Notices

Old 2008-09-18, 23:44   Link #801
Hellbore

Holy Crap it looks like a Mega-VF-27

Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:54   Link #802
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Soooo....Are we looking at a possible Leon vs. Grace, vs. Bobby, Macross robot fight?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:41   Link #803
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Now that would be impressive.. but why do I have the feeling the final episode will be too short for the content Kawamori wants to cram into it?
Paul Hausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 01:44   Link #804
ReddyRedWolf

Based on the images I think we can safely say that Battle Galaxy is at the top.
City Galaxy itself is modeled after the Megaroad concept. If I'm correct those are ARMD docks.

Spoiler for Macross Galaxy Images:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 15:57   Link #805
Danish78
Thread Lurker

So for a checklist of expected mecha action in ep25 it would be:
Battle Frontier
Battle Galaxy
Full Armor VF-25F/S

feel free to add more to the list.
Danish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:13   Link #806
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish78 View Post
So for a checklist of expected mecha action in ep25 it would be:
Battle Frontier
Battle Galaxy
Full Armor VF-25F/S

feel free to add more to the list.
VF-27
Macross Quarter...

It seems its out-of-control NUNS vs out-of-control NUNS.. Both Macross gunship will probably charge their main BFG as thier end game move.

A replay of Macross Battle 13’s perhaps..

Where's Macross Battle 7 to fix these out-of-control NUNS?...

Last edited by encia; 2008-09-19 at 16:28.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:44   Link #807
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
VF-27
Macross Quarter...

It seems its out-of-control NUNS vs out-of-control NUNS.. Both Macross gunship will probably charge their main BFG as thier end game move.

A replay of Macross Battle 13’s perhaps..

Where's Macross Battle 7 to fix these out-of-control NUNS?...
And Basara!

I'm wondering if we will see another Macross fleet or a NUNS fleet... depends on who Cathy sent that message to...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:19   Link #808
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What saddens me is, not enough Destriod mechas in action. I love the ground pounders more than flyboys.
Old 2008-09-20, 00:54   Link #809
Danish78
Thread Lurker

<sigh> yeah, no destroids.
I was so hoping that the Frontier fleet would at least make a landing on the Vajra world enabling a panzer thrust with Destroids towards the Vajra queen's lair. Maybe even with long-range artillery support from Koenig Monsters. Sadly with just one episode to go the only Destroid we may see in ep25 is Canaria's VB-6.
Old 2008-09-20, 09:35   Link #810
Daigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
What saddens me is, not enough Destriod mechas in action. I love the ground pounders more than flyboys.
How would they be incorporated? This anime mostly takes place in space, only a few times have there been ground battles.
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:08   Link #811
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish78 View Post
<sigh> yeah, no destroids.
I was so hoping that the Frontier fleet would at least make a landing on the Vajra world enabling a panzer thrust with Destroids towards the Vajra queen's lair. Maybe even with long-range artillery support from Koenig Monsters. Sadly with just one episode to go the only Destroid we may see in ep25 is Canaria's VB-6.
On a side note, while I can see why aircraft and space fighters are sexy, I find the way anime directors overlook land battles a bit funny. You know, there's that old joke: two Russische panzer generals meet in Paris and one of them asks the other: "So, who's won the air war, comrade"? Sure, Yukikaze is one damn hot plane, sure, Gundams shine in space, sure, Valkyries look best shining with the light of Itano Circuses reflected off their canopies, but I'm tired of all that flair and fanfare.

Fortunately, there are exceptions. "Votoms", Ja!
Old 2008-09-20, 13:34   Link #812
Danish78
Thread Lurker

I've been meaning to watch that (Votoms). Is it any good? <kidding>
Kinda followed the Gulf wars so I do appreciate the value of fast armor units in taking land and holding positions. Seriously hoping the next Macross re-introduces new Destroid designs (aside from anti-air units).

Last edited by Danish78; 2008-09-20 at 13:34. Reason: typo
Old 2008-09-20, 13:53   Link #813
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
On a side note, while I can see why aircraft and space fighters are sexy, I find the way anime directors overlook land battles a bit funny. You know, there's that old joke: two Russische panzer generals meet in Paris and one of them asks the other: "So, who's won the air war, comrade"? Sure, Yukikaze is one damn hot plane, sure, Gundams shine in space, sure, Valkyries look best shining with the light of Itano Circuses reflected off their canopies, but I'm tired of all that flair and fanfare.

Partially explains why people like 008th MS Team so much.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:54   Link #814
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

First, Votoms is good. Watch it. An instant classic, together with "Legend of Galactic Heroes".

Second, while a Macross show focusing on land battles would be nice, what I'd love to see is a stand alone anime with tanks and infantry in the spotlight. Miyazaki managed to make two mangas, one with Otto Carius himself (albeit in porcine form), so it's doable.
Old 2008-09-20, 14:08   Link #815
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Man, I really have to catch up on my anime watching. Thanks for the recommendation. Will watch Votoms soon.
Old 2008-09-20, 14:30   Link #816
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well, a good anime series on World War II armoured unit is possible. If they can made panty showing half girl half plane in anime, I can't see why they cannot make a serious, realistic World War II tank anime series.

Hahahhaha
Old 2008-09-20, 15:49   Link #817
Daigo

Quote:

Since when did anime overlook land battles? Escaflowne had mostly ground battles. So did Evangelion. There are plenty of animes that focus on battles on the ground. Just not the latest Macross.

Macross focuses on variable fighters, so most battles, logically, take place in the air or in space. That's just how the anime is. In Macross Frontier, it takes place in and around space colonies. Where exactly would you put a ground battle? So far, they landed on a planet only once before, and now they are going to fight around the Vajira homeplanet. So there weren't many opportunities for ground battles during the series. Not to mention no one is really trying to capture territory, so holding ground with land units isn't really necessary.

I'm also not sure how Gundams "shine in space". Even ignoring the fact that larger space ships would be more logical than one man vehicles, I don't see the point in the humanoid form.
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:55   Link #818
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Well, a good anime series on World War II armoured unit is possible. If they can made panty showing half girl half plane in anime, I can't see why they cannot make a serious, realistic World War II tank anime series.

Hahahhaha
Nope. It is impossible. You can't cram loli or moe girls into a realistic, gritty movie on World War II. Hence, Japanese animation studios will not make one, because it shall remain a niche production, unless some miracle happens.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:30   Link #819
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Nope. It is impossible. You can't cram loli or moe girls into a realistic, gritty movie on World War II. Hence, Japanese animation studios will not make one, because it shall remain a niche production, unless some miracle happens.
They-ve done Zipang, The Cockpit, Silent Service. What is needed itçs a good mangaka who make a good history , and later it can be animated.
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:20   Link #820
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
NEVER underestimate the power of otaku fanservice. If they can find a way, they will.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote