling of being lost. It's odd for me to begin to care for a character just from the opening sequence, but Phantom's OP already makes me hope that he will come out of his ordeal endowed with happiness.

In addition, the vibrant translucent background compliments the moving animation as well as the song.

Everything JUST WORKS PERFECTLY.
I'll have to agree. When I started watching a few months ago, I was blown away by the opening sequence. I had no idea about what company produced the series or anything, I just started watching because of a blog post. Once the opening started, I started thinking: "Is this Noir...? Is this Bee Train? WHAT IS THIS?!?" It was so pretty and by the time I came to my senses, I saw the Bee Train logo there, haha.

But yeah, I'll agree that the opening is ridiculously pretty.
Old 2009-06-16, 15:39   Link #612
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Got a chance to check out a few eps -- I have to say, I think the OP is the probably the BEST opening I have ever seen.... Everything JUST WORKS PERFECTLY.
Your post captures it. I can't say "best," but I also can't think of any better. This is a really great anime opening, not only good in itself, but drawing us in and making us so ready for the show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 00:12   Link #613
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker View Post
It was so pretty and by the time I came to my senses, I saw the Bee Train logo there, haha.

But yeah, I'll agree that the opening is ridiculously pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Your post captures it. I can't say "best," but I also can't think of any better. This is a really great anime opening, not only good in itself, but drawing us in and making us so ready for the show.
I can't get over what a piece of art the OP is. If I could ever create anything like this, I would die a happy woman.

Maybe my exuberance is compounded by the fact that I got to watch it on my newly delivered monitor *drools* (and feeling a bit like Lain o__O, LOL) on 1280x720 resolution, but perhaps not.

There are some parts of the opening where 4 layers exist -- a star-filled forested background laying beneath two translucent moving entities (one being Phantom herself and the woman with long hair is still a mystery to me), and topped with Zwei running fluidly and helplessly upside down:

Not to mention, the last frame of the OP is absolutely haunting, creepy, melancholy, and lonely:

I am on ep. 5 at the moment, and this series is giving me the chills. It's almost as if I can feel his oppression.

The art and animation are absolutely amazing. The consistently complimentary jazz music underscoring the more mellow internal monologue scenes are also amazing, not to mention the tense music during pivotal scenes of assassinations.

I really liked Bourne Identity, but man, Phantom takes it to a whole other level that Bourne cannot even touch.
Old 2009-06-18, 08:27   Link #614
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
So far, P-RftP has been a very fun ride! I'm loving every episode.

Fortunately, Beetrain is following the game close enough. The changes we got are not bad, except maybe i think the game-version Ein/Ellen looked more badass than the anime counterpart. Still, it has been fun.

So far, i don't know what ending we will have. Maybe we can have an original harem-ending where Reiji get all the (crazy psychotic) girls?

Can't wait to see what miss Claudia Mc-cunning will do next episode. Surely some "maintenance" in Reiji's ... loyality!
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 09:07   Link #615
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

Quote:
I really liked Bourne Identity, but man, Phantom takes it to a whole other level that Bourne cannot even touch.
Pretty much how I feel, except this is bringing me back memories of Noir; I haven't enjoyed a Bee Train series since Noir. But this is an exception.

And PGillis, you might call her Mccunning; but I think that woman is scary. o_0 But she is pretty cunning, regardless, haha.

Hopefully, another episode comes out soon.
Old 2009-06-18, 10:14   Link #616
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Can't wait to see what miss Claudia Mc-cunning will do next episode. Surely some "maintenance" in Reiji's ... loyality!
LOL, nice pun XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker View Post
you might call her Mccunning; but I think that woman is scary. o_0 But she is pretty cunning, regardless, haha.
She scares the heck out of me too, and so does the Scythe Master.

The disturbing yet vindictive perversion underlying the relationships between Zwei and CM and Ein and SM just adds another bleak layer to this title.

It's one thing to kill on command, but it's almost another level to be literally stuck inside his web, as personified by the perverse photo shoots.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:44   Link #617
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like I can't access the FUNIMATION Video portal where Phantom is...

Oh well, I'll have to suffer and wait for a while. Missed two episodes at least.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 14:28   Link #618
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

Quote:

It's one thing to kill on command, but it's almost another level to be literally stuck inside his web, as personified by the perverse photo shoots.
Ugh...the photoshoots. That was a pretty sick scene. I wonder what the heck he did with those photos? I mean, what was the purpose? Oh well, he's not normal so I won't try to say things like "purpose." =P
Old 2009-06-18, 15:15   Link #619
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I think Beetrain was "beetraining" again. I don't remember that scene in the game.

@MikaMiaka
@Knowledge Seeker

I understand what you guys mean with McCunning being scary. She's a woman who will do anything to reach her dreams. ANYTHING!

Actually, she really did some very nasty things in the game, as far i remember. But in the anime they still didn't mencioned anything. Maybe a rather welcome "tunning down"?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 15:25   Link #620
Mentar
Banned

No, I don't think so

Episode 11 flashback had a purposeful viewer misdirection worthy of FoxNews. I'm sure they won't tone Claudia down. I wouldn't want that either!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen