AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 23:09   Link #261
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Rewatching with subs...I still thought that scene with Konatsu barging in on her brother in the bath was unnecessary...perhaps my problem is more with the girl in general. Hopefully she will become more grounded in later episodes, since right now she is exuding too much energy relative to the rest of the characters.

But otherwise my points are still the same. The animation was overall solid with some awkward movements here and there. The plot points were everywhere, but I suspect they'll find some way to tie it all up. I wonder how the pregnant teacher thingy is going to tie in though, if at all.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:12   Link #262
Vena
Carpe Diem

Swing swing swing.

Swing swing swing.
Old 2012-07-01, 23:18   Link #263
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
For those not fully versed in their P.A works history , here's what the choir was singing,I hope it's in the OST!!

Very nice start,can't decide on if I like pony or twintails more,maybe twintails with the way she wears that hat!

Like both the OP and ED,lovely work by the VAs all around,nice animation,nice setup to how all these guys end up together,looking fotward to more.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-07-02 at 00:48.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:56   Link #264
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I hope that'll be on the OST too because not only did I enjoy the said anime in the link, but I love the anime opening/song to no end. A really beautiful song. When I heard it in this episode I just jumped with joy because...well Eufonius is just amazing.
Old 2012-07-02, 00:57   Link #265
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Miyamoto stole the show for me. When her legs started quivering and she tried to stop it with her hand, I knew I was sold for the show. Her singing publicly to try to combat her stage fright was just icing on the cake. Plus, her casual attire gets plus points from my moe metre, as lace hemmed skirts then zettai ryouiki later on was a double whammy.

Now if only she's also a childhood friend character, it'd be perfect! Sadly though, if it's anyone she's known since kids, it would be Sawa, so no go in that regard. Have a tinge of hope with Tanaka (as even though they're not on a first name basis, it's suspicious they aren't using honorifics with each other...), but it's a VERY long shot.

No, it seems I have to settle for Sakai and the transfer student for my romance. They have next to no interaction this episodes, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that transfer student is the one going to join her in her supplementary class.

Finally, reflectia made me nostalgic. For one, I didn't realize that Noe's VA is playing ponytail girl. And two, unlike most people, I'm wondering why they didn't get Okada here, as IMO it's right up her alley.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:45   Link #266
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, the animation is vagely familiar. Is this the same studio that did Hanasaku Iroha?

So far it looks kind of interesting, but I'm really enjoying the artwork so I'll keep checking this anime out.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:57   Link #267
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well it started off awfully slow but it got better and I think I genuinely liked it.

However I am pretty sure I could say this about almost evrey other PA works show to date. What counts is what happens after the first episodes. That's there real problem. Consistency and finishing strong.

Not going to be optimistic about it. If it's good, it's good. Otherwise, just as expected, it will be trash.

I still think the character designs and backgrounds feel like HSI rejects though.

I doubt it will keep up, but for now so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
For those not fully versed in their P.A works history , here's what the choir was singing,I hope it's in the OST!!
It seems I wasn't the only one who noticed, I don't get to feel special!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 02:57   Link #268
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Are these freebies? If so, may I use this one, please? <3 I'll change it immediately if that's a no

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 04:45   Link #269
Qilin
Romanticist

This is one pretty show, I'd say.

The characters seem likable enough for now, I'm withholding judgment for now. This has the potential to be good, but it could just as easily turn into a disappointment. I don't remember any names yet, but the transfer student's inappropriately formal mannerisms kept me entertained. The girl taking supplementary lessons obviously has some bad memories related to singing, or whatever. Let's just see how the show handles it.

All in all, this could work as a satisfactory feel-good anime for this season.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:47   Link #270
U<3Anime
Boo!

Eye candy, eye candy everywhere! Man everything is so pretty. Even the school just look straight up five stars! Just look at how squeaky clean everything looks inside! Man, its like they hired Mr. Clean as the janitor or something.

Well, it was somewhat interesting, but I'm not totally on board yet. I think I learned my lesson from hanasaku and I'm going to try to keep my expectations at a minimum this time.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:50   Link #271
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It just means you're not unique,but you're still special for noticing!
Old 2012-07-02, 05:53   Link #272
Dop
Mmmm....

While the use of Reflectia in the choir sequence (and I was thinking "Oh, oh, I know this one, what is it again?") can be seen as saving money by using a song they already had the rights to, it did give a little bit of nostalgia. Wonder if there's going to be a full performance later in the series?

Other than that, looks good, and if the guys are as much in the forefront of the series as they appear, it'll be good to have a show that doesn't revolve entirely around a single-sex group for a change.

I think I need a few more episodes to make my mind up, though.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 06:11   Link #273
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Swing swing swing.

Swing swing swing.
I'll take this, thank you.

So I went into this expecting a K-On wannabe, and was totally wrong. Very pleasantly surprised! The guys have a good presence here too, at least in first ep, I liked them being there. Will be keeping an eye on this.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 06:25   Link #274
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I'll take this, thank you.

So I went into this expecting a K-On wannabe, and was totally wrong. Very pleasantly surprised! The guys have a good presence here too, at least in first ep, I liked them being there. Will be keeping an eye on this.
expect P.A. Works anime to be a K-On wannabe? lol. P.A. Works Slice of Life anime always better than k-on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It just means you're not unique,but you're still special for noticing!
i see several people on MAL noticed it in the fist page
Old 2012-07-02, 07:14   Link #275
casval cehack

Quote:
ZHP-005 inspired hp looking good. Konatsu knows her cans.

Great pilot BTW, as expected from P.A. Works.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:35   Link #276
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
ZZZ. How boring. Terrible pilot episode. This is just Hanasucku Emoha fused with Derp-On. Typical moeshit. PA Works is selling out and becoming a second-rate Kyoani. 1/10

Spoiler for What I really think:

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-02 at 09:55. Reason: I fial at seplling and grammah
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 08:29   Link #277
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
ZZZ. How boring. Terrible pilot episode. This is just Hanasucku Emoha fused with Derp-On. Typical moeshit. PA Works is selling out and becoming a second-rate Kyoani. 1/10

you got me there, i'm thought you were serious until i'm open the spoiler
Old 2012-07-02, 08:30   Link #278
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Are these freebies? If so, may I use this one, please? <3 I'll change it immediately if that's a no
Freebies of course. Enjoy them.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:47   Link #279
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

EDIT; Nevermind -.-
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 09:20   Link #280
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

THOSE GORGEOUS SCENERIES. That's a P.A works anime, alright. Our worries about the production values for this show were apparently needless. It was very good from a technical standpoint. My only gripe is the chara design of the main girl, she looks a bit derpy to me. Others are fine.

I loved this episode. I'm very easy to please when it comes to slice of life, just give me likable characters and I'll gladly eat it with a smile on my face. Surprisingly, my favorite character in this first ep turned out to be the Teaacher, and not Nako the second (she's right behind her though). She was very fun, too bad she's probably going to leave the series soon.

Sawa's only common point with Nako is her outward appearance. Her personality is completely different. In any case, I like her. Nice personality, great fashion sense, and cool hobbies. She looked elegant on that horse. My favorite of the three main girls.

Konatsu reminded me of Ohana. Most likely because of her outgoing nature. She's lacking a bit in the spunk department though. At any rate, she was likable enough. I for one enjoyed the way she blackmailed her brother.

I'm waiting to see more of Wakana. My appreciation of her character will depend on what her reason for being so bitchy when it comes to singing is. I assume she's had a bad experience, but I want to know what it was exactly. Her argument with Konatsu put aside, she seemed like a nice character.

The male characters seem okay so far as well. Vienna-kun's (what's his name? I didn't hear it) misunderstanding of Japanese customs was funny, but I hope it will stop here. Any more than that and it will become annoying.

Good cast so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

Oh, you changed your username. The first line of your post made it easy enough to recognize you though

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works