Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-29, 22:55   Link #3221
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
If Stanford looses to USC in overtime, I am going to cry. Or, at least the man equivalent to crying.

And, damn my Badgers. They were never as good as their ranking, but they should not have had trouble with such a bad Ohio State team.
OSU with Adams and Herron back is VERY good. They are going to win the division, I think. And I am going to proceed to vomit. It makes me sick that they are going to win in a year where they should be getting RAPED by the NCAA.

I just cannot see Penn State beating them in three weeks.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:17   Link #3222
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

They're not eligible for the post-season, so does that mean that the 2nd place team will get their BCS Bid if they win the conference?

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-10-29 at 23:33.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:16   Link #3223
solomon

Yea Stanford!

That GT-Clemson game was damn surprising. i thought the Tigers had it.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:25   Link #3224
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
They're not eligible for the post-season, so does that mean that the 2nd place team will get their BCS Bid if they win the conference?
The way I understand it, any team that is ineligible for post-season can not play in the B10 championship game. That said, I haven't been following Ohio State's sanctions very well. Did the NCAA make their decision already and rule them ineligible? I hadn't heard that.

All the pundits are saying Ohio State has a chance at the championship game, which doesn't sound like they've been ruled ineligible for the post-season. Yet.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 01:18   Link #3225
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

So I decided to this again this week, what do you think?

Indianapolis at Tennessee, Winner: Tennessee. Justification: Obvious. Indianapolis has high standards to aspire to in the "Suck for Luck" competition, so they can't afford a win here.

New Orleans at St. Louis, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: What I said for Indianapolis also applies for St. Louis, so Obvious.

Miami at New York (Giants), Winner: Miami. Justification: My contrarian pick of the week, because strange things sometimes happen.

Los Angeles at Carolina, Winner: Carolina. Justification: though the Dons aren't all that likely to move to LA until 2013, they still suck so this is a loss for them. This also makes the NFC South look a bit more feisty.

Arizona at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: Ravens have no offense, but the Cards have nothing…

Jacksonville at Houston, Winner : Houston. Justification: The Texans are going to make the playoffs this year, a win here supports the narrative I have going.

Washington at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: Buffalo has no Defense, but the Redskins aren't going anywhere…

Detroit at Denver, Winner: Detroit. Justification: Detroit finally manages to get it's fifth win, but since it'll be a narrow victory coming at the end of the game, there'll still be this big feeling of inadequacy surrounding the Lions franchise. Meanwhile said narrow loss win only inflate Tebow's strange legend in Denver even further.

New England at Pittsburgh, Winner: New England. Justification: Rapistburger can't into Tom Brady, and also expect Pittsburgh to begin a three game losing streak here.

Cleveland at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: The Browns are shit, expect the Niners to give 'em a good bashing.

Cincinnati at Seattle, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Will people stop treating the Seahawks as anything but the mediocre team that they are?

Dallas at Philadelphia, Winner: Nobody. Justification: Both teams are shit, so who gives a fuck? Expect Choko to throw at least three interceptions and for Philadelphia's fans to riot in the stands while nobody cares.

San Diego at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: The AFC West is a charnel house, and the Chargers aren't good enough to dominate the division anymore, a loss here would leave the division up for grabs for everyone halfway through the season.

Last edited by FDW; 2011-10-30 at 02:13.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 03:35   Link #3226
Samari
World's Greatest

This weeks games aren't that interesting for the second straight week. I can't wait until there are no more byes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 03:43   Link #3227
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
This weeks games aren't that interesting for the second straight week. I can't wait until there are no more byes.
There are a few good ones, the ones that have real consequences that is…
Old 2011-10-30, 10:19   Link #3228
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Where did people get the idea that they're ineligible for the post-season? You're not the only person I've heard say that the last few days.

OSU has not had any sanctions levied against them. They self-imposed some retroactive sanctions, but nothing proactive.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 12:05   Link #3229
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmm, seems Australian TV agree that this is a weak schedule for this week. They normally do 3 games a week but this week they only picked up Dallas - Philadelphia for screening at a proper time. 2 other games got shunted to ungodly hours on Tuesday...for Nascar. *facepalm*
Old 2011-10-30, 15:22   Link #3230
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

♪♫ Saints plummeting down dem powaa rankiiiiiings ♪♫T_T...
Old 2011-10-30, 15:28   Link #3231
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Good thing Ravens rally to beat Cards.
Old 2011-10-30, 15:41   Link #3232
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Good thing Ravens rally to beat Cards.
Yeah, seriously. I actually changed the channel after the Cards returned that punt for a TD because I couldn't stand watching them flounder again. If they had lost, they'd have lost every last shred of respect they had gained from week 1.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 15:41   Link #3233
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Fuck the refs. And fuck Olindo Mare too.
Old 2011-10-30, 15:56   Link #3234
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

lol @ Saints.

lol @ Tebow. 25% completion rating so far. Denver will be lucky if he is on the right side of 50%, by the time this season is done. Actually, a better bet would be if he's on the right side of 40% by season's end.

Hoping the Steelers win.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:09   Link #3235
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*blinks* Saints lost to the Rams? didn't see that one coming...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 16:52   Link #3236
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
*blinks* Saints lost to the Rams? didn't see that one coming...
And that's why we lost...Everybody was sucking our Richard this week, and we bought into the hype and faced a desperate team that didn't wanna be embarrassed...Going for it on every fourth down and $hit, making super clutch catches...The Rams was on it...

To be fair, we've played 5 f**king road games this season, thanx NFL , but still it's unexcusable how bad we played today...I even let last week's gangbang of the Colts cloud my original thinking, but Sean Payton not being on the field has hurt us as a team...The Colts must be the worst team on earth, because we lost this game just like the Tampa Game where the offensive playcalling was just so f**ked up...

Here we are down by 17 in the fourth still in base personnel, running the ball...Not once did we get into our uptempo spread offense...We can't rely on our D to win, we just can't, so our offense can't miss a beat and we were just dominated today...We're not a Super Bowl caliber team right now and deserve all the respect we've lost after this one...
Old 2011-10-30, 17:02   Link #3237
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

It was St. Louis weekend. Winning WS would do that to the city.
Old 2011-10-30, 18:43   Link #3238
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Parity is strong this year (with the exception of the Green Bay Packers).
Old 2011-10-30, 18:54   Link #3239
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It's always a good day when Tom Brady loses.

Although teams in Atlanta's division all losing kind of soured it....
Old 2011-10-30, 18:56   Link #3240
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Some surprises this week, I'll get to talking about it after the Dallas-Philadelphia game finishes…

Tags
american football, sports