AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 10:22   Link #15101
Yorae_paladin1

in bram stokers novel sun doesn't kill dracs or vampires just weakens there power considerably. Same with the video game series legacy of kain sun doesn't kill em
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:31   Link #15102
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Gotta love vampires
Quite frankly they're the alpha predator of the monster folklore world; just like us, except BETTER in nearly every way.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:33   Link #15103
Tachibana
タチバナ

Yes, love teh vampires.
Old 2010-07-09, 10:39   Link #15104
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
honestly the manga hellsing is probably closer to the original concept of vampire then most other mythos running around, few other series like Buffy are pretty good about not abusing the mythos to much.

at this point R+V vampires read more like twilight vamps... in that they mainly share blood sucking and uber powers... everything else is a butchered 'for entertainment' purposes adaption.
Even if that's the case the R+V has an interesting plot, interesting character's and even if it has moments when it isn't well ... as good as it could be, I think we can all keep a blind eye that the vampires in R+V aren't portrayed as some of us expected them to be. Personally I have nothing against them ... and well it's not like it really matter's how vampire's are portrayed in this manga ... the important matter is how they fit within the world that the author created, and for someone who's debuting as a mangaka, since from what I heard R+V is the first manga that Ikeda sensei makes ... I think he did a very good job ... so while the vampires in R+V aren't perfect, they fit within the world that Ikeda sensei created for them ... and he has managed to make a pretty good story with vampires, being one of the central things in the plot of the mangas story ... which is already pretty impressive for someone who debuts as a mangaka ... and well I don't really see the sense of further delving in this topic.

I mean it's not like it's important how the vampires are portrayed in a story ... the thing that matter's more is if the plot of the story that has vampires involved is interesting and keeps the reader interested enough so that he will stay until the end of the story ... and I think Rosario + Vampire passes that with flying colors.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 11:11   Link #15105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dude , it doesn't really matter if the vampires are like the fairies's one etc... This isn't the first time .
We can make any kind of vampires that we want like we can make any cookies .

Anyway , I'm more interested on wtf happenned to Akasha etc... and what Tsukune will do after that .

Ow and don't forgot that probably Akuha and their buddies are fighting against the others except if the time in Moka's past are 1weeks = 1mn real life .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:00   Link #15106
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And let's not forget a couple other things- Alucard, which for anyone uninformed is Dracula spelled backwards... Dracula's origins and powers/weaknesses are something that is set in stone. Sure, Hellsing tweaked him to a certain extent, but even he still had a weakness to water and was not comfortable in sunlight. And in Underworld (keep in mind I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans yet), the vampires were weak to sunlight but had no problem with water

the bottom line is... there are only some general guidelines for vampires (and supernatural creatures in general), but in the end, the author is God of their story and can tweak things however they want

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:11   Link #15107
yongshun

Wow this manga started as generic shounen Harem comedy with an occult theme to one that is a little more mature. This thread also evolved as well with more fundamental discussions then any of the ecchi parts.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:55   Link #15108
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Hell in rosario plus vampire lore it stated vampires are from the west
Hm, I don't remember seeing that mentioned in the manga.

As seen in Moka's memories, they certainly do dress in Western-style clothing. Akasha Bloodriver certainly isn't a name you'd see in Japan. They might've came from the west but I don't remember the manga saying that. It certainly is hinted at though.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 13:05   Link #15109
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Gotta love vampires
Quite frankly they're the alpha predator of the monster folklore world; just like us, except BETTER in nearly every way.
The only flaw to this theory is that vampires are AMONG the top-level predators in the supernatural world. I've seen i in one other manga, and it's been hinted at in this one, that phoenixes are even above vampires

Old 2010-07-09, 13:15   Link #15110
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The only flaw to this theory is that vampires are AMONG the top-level predators in the supernatural world. I've seen i in one other manga, and it's been hinted at in this one, that phoenixes are even above vampires
I think Kyubi(9-tail fox) is above Vampires.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 13:54   Link #15111
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I have a wild theory that there are creatures beyond the world of Earth were the Ayashi reside where there exists demons far beyond Vampires. There is some literature that states the first Vampire was originally human but was given power by Lucifer and became a Vampire. Perhaps there is a similar story behind the Vampires in R+V, and that the very first Vampire was originally human but after blending with the Demons, he became a Vampire, eventually giving rise to Alucard.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 14:06   Link #15112
ZeroForever

I didn't say the R+V universe version of vampires was horrible just that the way the series treats vampire mythos isn't much better than twilight (though I guess for outside of teenage fangirls being compared to twilight is a insult).

Also shinso more correctly translates to true ancestor (type-moon) or greater/elder vampire depending on the universe. High Daylight Walker is used in Negima because that's what Akumetsu decided to reference for that title.
Old 2010-07-09, 14:23   Link #15113
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Hahah, I wasn't meaning it literally; I wasn't directly ranking them against each others or in terms of how powerful they are in the R+V universe, because well, they're all monsters that vary in strength in varying incarnations and forms.
I simply meant Vampires are always going to be popular and high up the chain, because they sort of embody the empowered human with a dark twist, they are quite literally a better version of us with a few weaknesses to prevent them from becoming godlike. As far as popular culture goes, they're number one
[Hell if you had to become a monster, 95% of people would chose to become a Vampire or a Werewolf, lets be honest!]

@Nvis

Nine Tailed Foxes are pretty damned high up there in Japanese lore in terms of strength, as far as it goes vs Vampires, well that's a toss up dependant on the material. In terms of the R+V universe, scaling strength and drawing connections between the characters growth and enemies we've seen since, seems to suggest the vampire at least has the potential to be the stronger of the two, at an equal age/level of development.

Although it took Moka and Tsukune together to take down Kyou, Moka was weakened at that point in time from sacrificing a lot of blood to Tsukune, and Tsukune had only just awakened, not to mention Kyou was I believe older than them, meaning his powers should have developed further. Considering some of the fights since, Moka or Tsukune at thier current level would have probably be quite successful taking him on 1v1, and with the likes of Akuha, Alucard and others out there, Moka and Tsukune are definately not the last word in the limits of vampiric power/development, in thier current state.

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-07-09 at 14:40.
Old 2010-07-09, 15:51   Link #15114
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, depending on who you ask, vampires come from either Dracula or Lilith - depends on how old one wants their vamps to be. And since Lilith is considered to be the mother of all demons, not to mention in some lore, she was created before Eve was to be a wife for Adam, yeah, that's a looong time for them to be walking about.

I really don't know why vampires and werewolves have suddenly increased in popularity - I guess people in general are bored with a 'normal existance' - and these two monster types allow for a great deal of imaginations to take flight.
Old 2010-07-09, 17:15   Link #15115
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Pretty much, the world is so connected nowadays, escapism has to go further than it used to.
Being immortal would probably get a little boring though... eventually.

You could go deal with the likes of the makers of Twilight and show them what a real vampire was like...probably in hideously and obviously inhuman ways...that on the other hand would make nearly all of the drawbacks worth it, plus mugging attempts would never quite be the same again

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-07-09 at 18:05.
Old 2010-07-09, 19:54   Link #15116
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
And let's not forget a couple other things- Alucard, which for anyone uninformed is Dracula spelled backwards... Dracula's origins and powers/weaknesses are something that is set in stone. Sure, Hellsing tweaked him to a certain extent, but even he still had a weakness to water and was not comfortable in sunlight. And in Underworld (keep in mind I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans yet), the vampires were weak to sunlight but had no problem with water

the bottom line is... there are only some general guidelines for vampires (and supernatural creatures in general), but in the end, the author is God of their story and can tweak things however they want
Er.... not really. In Hellsing, Alucard can pass over water safely (Seras was a problem initially, because she hadn't sucked a soul into her yet. She needed to travel in a coffin). He also could walk in sunlight but chose not to, as he doesn't like it. Wasn't comfortable, yes. But, force him to fight in broad daylight and he will. Also, in Underworld, vamps are weak to light, even moonlight.

As for this chapter, all I can say is: true vamps can regen like mad. Only sure way to kill them is to grind them into a paste, burn it and scatter the ashes.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:45   Link #15117
khprincessh

so every one thinks moka lives in the west part of japan.
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 23:29   Link #15118
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

The only thing I know about Alucard and being weak to water is that
Spoiler for Hellsing spoiler:

and vampires have probably risen in popularity thanks to Twilight... at least for teenage fangirls. Otherwise, I guess it's just a cycle, in that they go out of popularity for while, and then become popular again, rinse and repeat

Old 2010-07-09, 23:51   Link #15119
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
I didn't say the R+V universe version of vampires was horrible just that the way the series treats vampire mythos isn't much better than twilight (though I guess for outside of teenage fangirls being compared to twilight is a insult).
The vampires in R+V are considered Japanese vampires. The rules for Japanese vampires are vastly different from those of the more common Western variety: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...esAreDifferent. Look under the Anime/Manga section for a brief explanation of the differences between Japanese and Western vampires. Generally, Japanese vampires are living, supernatural beings with heart beats. They can get injured, bleed and die through human means - getting shot, severe internal bleeding, excessive blood loss, etc.

While the vampires R+V stick rather closely to Japanese vampire lore, there are animes and mangas that have vampires that follow Western vampire lore entirely or are a mix of both Japanese and Western lore.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 03:11   Link #15120
khprincessh

moka is sixteen years old and in 10th grade right? um for a vampire is moka going to have a great cool party u no sense shes a vampire like to mean that u are a woman i no she had that cool 10 year old b day party to mean older u no (LADY MOKA) that driver was callin her.
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire