Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 08:37   Link #7901
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic :

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

First time we see the Viking and Siege Tank transformations in the CG cinematics
The Viking is totally wrong. It doesn't fire enough missiles and should have a single gatling pod instead of two gatling guns.

And I didn't know that siege tanks can drive that fast.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:43   Link #7902
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The viking wasn't smart enough to face an Ultralisk like that
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:22   Link #7903
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
The viking wasn't smart enough to face an Ultralisk like that
"They told me I was Max Jenius. Turns out I was Roy Focker."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:40   Link #7904
Blaat

Nice colony drop there.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:54   Link #7905
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I believe that was a Battlecruiser. Huge though.
Old 2013-01-22, 15:06   Link #7906
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Blizzard cinematics are always awesome, but I'm not picking this up day one. I burned through WoL in a few days, and felt no compulsion to play the multiplayer. Ditto for D3. The single player campaign is fun for the story, but farming those areas over and over again for better loot got boring.
I'll be waiting for the reaction since I'll never make the mistake of picking up a Blizzard product on day one. I remember when everyone was reassuring me that those stress tests would make release smooth. lawl.

Bnet fail is consistent, I guess. But single player mode?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 15:10   Link #7907
Xion Valkyrie

That Cinematic is probably one of the biggest teases ever. Turns out to be just her dream huh? We don't know anything more about the game at all =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 15:25   Link #7908
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

were Ultralisks suppose to be this big? I thought they were bigger then Siege Tanks but not that much bigger.

and yes, give us a goddam movie already.
Old 2013-01-22, 16:11   Link #7909
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
were Ultralisks suppose to be this big? I thought they were bigger then Siege Tanks but not that much bigger.

and yes, give us a goddam movie already.
It could just be the extra-large breed that always existed in the single player storyline. As we know, the people in the cutscenes have toys the rest of us don't get.
Old 2013-01-22, 16:27   Link #7910
Kyuu
=^^=

Those damned Zerg swarms... I swear...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 23:41   Link #7911
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It could just be the extra-large breed that always existed in the single player storyline. As we know, the people in the cutscenes have toys the rest of us don't get.
yeah. the omegalisks. the leviathan was also shown i think.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:50   Link #7912
willx
Nyaaan~~

I just noticed that some of the footage shown here is recycled from the Heart of the Swarm preview trailer that we had seen previously .. which is kinda annoying ..
Old 2013-01-22, 23:59   Link #7913
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Well, units in sc2 aren't really drawn to scale... when's the last time you shoot down a battlecruiser and the whole map just blows up?

Whoever is playing terran in that cinematic really suck. Why would you land a single viking vs ultraling? In the video his marine tank forces clearly was caught unsieged and he also let a nydus go off. He should also know that it is impossible to run from ultraling so instead of retreating he should just have held the ground and try to kill off as many zerg units as possible.

Also, why are the tanks parked in a wide open area instead of trying to hold the choke created by buildings? Feels like terran who just park all their marine tank in the middle of antiga then just get surrounded by zerg from all sides.

The cinematic makes me feel that Kerrigan cannot be saved. This is fine by me though: as I like playing the bad guy.

What really frustrates me is that this is all too familiar: I feel the HotS campaign will be just like the broodwar zerg campsign where Kerrigan just rounds up the zerg then betrays everyone...

My fav part is when the ultralisk just steps over the tank. Ultralisk OP "irl".

Sad that they didn't pick some of my favorite moments in WoL: would love to see a group of marines walk down the street to investigate the pod only to be blown up by a burrowed baneling.... then as the rest of the units runs away a fungal lands on them and the banelings come rollng in...

I remember doing the whole sc1 campaign using pretty much only mutaling. I am curious to see what I can pull in the HotS campaign.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 00:14   Link #7914
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The cinematic makes me feel that Kerrigan cannot be saved. This is fine by me though: as I like playing the bad guy.
I don't see how Kerrigan needed to be "saved". she isn't particularly evil in relation to the rest of the cast. At the very least she is no devil. The dream just comes from the fact that her human self never got over the fact that she was betrayed for nothing.

In the end the Zerg Brood are a mindless organic collective that would respond to the right kind of suggestion. The fact that Hydralisks are now hunted as a sport means without direct commands, the Zerg revert to being animals.

Kerrigan played the betrayal card too often already. It just doesn't work any more. In fact I expect her to stop playing that game, as betrayal only works if the other side trusted you.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:18   Link #7915
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Viking is totally wrong. It doesn't fire enough missiles and should have a single gatling pod instead of two gatling guns.

And I didn't know that siege tanks can drive that fast.
When you have that many zerg coming after you....you find another gear in that tank .

But damn I do love these cinematics they are just pure awesome to watch . It does remind you of the actual scale at play. Forget how huge battlecruisers are supposed to be.

I don't even think Blizzard should just make a SC movie, just release a full hour of cinematics showing just one huge battle and that would be enough .

As to the game itself, sure I'm picking it up on day one. I mean for better or worse I did get into the WOL campaign and curious to see what happens here. Though I still feel like Blizzard should have found a way to retain those 'Commander' type characters we represented in the original games.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:08   Link #7916
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

What I want is for Blizzard to insert much more "random cut-scenes" showing the SC2 world that might not have direct relation to the single player storyline.

Like back in SC1, with the two solders who run over a zergling with their car. Or that time when the demolition team tried to blow up a science vessel. Something down to earth, like seeing what it's like to drive a siege tank.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:17   Link #7917
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I can agree with that. The WoL cutscenes were lackluster because they felt so out of touch... and plastic. Though that may summarize Blizzard in general these days.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 19:40   Link #7918
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Given how good the cinematic looked it the blizzard cinematic team probably spent countless of hours producing something like that. Having such high quality cut scenes in game would probably deplete all of Blizzard's resources.

I recall one of the regrets someone had with warcraft 3 is that they did not have time to draw the cinametics of the Arthas vs Illidan battle.

"Kerrigan saving the universe" I thought was suppose to be the big idea behind WoL. Although tbh, I expect Zeratul to show up and tell Raynor "wtf man, how is she going to save us if she is powerless? The xelnaga Artifact is actually a trap to neutralize Kerrigan.".

The WoL campaign felt rather short and divided into small unrelated chunks: I hope they do a much better job in HotS. I still recall the disappointment towards the end as nothing seem to have developed or resolved.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 20:04   Link #7919
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
That Cinematic is probably one of the biggest teases ever. Turns out to be just her dream huh? We don't know anything more about the game at all =/
Her dream is to take revenge against Mengsk. And that is the Dominion homeworld right there.

@ Lowegear & Flareknight- LOL.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 16:56   Link #7920
Kyuu
=^^=

XD

Spoiler:

Hero BC as the anti-cheese. Delicious.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows