AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 03:30   Link #241
Langus
Optimus Prime

True. I doubt that he was since the flashback arc was 100 years in the past? I could be wrong, but didn't Isshin say he's only been in the human world 20 years? In that case he would've been seated long after Shinji was hollowified and removed from SS. He would still know who Urahara was, and would probably still feel a touch of awkwardness around him considering he was branded a traitor and ejected from SS. Hmmm... the theory is definitely plausible.
Old 2008-09-12, 12:43   Link #242
BleachOD
Banned

I think Isshin was in SMC. But stationed on earth. Who in the hell gave Byakuya those reports about the cero and Menos Grande?! There has got to be a secret squad we don't see.

I don't think Isshin was in any of the squads we learned about at any time and instead one of the ones KT has yet to give background on. Shinji not recogonizing him could mean something but then again...We don't how long Shinji was or the others were in SS.
Spoiler for Pendulum Arc:
Old 2008-09-12, 19:27   Link #243
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
True. I doubt that he was since the flashback arc was 100 years in the past? I could be wrong, but didn't Isshin say he's only been in the human world 20 years? In that case he would've been seated long after Shinji was hollowified and removed from SS. He would still know who Urahara was, and would probably still feel a touch of awkwardness around him considering he was branded a traitor and ejected from SS. Hmmm... the theory is definitely plausible.
let me quote myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It's never said that he left SS 20 years ago. We have no clue when he left SS only that his powers were sealed away 20 years ago. Also it seems that a lot of people, not just you, keep missing a point I have been trying to make that there is no way that Isshin could have been a Captain, or a high seated officer, in the past 50 years as Rukia would know who he is. Hopefully I have ephized the point enuff that it is not missed again as I realy hate haveing to say the same thing over and over.
Also all of the current captains save Hitsugaya, and maybe Byakuya and Kenpachi, but it is possable that Byakuya was the vc of the 6th and likely that Kenpachi was aready a captain, were seated officers durring the fashback arc and Gin has been a captian for less then 50 years and he was almost as big of a genius as Hitsugaya so it's fairly unlikely that Isshin went from being completely unkown to captian class in less then 50 years and then still drop off the radar of SS.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-12, 19:32   Link #244
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Is it possible that even though Isshin has captain-level power, he wasn't a captain? He could have been kind of like Ikkaku and wanted to serve under a certain captain (maybe Urahara?) so he kept his power a secret.
Quote:
there is no way that Isshin could have been a Captain, or a high seated officer, in the past 50 years as Rukia would know who he is
My theory could still be correct. Isshin may have left before Rukia got there. Or, he may just have been ignored by most people if he wasn't seated.

I understand your point, but there's theories that have been made that would still work even with that restriction.
Old 2008-09-13, 14:18   Link #245
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
let me quote myself.
Also all of the current captains save Hitsugaya, and maybe Byakuya and Kenpachi, but it is possable that Byakuya was the vc of the 6th and likely that Kenpachi was aready a captain, were seated officers durring the fashback arc and Gin has been a captian for less then 50 years and he was almost as big of a genius as Hitsugaya so it's fairly unlikely that Isshin went from being completely unkown to captian class in less then 50 years and then still drop off the radar of SS.
Uh... why would she? Shinji is older than her and he didn't know him.
Spoiler for WHOOPS THE PENDULUM ARC:
Old 2008-09-13, 20:05   Link #246
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Uh... why would she? Shinji is older than her and he didn't know him.
Spoiler for WHOOPS THE PENDULUM ARC:
That's my point. So far with what we know Isshin would have to predate Shinji or never have been part of the 13 squads.

As for why Rukia would know him if had he been an active captian or high seated officer in the last 50 years is becasue she is a member of one of the four noble houses and her brother is a captian. The SS arc showed that pretty much all the current captins knew her and she had been around Gin enuff to realy detest him. And at this time Rukia was not even seated. Captins and the higher seated members are some of the bigest celbs in SS. They put out their own monthy magazine with stories about who's who and things like that so even if she never met him face to face, which given her soscal status is unlikely for any captain, she would have had other ways of knowing him on sight.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-13, 20:33   Link #247
BleachOD
Banned

I said I didn't think he was in the Gotei 13 either...
Old 2008-09-14, 11:56   Link #248
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

That a good way of thinking; so they are keeping in touch with the people
who desided to stay in the real world and stay there thats what it sound's like to me.
So they would be like back up to report in return for staying.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-09-19, 15:54   Link #249
YouMightHaveAIDS

I think Isshin has to be a little something more than Kaien, because Ichigo obviously has enormous power, power that he must have inherited from his ancestors (or Kubo just doesn't know what the hell he's doing).
Old 2008-09-21, 13:19   Link #250
TheMisfit

I may be a little later in this debate but here is my 2 cents.

Isshin was infact a captain. And to be clear, he was captain of the 11th squad. If u recall one of the episodes, the one where Isshin defeated the grand fisher (his wifes murderer) He was fighting in his old shinigami uniform, he is wearing ripped up pieces of the captains robe. Remember in the bount Arc, the shinigami working for Jin Kariya. He said he left soul society because his former captain was defeated by Zaraki Kempachi. I believe either Isshin let Zaraki win or lost fair and square. Reguardless, Isshin still wears a torn captain robe when hes out of his gigai. I also believe that Isshin was far to powerful. And i also believe that Ichigo gets his Hollowfication powers from his father, who also has those powers.

If u have a second opinion on my theory, post a reply.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:47   Link #251
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

After much thought... heres my theory;

Ishida' dad and Ishin grew up as friends, but somewhere along the line Isshin became a substitute shinigami. obviously from what we've so far with Ichigo, the identities of these people aren't widely known.

What made me think that Isshin was the same as Ichigo was because of Ishida's reaction when he saw Ichigo's badge for the first time, like he have seen it before. Which probably belonged to Isshin, but he gave to Ishida's dad to hold on to, when he gave up his Shinigami life for Misaki.

I think this theory makes the most sense... Isshin didn't exist in the turn back the pendulum arc, which was during Urahara's time. So it'll only make sense that it was after then. Also, if Isshin was in a gegai, wouldn't someone have noticed it by now?

Edit: Oh another thing too... Isshin probably went through the same process as Ichigo through Urahara. I mean... how else would Urahara know how to make a living person gain Shinigami powers?
Old 2008-09-21, 20:24   Link #252
YouMightHaveAIDS

I've always had the theory that Isshin was maybe suppose to be the King of the SS. Like he was the prince next in line, but gave it up for Ichigo's mom.

Isshin has to be waaay more powerful than just some measly captain, cause that's the only way I'll buy Ichigo being able to get up to snuff with the captains in just 3 days.
Old 2008-09-22, 22:44   Link #253
KnyghtMare

I think there's some cool possibilities about papa Kurosaki:

He could be an ex-Captain or at least ex-member of the zero division, the secret division in charge of protecting the King. This could explain how nobody knows the Kurosaki name.

20 years ago it's likely an event happened, possibly involving Aizen and Urahara, which caused Isshin to leave the shinigami and enter one of Urahara's special gigais to seek out a life as a human. This would explain why his lack of shinigami power until recently.

Something happened to make him regain his shinigami power, I have no idea what.

The fact that he beat an arrancar, pimative as it was, with a single blow from a sealed zanpaktou means he is frighteningly powerful. This would make him a good candidate for zero division and could explain Ichigo's incredible reiatsu.

Ichigo looks alot like Kaien Shiba, and while this served as a plot device I feel that NOTHING in Bleach is really a coincidence, that's no the style of the manga. There IS a link here though I'm not sure what it is.
Remember though that Soifon has made mention of the fall of the house of Shiba.
Could it be linked to the event 20 years ago when Isshin lost his powers?

I disagree with the theories that Masaki was a Quincy. If she was I think we'd have some evidence somewhere, something small maybe, to show it. She'd also have been able to put up a fight against Grand Fisher, she'd be able to see him and ghosts/spirits too.

I've got more but this is it for now.
Old 2008-09-22, 23:37   Link #254
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I wonder if Kirio Hikifune (the former captain of Squad 12), who Kisuke replaced when she joined the Zero Division, was herself a replacement for Isshin leaving the Zero Division.
Old 2008-09-30, 03:50   Link #255
DrGrimmjow

Hi. ya i just seemed to want the same answers you all look for in Isshin. i was actually went back and watch the episode yestarday on anime6.org and i come to see that ichigo mother was killed by not a hallow but maybe someone from.. Soul Society. Urahara sorry if spelled wrong but seemed to ask him that question maybe pointing it was a person or thing but not a hallow. just my guess. and i do think that Isshin was once a Captain Quote(See Captains In SS learn to control there Spirit Energy If Not We Would have had swords taller then skyscrapers like that one.) i dont know word for word but it was close which points out that he had to have been a captain or he would have never mentioned it. but what i still would like to know is vizard's show ichigo the power to obtain the mask because of the war with aizen? or was it because they really wanted him to be in the group. im not sure but it seems after October 6th right? that maybe hopefully we might be done with the crapfest filler. which hopefully bring us back to our good story. i wouldn't mind seeing isshin and Urahara go to Hueco Moundo. maybe we can see them throw down with the kids.

sorry that this is long
Old 2008-10-01, 01:07   Link #256
Kuroda

I don't believe isshin was a captain, because he was not a soul when he became a shinigami, i think hes home grown like ichigo, and taught by urahara. and i bet the episode you saw was when isshin was killing the hollow that killed his wife who had been transformed into an early stage arrancar.... though i haven't read much of the manga, this is still only my opinion... but as long as ichigos dad has his living body like ichigo he couldent be a captain.
Old 2008-10-01, 03:16   Link #257
DrGrimmjow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
I don't believe isshin was a captain, because he was not a soul when he became a shinigami, i think hes home grown like ichigo, and taught by urahara. and i bet the episode you saw was when isshin was killing the hollow that killed his wife who had been transformed into an early stage arrancar.... though i haven't read much of the manga, this is still only my opinion... but as long as ichigos dad has his living body like ichigo he couldent be a captain.
but as you see rukia had the body puppet. and used it to regain her power as a shinigami and urahara looked at isshin says ahh looks like you got your shinigami power back. and it never said that arrancar was the person who killed his wife. but call me crazy i think its more then meets the eye some say on other forums he is the SS King. i dont believe that. that's going a little to far. but i do believe he was of some high class in SS
Old 2008-10-01, 06:38   Link #258
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGrimmjow View Post
but as you see rukia had the body puppet. and used it to regain her power as a shinigami and urahara looked at isshin says ahh looks like you got your shinigami power back. and it never said that arrancar was the person who killed his wife. but call me crazy i think its more then meets the eye some say on other forums he is the SS King. i dont believe that. that's going a little to far. but i do believe he was of some high class in SS
if you remember ichigo too lost his shinigami powers being hit by baya-sama in the early stages pre-soul society and had to train pretty hard with urahara to get them back. It could have happened the same way. Isshin appeared before Ishidas dad as a shinigami first in episode number 143 "grimmjow's revival" when everyone left for HM and they discussed getting his powers back. what i wanna know is what the hecks the damn white arm/shoulder band for.
Old 2008-10-02, 02:53   Link #259
DrGrimmjow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
if you remember ichigo too lost his shinigami powers being hit by baya-sama in the early stages pre-soul society and had to train pretty hard with urahara to get them back. It could have happened the same way. Isshin appeared before Ishidas dad as a shinigami first in episode number 143 "grimmjow's revival" when everyone left for HM and they discussed getting his powers back. what i wanna know is what the hecks the damn white arm/shoulder band for.
i mean i see a symbol on it not sure it might be a old type white trench coat of a captain. im not sure. and realy.. ichigo's mom could have been like rukia and gave him the power who knows. or for all we knows she could be a quincy
Old 2008-10-03, 01:12   Link #260
BleachOD
Banned

Maybe Isshin got his powers back the same way Ichigo got his.

I doubt Ichigo's mother was quincy. Doesn't make sense she die. She should have took GF out with her spirit bow. She was probably a human with high amount of spirit powers but Ichigo is a shinketsu ...pure blood through his dad. Who is Isshin? I dunno maybe one day KT may tell us

BTW Rukia didn't give Ichigo his powers. He borrowed hers but he had his own that he was born with. Touching the little girl who got eaten (not in the anime) caused it to leak out. It was already awakening...however until Urahara's pit the powers he used were not his own. They were Rukia's.
Closed Thread