AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 06:29   Link #181
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
There's also the guys at Mugi's music shop
Ah, yeah! Totally forgot about those guys. I only watched that episode a week ago, too...
Old 2010-04-12, 06:40   Link #182
sunwen

K-on! is Yuri utopia where guys are excluded by female director.
Old 2010-04-12, 06:53   Link #183
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

The ironically named Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! did the same thing. All-girl school; no need to waste time drawing guys. Although they did have a male teacher, and the lead had an older brother. (Highly recommended to fans of K-ON!, by the way. It's my favourite "moe" series of all time, like an Enid Blyton book in anime form, only less racist.)
Old 2010-04-12, 07:47   Link #184
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
There was also the backstage guy at the concert house in the OVA (episode #14). He gave the girls their backstage passes. He's the only adult (or at least, teenage) male in the series so far, to my recollection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
There's also the guys at Mugi's music shop
Lawlz.... I forgot those men too.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:07   Link #185
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Offtopic: Wow, someone gave me a double smite for having a K-ON!! avatar. o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-12, 09:56   Link #186
Peanutbutter

Watched this a second time, and for some reason, I feel that Mio is balding, i.e, her forehead is too high.

It's not that obvious in the ED, but in the actual episode, you do see a lot of her forehead where her hair should be.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:30   Link #187
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Must be all the stress she's under...
Old 2010-04-12, 12:10   Link #188
AlitY

I on the whole enjoyed the first episode the OP was a bit different almost like a vocaloid song but the animation in it was good. To be honest it looks like it's just gonna be exactly the same as the first series with mild comedy and lots of cute moments.
Old 2010-04-12, 16:11   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Watched this a second time, and for some reason, I feel that Mio is balding, i.e, her forehead is too high.

It's not that obvious in the ED, but in the actual episode, you do see a lot of her forehead where her hair should be.
The animators probably drew it to illustrate the hot lesbian relationship between her and Ritsu for certain animation reasons. Don't fret too much about it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-12, 16:35   Link #190
Chocolate Pocky

I Just realized that the "dark Mio" reminds me of a bug... she has the annteneas and lil wings.....
Old 2010-04-12, 17:03   Link #191
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
dont worry...

there's no such thing in anime such as balding haha....
Old 2010-04-12, 20:48   Link #192
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Offtopic: Wow, someone gave me a double smite for having a K-ON!! avatar. o.o
Offtopic: I have to admit your avie is awesome. (but it wasn't me)
Old 2010-04-13, 02:52   Link #193
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky View Post
I Just realized that the "dark Mio" reminds me of a bug... she has the annteneas and lil wings.....
I think that's the whole purpose. I have yet to understand the symbolism, though.
Old 2010-04-13, 06:22   Link #194
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

The video is probably set after the band tire of touring and retire to their private studio, to make several lurid and incomprehensible (but musically incredible) albums.
Old 2010-04-13, 08:48   Link #195
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
The video is probably set after the band tire of touring and retire to their private studio, to make several lurid and incomprehensible (but musically incredible) albums.
lol i say they should just start touring right after they graduate and then wait for Azu nyan to gradate and her join the cute. Who wouldnt love all girl cute band that sings about fluff.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:53   Link #196
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Back from vacation getting microwaved under 42C heat for two weeks and a dreary turbulent plane ride home, I made it a point to watch K-On! first and foremost for Spring 2010.

That said, judging from the way Yui Hirasawa was jamming on Gitah at the start, it may be accurate to say that the Goddess of Fucking Rock is here to stay, and the rest of the episode says it will be better than the first season, which is always a damn good thing.

Currently the bonus for me is the minimal moewhoring and minimal over-the-top comedy. Those are always good things.

I'm not too sure but I was actually genuinely touched by them singing their school anthem. Before and after that of course Yui getting the flowers into her pocket and singing the anthem with enthusiasm, which to me might be a sign of things to come. Being seniors they have one more year to rock my brains out. Here's to hoping for that.

In a strange bit of irony Yui sort of hit the nail on said head at the end regarding the show when one considers what viewers like me tend to fault it on most of the time: that ultimately it's still about a group of friends in a band enjoying high school through their music.

For me, of course, having more music to balance off the slice-of-life and the moe would make the series seriously awesome.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:37   Link #197
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm not too sure but I was actually genuinely touched by them singing their school anthem. Before and after that of course Yui getting the flowers into her pocket and singing the anthem with enthusiasm, which to me might be a sign of things to come.
I completely agree. I've heard people say it bored them, but I was really touched by it. As someone who grew up reading Enid Blyton books, I've always had a soft spot for students showing pride in their school. The best school anthem in an anime has to be the one in Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!, which later gets a rock reprise by that school's keion club. I wouldn't be shocked if the same thing happened in K-ON!!, later in the series.
Old 2010-04-18, 07:54   Link #198
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

i chuckled when tsumugi wore a shamisen-resembling mascot costume >_>
Old 2010-04-20, 06:29   Link #199
thirdlc

This is the first time Horiguchi failed to attract me. I'm completely disappointed and don't have the energy to do one of my favorite pastimes, guessing the next animation director by the preview.
Old 2010-09-04, 23:26   Link #200
Bullet2k4

I decided to watch yui's awesome solo again.Theres one thing that occurs during yui's solo that i dont think many have realized. During the solo yui starts doing some mouthing noises sound like ummmmm errrrr.Just before she starts the windmill she goes la la laaaa which sounds like she humming one of the HTT songs but i dont know which. Its very faint buts its there if you listen very closely.I use an external DAC to headphone amp which helped me hear this.
Closed Thread