AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-18, 12:13   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fucking Soun! That evil bastard had planned everything. I love that he was doubly screwed in this ep, first by Tenmaya, then by his own son. It seems to me Kinkaku was in the know but Ginkaku was oblivious to what was truly happening. There is hope for at least one of those idiot twins.

I thought Soun's death scene was beautiful so I have mixed feelings about it having been fake. I wonder how Yasaburo will react to the news. I'm glad he and Kaisei were saved, by the way.
Old 2017-06-18, 13:16   Link #142
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well that was intense. All the plot threads are finally meeting, meshing and splattering together in true Uchoten Kazoku fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Wow, what a turn of events. Brilliant episode.
These and other words of praise from other posters all rolled into one!

This really was an "edge of your seat" episode for me.

That being said ... to beat a dead horse ... can Nidaime please thoroughly humble Benten? -_-
Old 2017-06-18, 13:27   Link #143
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, that was a fantastic real edge-of-seat episode with a twist I really did not see coming.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 13:42   Link #144
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This was probably the most "action-packed" episode of Uchouten Kazoku I've seen this season and maybe ever. There were some fights in the first season but not, as I recall, at the pace of this episode. It was over in a flash.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 13:59   Link #145
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Also it seems Yasaburou got over his Kaisei-phobia by the end of the episode. That or Kaisei needs to be actually conscious for it to trigger.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 14:28   Link #146
SeaDoor

It's interesting to me how Benten's character has changed across both series. In the first she was mysterious, capricious with an obvious allure and now she has become practically irredeemable.

Kaisei being unconscious the whole episode felt like it left a hole in the episode despite how busy the episode was.
Yajiro showing up at the trick master meeting felt a bit plot forced despite being setup in the previous episode.
I have reached the point with this series where I feel there are a few characters that just need to be removed from the story. They no longer contribute to the story and seem to be present just to be an antagonist.
We still know next to nothing about the old man who heads up the Friday club.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 17:05   Link #147
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Also it seems Yasaburou got over his Kaisei-phobia by the end of the episode. That or Kaisei needs to be actually conscious for it to trigger.
Doesn't he have to see her for that to be a problem? He's always got his back to her for that whole scene so it's probably no different than when she's hiding in various items so he doesn't see her.

Though he doesn't have any problem looking at Kaisei as a ladder in season 1 in episode 6.
Old 2017-06-18, 18:34   Link #148
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I honestly thought that they will drag on the Nise-emon plot and leave Tenmaya's fake gun and the fake Kureichirou for next episode. Fortunately, Nidaime got this all cleared out, just in time for the real Kureichirou to show up and expose Soun's trickery.

I wonder how fast Yajiro was running as the fake train to reach the nomination of the Nise-emon in such a quick pace.

EDIT: Also, dat timely conversation between Souichirou and Yasaburou. Happy Father's Day.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 21:45   Link #149
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait, wasn't Kaisei the last one we see with 'dead' Soun? So she helped orchestrate his fake death, but then he still sells her off? Man that's real scummy of him.

Kaisei did say that she thought Kurei was acting weird, but I'm not too sure if that's just her covering up for her father. Like it or not, Kaisei inherited the Shimogamo blood of wanting to protect her own family, so I wouldn't put it past her to be just dropping hints as to what Kurei is rather than straight out ratting her dad out.

It's also interesting that one of the twins seems to be much softer. Maybe him being a jerk is just an act to follow in the footsteps of his twin, knowing nothing better? So that makes the Ebigusawa family not bad at all, having 3 of the siblings being of not bad disposition. Heck, the real Kurei, if anything, has even more of fools blood than even Yasaburou... usually damn lazy, but when things comes down, you can really count on him.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 22:28   Link #150
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kuresaburou, at the very least, has an identity aside from being Kurejirou's shadow. I feel that he suffers from a similar timidity as Yashiro. Yashiro, however, was given the chance to make his own road (being a beer mad scientist) compared to Kuresaburou who had been clinging to Kurejirou all this time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 23:38   Link #151
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kuresaburou, at the very least, has an identity aside from being Kurejirou's shadow. I feel that he suffers from a similar timidity as Yashiro. Yashiro, however, was given the chance to make his own road (being a beer mad scientist)
Brandy....
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 23:41   Link #152
Fairy Water

There's no way Kaisei would help with this plan don't be stupid, her family didn't even know she ran away.

Though I guess I could say goodbye to see human-form Kaisei and human-form Yasaburou standing together. That would be so cute...

Next ep is the season finale, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

That being said ... to beat a dead horse ... can Nidaime please thoroughly humble Benten? -_-
Why?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 01:02   Link #153
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Doesn't he have to see her for that to be a problem? He's always got his back to her for that whole scene so it's probably no different than when she's hiding in various items so he doesn't see her.

Though he doesn't have any problem looking at Kaisei as a ladder in season 1 in episode 6.
I think it's more that she has to be looking at him. The emotional effect of their locking eyes is what does it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 03:02   Link #154
Xiyon

Call me crazy but... I don't think Benten would have actually eaten Yasaburou. Benten wasn't with the Friday fellows when the rescue team entered-- and let's be honest, if Benten was there, the rescue wouldn't have succeeded. Here's to hoping their relationship grows in the finale.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 03:05   Link #155
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

During his "final moments" I actually really believed that Soun had finally had the realization of the futility of all his actions to that point. All the suffering he had caused, and he had finally become aware that all it ended up in was a self-destructive conclusion that swallows up everyone going down the same road.

But no. Seriously, fuck Soun. If he's more than willing to trick his own family and the entire Tanuki society by pretending to be his own son, going so far as to putting his own family in danger, then he deserves everything he's going to get. At this point it's clear he doesn't give two shits about being Trick Magister or his own family's social standing: all he wants is Yasaburo and his brother's family dead. Fuck Soun.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's either going to be Akadama or Benten who's going to get them out of the sky, one way or the other. With all the pieces now in the city, Soun's grand plan will finally unravel.

In any case, the next episode is titled the eponymous Red String of Fate. To be frank there are a lot of Red Strings of Fate going around the series right now.

Also fuck Soun. At this point the only true justice for his crimes is for him to be himself eaten by the Friday Club.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 09:25   Link #156
Fevvers
a regular van veen

That was brilliant! And that stare of fake!Kureichiro deliciously evil and intense! The question is where does Benten fall in all this? Going by how the series has been since season 1 and by the author's other works, things aren't always as they seem. Can't wait!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 10:11   Link #157
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Call me crazy but... I don't think Benten would have actually eaten Yasaburou. Benten wasn't with the Friday fellows when the rescue team entered-- and let's be honest, if Benten was there, the rescue wouldn't have succeeded. Here's to hoping their relationship grows in the finale.
You're crazy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 12:21   Link #158
ValvraveTruth

Kaisei do believe her father is dead. Thats just show how perfect the dead scene & everything until the current incident performed by Soun and Tenmaya.
Old 2017-06-19, 17:55   Link #159
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well since we knew last week that kureichiro was a fake it was always going to be soun, thats why kinaku and ginkaku were acting like saints just like his plan. I liked how Tenmaya screwed him.

I think he he faked out kaisei as well on purpose, but don't think that he knew that she had ran away from her room when he told Tenmaya where yasaburo was.

Seems like the real kureichiro doesn't see eye to eye with his dad so will like to see this elaborated on. Though was Suon just going to pretend to be the trick master as kureichiro the whole time?

While the plan was working to get rid of the shimogamo family, was he going to be satisfied that he was finally the trick master but they would only call him by his son's name and not his own?

Wonder how much kinkaku and ginkaku know about their dad's plan.

Yaichiro and Yajiro were both great this ep. Poor Yashiro and mom are trapped again. Just hoping Kaisei wakes up. Benten was awfully conspicuous after crying before eating yasaburo. Wonder what Akadama sensei would have done if he knew yasaburo was captured.
Old 2017-06-19, 22:01   Link #160
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Believe me, as someone who was pro-Kaisei when all you guys were gushing over Benten first season (I kid I kid ), I of all people want to believe Kaisei is completely guilt free of this scheme. But fact of the matter is she is still the last one who was with the supposedly dead Soun.. she has A LOT of explaining to do in the next episode towards Yasaburo. Sure she might not have planned both of them getting tanuki-napped, but I'd like to hear how she was NOT involved at all with Soun faking his death.

Yeah, her holing herself up in the factory since 'Kaisei's Secret' episode doesn't help her case either. Probably felt guilty as hell, and saw the chance to 'elope' when Yasaburo was cast out of Tanuki society. Soun of course knew that was going to happen, so he staged to have the only person who knew he faked his death to be killed by the Friday Fellows. Yasaburo was just an added bonus.

As for Benten, no, I do think she would've eaten Yasaburo if he was cooked; her love is twisted that way. But she likes him enough not to get in the way of his escape, so that's something at least.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, fantasy races, modern day comedy, p.a. works