Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-29, 05:00   Link #961
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Because it wasn't through her brain.
Oh, so she would have to get stabbed through the brain and through the chest at the same time in order to die? I guess that just makes her immortal...until someone dissects her vertically...unless she has another mini-me in one of her wrists, you never know :O

Quote:
But she did offer to join up... At the expense of abandoning or killing White Chaika. Plus on the only similar goal they have is to gather the pieces, but it's clear Red Chaika has other plans after that.
We never got to know what the red group wanted to do though...anyway, I'll leave this one, assuming that guy is the one issuing the Gaz hunt - hopefully this will be explained in S2.

Quote:
Well you know what they say about one trick ponies.
Yeah =/
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 05:08   Link #962
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
She herself said that stabbing her through the brain (in particular near where her horn is in dragon form) is the way to kill her. After she was defeated by having exactly that done to her by Toru she developed the two layer system. She is a shapechanger, of course, so can do strange stuff like this (though prolly most viewers were not expecting the two layer thing, even if it makes sense in a way).

Essentially she IS overpowered. That's because she is a dragoon, who are the most powerful of the magic beasts in that setting. This was mentioned early on in the eps if I remember right.

The aim of the red group was to gather the remains and use them as tools to help Chaika Bogdan take revenge on those who fought against and those who deserted Emperor Gaz by killing them all in turn. Pretty straightforward. She wanted the others to help with that. Except Chaika Trabant - her she wanted dead.

I don't think there are many humans in the series that could take a direct hit from the warhammer to the skull and live - no matter how skilled a wizard is in mind control magic stuff like that is not much help against an angry, grudge-bearing trained killer smashing your head in with her weapon of choice. :\
Old 2014-06-29, 06:32   Link #963
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Oh, so she would have to get stabbed through the brain and through the chest at the same time in order to die? I guess that just makes her immortal...until someone dissects her vertically...unless she has another mini-me in one of her wrists, you never know :O
To be exact she has to be stabed through here brain IN her chest to die.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 06:44   Link #964
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
She herself said that stabbing her through the brain (in particular near where her horn is in dragon form) is the way to kill her. After she was defeated by having exactly that done to her by Toru she developed the two layer system. She is a shapechanger, of course, so can do strange stuff like this (though prolly most viewers were not expecting the two layer thing, even if it makes sense in a way).

Essentially she IS overpowered. That's because she is a dragoon, who are the most powerful of the magic beasts in that setting. This was mentioned early on in the eps if I remember right.

The aim of the red group was to gather the remains and use them as tools to help Chaika Bogdan take revenge on those who fought against and those who deserted Emperor Gaz by killing them all in turn. Pretty straightforward. She wanted the others to help with that. Except Chaika Trabant - her she wanted dead.

I don't think there are many humans in the series that could take a direct hit from the warhammer to the skull and live - no matter how skilled a wizard is in mind control magic stuff like that is not much help against an angry, grudge-bearing trained killer smashing your head in with her weapon of choice. :\
I guess all the Chaikas will want each other dead for some reason, probably because they all think they are the real one, while the real one is in fact dead.
(making Dominica's death a lot less sad to me; On the other hand no one knows about the real chaika's personality).

As for the warhammer, it didn't really look like she hit him too hard. It looked pretty gracious and was probably meant to knock him out - she went a lot stronger against Toru whom she had no grudge against.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 07:00   Link #965
lolzorz

As for Grad's apparently absurdly powerful mind control skills, I think a large part of it had to do with Layla's drugging abilities, which made people more susceptible to his magic.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 17:12   Link #966
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Dark comedy
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I need more of these lol
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 17:39   Link #967
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzorz View Post
As for Grad's apparently absurdly powerful mind control skills, I think a large part of it had to do with Layla's drugging abilities, which made people more susceptible to his magic.
Hmm... for some reason I totally missed the connection of Layla's drug knowledge possibly contributing to Grad's mind control. It would certainly make a lot of sense....
Old 2014-06-29, 21:05   Link #968
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Chaika's hair covering all the right places .
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 21:44   Link #969
jzmagic
flargansbog

Poor Akari, good thing she didn't see the kiss b/w her bro and Chaika
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 21:52   Link #970
Iron Maw
Banned

Finally caught up and finished. Solid finale despite some hiccups (plot contrivances, Tohru acting OC, Tohru being handed the idiot ball, etc) especially after some pretty throw away episodes like 7 and 8. Still holds as one of my top 5 shows this season through it drop from its frontrunner status it once had. There is no question watch season 2, especially this setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

Closest I found on the komica forum.

Damn scene deserves a spot on the weirdest-shit-ever list in anime history.
Oh god, that scene was so this:

Dragons are REALLLLLLY weird in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The story's not over yet, so I can't say much, other than:
1) I hope Gillete's team gets more of a role in the second season, because thus far they haven't accomplished much.
2) This season's finale should have clear and lasting consequences in the world and storyline. After all, the dead include an entire region's worth of women, the ruling family of that region, a fortress's entire contingent of soldiers, and the fortress and army sent to stop them. It'll be very disappointing if all of this was ignored, and Layla didn't actually succeed in causing instability.
I think there will be some cracks for the shaky peace the world is in (especially with warmongering leaders like that fortress commander) but since most of major damage was averted and concentrated in one region, so I'm not expecting anything immediate. I think Vivi might play a part in that conflict somewhere though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-29 at 22:34.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 03:25   Link #971
Shenlong

Finishing Chaika just made nostalgic for Scrapped Princess and curious if it'll hold up a decade later, and after rewatching the first ep.. yup.
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 03:57   Link #972
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I got a question. Why is Jasmine, Toru's older sister figure, was called Hasumin in the anime?
Old 2014-06-30, 04:09   Link #973
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I got a question. Why is Jasmine, Toru's older sister figure, was called Hasumin in the anime?
It's Engrish, dude. But some resources just don't use logics.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 05:56   Link #974
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It's Engrish, dude. But some resources just don't use logics.
Which was Engrish and a mistake? Jasmine or Hasumin?
Old 2014-06-30, 09:12   Link #975
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Which was Engrish and a mistake? Jasmine or Hasumin?
Maybe they somehow read J as an H.

Note in Spanish Jesus is read as he-Sus.

WE won't know for sure if a LN translator doesn't elaborate the original material
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 09:49   Link #976
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Maybe they somehow read J as an H.

Note in Spanish Jesus is read as he-Sus.

WE won't know for sure if a LN translator doesn't elaborate the original material
This can't be confirmed because sometimes, Japanese translation for names just like to screw the western around. Trying to romanized some names into english just doesn't seem right when an official english name was released. Sometimes translators and readers just scratch their head on how it turn into like that.

The translation release for novel use Hasmine though the manga translation is Jasmine but just like what you explain. J can be read as H sometimes so not sure on what is the actual translation unless an official name was release in english.
Old 2014-07-02, 01:15   Link #977
OkamiNoKaze

Like others I love how short the fights against the kid and the mage were, especially the mage, a simple "thud"
Old 2014-07-02, 12:35   Link #978
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Chaika's hair covering all the right places .
Aw man, just noticed the image is not a proper full scan, a bit of the sides are missing. Also part of the bottom but that's water only so no big deal.

dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 13:24   Link #979
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Licensed by Sentai: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-titles/.76300
Old 2014-07-06, 16:02   Link #980
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Those Left Behind

I won't say good-bye to Chaika either, since the second season will come in autumn and there's still so much plot left to watch.

I do feel disappointed upon not reviewing the 11th episode due out of being overwhelmed for two weeks with laziness, and now the summer season has recently started. Fortunately, I managed to watch today the end of season for Chaika, and I have my thoughts for the episode.

Overall, I do feel terrible for the fate of all Chaikas, including Layla. I have this notion that each and every Chaika was created out of each of the original Chaikas' emotions. From Laylas' memories we got confirmation that the original Chaika got killed by the heroes.

Maybe I think more of the Chaikas on possible approaches on what route would the original Chaika have taken.
For example, the Red Chaika, Chaika Bohdan, feels revenge for Gaz's emperor death and wants to wreak retribution against the enemies who caused his death.

Our protagonist White Chaika, Chaika Trabant, only wants to gather the Emperor remains to give him a proper burial and feels no animosity whatsoever against the whole world.

Finally, Layla, the last Chaika introduced towards the end of this season. She learned the truth, and she swirled in rage for her entire existence to be used as a tool for a yet to be revealed party. She attempted to escape her fate at being Chaika, and exacted revenge upon the current world so as to throw into chaos the plans of the "Powers that Be".
Likely, Layla was the closest at escaping from the grasp and destiny confined by those "Powers to Be"

Nevertheless, I must also take into account that ultimately both the mission, emotions, and memories for all Chaikas are pre-programmed within them by those powers.
So, up to some extent Layla escaped their fate, yet she was bound by the inevitably of that fate at being a tool, and once being used then she'll get discarded.

Of course, I do not forget Guys' words from the eleventh episode that at times there can be irregulars. I can interpret that line that the Powers are in expectation that some of the Chaikas will break off from their programmed mission and treading a different path, which will likely throw into conflict with their plans.
This was plausible with Layla learning the truth, refusing to be Chaika anymore, realizing her own existence, and exacting her revenge.

Fortunately for those powers, the plan for Layla and his cohorts failed before could start a new war and put all the world into disarray. With Layla's threat over the Powers continue to surmise, supervising, and assessing the rest of the Chaikas carrying on their programmed missions.
This is what I interpret at the scene where regardless of learning the truth from Layla, White Chaika, is still determined to carry on with her mission and continues her quest for the remains along with Toru and Akari by her side, as Guy is seen from a distance teleporting.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, magitech