AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 09:48   Link #21
marvelB

Jeez, I'm slow..... I meant to post this a few days back, but I was too distracted by other activities. Eh, whatever:

So anyway, there's a new scan out for the game. It's confirmed that the battle system is timing-based, not unlike the Mario RPG games. Also, Luffy's moveset can be customized (notice one of those screenshots shows him in the Gear 2 stance). Also, as far as the plot goes, it's confirmed that the story advances from East Blue to Marineford (so are you satisfied now, ntherblast? ). And since this is an RPG, hopefully this means that it won't skip arcs like Pirate Warriors did.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 01:40   Link #22
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So I guess the next question would be whether the other Strawhats are playable or not. Seeing as it's an RPG, I'd assume sooo.... but you never know~
Old 2012-08-13, 10:26   Link #23
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So I guess the next question would be whether the other Strawhats are playable or not. Seeing as it's an RPG, I'd assume sooo.... but you never know~

Funny you should mention that, because as the latest scan shows:

Spoiler:

Yes, the other Straw-Hats DO fight in Luffy's party! And we also see that the big bad east blue villains appear here (though if the scan is any indication, Kuro is absent..... again ). Well, it probably won't be long until we see Grand Line arcs next in a scan. Hopefully, they won't skip out on Skypiea and Thriller Bark this time around.....
Old 2012-08-13, 10:28   Link #24
Kona
Banned

This is going to turn out being a horrible game. Why did they take the RPG route they know it's going to hinder the gameplay.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 14:24   Link #25
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
This is going to turn out being a horrible game. Why did they take the RPG route they know it's going to hinder the gameplay.

Because as "someone" was complaining about in the other thread, they're actually covering pretty much the whole story so far. Unfortunately though, it seems we gotta sacrifice gameplay for that~

But looking at that Gatling screenshot with Luffy there... I can't help being reminded of One Piece: Gear Spirit~
Old 2012-08-13, 15:12   Link #26
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Because as "someone" was complaining about in the other thread, they're actually covering pretty much the whole story so far. Unfortunately though, it seems we gotta sacrifice gameplay for that~

But looking at that Gatling screenshot with Luffy there... I can't help being reminded of One Piece: Gear Spirit~
Well it's cool they have the earlier arcs in East Blue, TB and Skypiea but the gameplay will be hindered. RPGs don't have exciting combat.

Last edited by Kona; 2012-08-13 at 17:53.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:53   Link #27
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new scan!! apperentlky there is something called the Grand Tactical Battle System.

Old 2012-08-18, 23:00   Link #28
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^ And that puts the "Missing Kuro Arc" to rest. We even have some screenshots of the cliffs of Syrup Village there~

Hopefully this game gets a EU release so I can fully enjoy the game.... seeing as I doubt a NA release~
Old 2012-08-19, 14:05   Link #29
marvelB

Okay.... so it looks like we DO have confirmation of the Kuro arc after all. Now to wait and see if Skypiea will make the cut (as well as, dare I say it.... Davy Back Fight!? )....

Though I'm sure it still won't stop Kona from perusing his laundry list of complaints even if the game DID cover every single pre-skip arc.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:36   Link #30
Kona
Banned

Yes they will have every Arc in this game but will it be fun and not stale first two hours?
Old 2012-08-31, 13:42   Link #31
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Yes they will have every Arc in this game but will it be fun and not stale first two hours?
Bet it won't include filler arcs, which would probably be part of an info gallery rather than actual gameplay. If my brother was playing this, I estimate that it would get stale at the Sabaody Archipelago arc, then he'd stop playing and focus his attention on other things.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 10:39   Link #32
marvelB

Time to bump since we've finally got a release date for this game! Looks like it'll be released in Japan on December 20 (just 5 days after Film Z's release!). Well now, won't this make for a neat little Christmas present?
Old 2012-09-14, 21:31   Link #33
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Time to bump since we've finally got a release date for this game! Looks like it'll be released in Japan on December 20 (just 5 days after Film Z's release!). Well now, won't this make for a neat little Christmas present?
yay!! maybe they will give away free copies!

btw new scan confirms crocodile and wapol!

Old 2012-09-14, 22:40   Link #34
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Scan also reveals they'll have anime cutscenes for the important scenes, and there will be Romance Dawn PSP themes released. Hopefully they release info on a EU release soon (seeing as I doubt there'd be a US release) so I can atleast import and enjoy.

Another small thing I'd like to add from that scan is that Nami is present in her Water 7 outfit~
Old 2012-09-20, 16:32   Link #35
marvelB

Another scan is out now. It's very similar to the previous one posted here, but it has a few more screenshots showing Zoro, Nami, and Chopper in action (we even have confirmation that Ms. Doublefinger is a boss!).
Old 2012-09-30, 10:25   Link #36
Aurus

Seems like CP9 is there too.. But I still didn't see any Skypia action I Hope they won't leave this great arc

http://images.saiyanisland.com/showp...hp?photo=10794
Aurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:56   Link #37
marvelB

Oh yeah, I forgot to post about that scan! But yeah, in addition to CP9, we also see screens showing Robin and Franky in action. Anyway, there's still a couple months to go until the game's release, so hopefully we'll have Skypiea confirmation during the wait....
Old 2012-10-04, 12:42   Link #38
marvelB

Anyone seen this trailer yet?

Looking nice so far! Still don't see Skypiea yet, but I also notice that it doesn't show Franky, Robin, and CP9 even though they were just recently revealed in some scans. So there's still hope....! And hey, there's even a trailer for Film Z as a bonus!

Also, the box art was revealed, as well.
Old 2012-10-04, 16:07   Link #39
Aurus

Thanks for the trailer.. seems nice. I wonder when they will release an gameplay video
Aurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:21   Link #40
Kona
Banned

Trailer is ok. Most of the time with the OP games is that they focused on the Strawhats too much and leave other characters out. Not surprised about no Skypiea last game it had SkyP was grand battle for ps2.

Tags
psp, rpg