AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 03:33   Link #1021
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Do we even have credible sources for 19 onwards at all?

- Tak
Kresphy on MW Forum posted it on 7/24/08. Here's his original post.

I haven't been able to independently source it yet, but Kresphy has been very reliable in the past. So I'd consider it legit unless/until proven otherwise.
Old 2008-07-27, 03:40   Link #1022
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Kresphy on MW Forum posted it on 7/24/08. Here's his original post.

I haven't been able to independently source it yet, but Kresphy has been very reliable in the past. So I'd consider it legit unless/until proven otherwise.
Oh, well in that case, I have nothing further to add, your honor.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 06:32   Link #1023
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah Kresphy has been very reliable, I've been posting his episode titles and synopsis in this thread since episode 10. Of course he could really troll people with the last few synopsis's if he wanted to lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
I just looked at it, kind of was liek what? Refreshed the page, and it changed. The ranka dies thing is gone. So sad, how can Sheryl stop singing!!! Sheryl needs to sing!!! Diamond Crevasse needs to be heard
Well

Spoiler for 18-20:
Old 2008-07-27, 07:17   Link #1024
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Doesn't Sheryl normally write her own songs? Northern Cross is most likely written by her because it's her feelings toward a certain someone but I'm not sure about Lion... don't think Ranka can compose though
Old 2008-07-27, 07:20   Link #1025
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah that's what I'm saying, Ranka doesn't write her own stuff, she just knows Aimo in her head and everything else is covers and stuff written by everyone else. So no chance of Lion in 20 for that reason alone imo, has to be NC. Maybe another telepathic communication like in 7 though... lmao. Lion's probably going to be used near the end of the series in the show.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:47   Link #1026
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Sheryl not wanting to sing anymore kind of reminds me of Minmay, especially in DYRL, because she was heartbroken.

I guess we know what Hikaru did to convince her to sing again.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:50   Link #1027
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Sheryl not wanting to sing anymore kind of reminds me of Minmay, especially in DYRL, because she was heartbroken.

I guess we know what Hikaru did to convince her to sing again.
Except Minmei's songs were songs to save the world. Sheryl's songs, on the other hand, have no impact on humanity's enemies.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 13:42   Link #1028
ReddyRedWolf

On the new Quadraluun pilot.

I know it somewhat a typical anime cliche that the younger sibling would replace their older sibling that died but I think Raramia may have a younger sister.

I been watching episode 10 and the actress that Ranka replaced for Mao's role looks like a younger version of Raramia.
Old 2008-07-27, 14:21   Link #1029
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
On the new Quadraluun pilot.

I know it somewhat a typical anime cliche that the younger sibling would replace their older sibling that died but I think Raramia may have a younger sister.

I been watching episode 10 and the actress that Ranka replaced for Mao's role looks like a younger version of Raramia.
Unless Meltrans are born knowing how to pilot a QR (are they?), I don't think it'd be likely.

Maybe they cloned Raramia? It's not like there's a real big stigma against cloning people to adult-hood. Zentradi were apparently doing it for thousands of years.
Old 2008-07-27, 20:31   Link #1030
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Periodically those of us on the internet gets the admonished about not relying on Wikipeidia too much. Some times inaccurate information do get on it, but I am saddened to see it showing up in the Macross Frontier page.

Spoiler:

LOL wiki got messed with again
Spoiler for wiki:
Old 2008-07-27, 20:48   Link #1031
ReddyRedWolf

Sigh... Trolls
Old 2008-07-27, 22:22   Link #1032
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Sigh... Trolls
Correction.

Trolls who hates Ranka

- Tak

Old 2008-07-27, 22:38   Link #1033
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
LOL wiki got messed with again
Spoiler for wiki:
First time was amusing, but second time was just getting lame. Third timers are probably just desperate for attention.

Spoiler for 21:

My take on Sheryl is that, she's going to stand up to Galaxy side by side with Ranka in the end. This is the best outcome I can think of if the staff really want to push the TV Minmei vs DYRL Minmei character dynamics. So Sheryl might look sidelined for now, but she certainly has something on her sleeve---like the fold quartz on her earring.
Old 2008-07-27, 22:43   Link #1034
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler for 21:
Although some of us believe Ranka should just be... who she is, the innocent lass who sang in malls and parks.

But do remember, she was looking for fame, and now she got it. She had been searching for a way to be like Sheryl, she found it, grabbed onto it, and certainly, by the look of things, surpassed it.

Pride is a sin

- Tak

Old 2008-07-28, 02:04   Link #1035
MaiHikari

Ranka sings because she loves to sing. She loves it when people listen to her singing. When she realizes this, she'll probably chose to stop being a tool of war.

I agree that Sheryl and Ranka will probably sing together toward the end. Hence the new op. And it will probably be something cheezy like singing for peace of the universe.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:07   Link #1036
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Usually it's cheesy, but if they could pull off something like Minmei singing Do You Remember Love, then we have another classic ending.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:51   Link #1037
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

DYRL was cool and all, but it was no Basara/Sivil/Gepperuniti 'Try again.'
Old 2008-07-28, 13:48   Link #1038
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

(*moved post to more suitable place*)
Pardon my interruption again. I have something to show to my fellow Macross fans.
Spoiler for himitsu:
Old 2008-07-28, 14:51   Link #1039
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
(*moved post to more suitable place*)
Pardon my interruption again. I have something to show to my fellow Macross fans.
Spoiler for himitsu:
lol when i saw that (which i just watched that episode not to long ago.... like... maybe 2 hours ago....) i was like "O_o uhhhhhhh ok...... ummmm so..... when did Macross get involved in the rebellion?"
Old 2008-07-28, 14:56   Link #1040
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

^ hah if they brought Valks to the fight it would be completely unfair. Lolz why doez your frame not fly and is slow LOL.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers