Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 11:19   Link #941
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It wouldn't be the first time.

Remind kids, they're just as afraid of us as we are of them!

Pretty much just learning our thought patterns.

Somewhere down the road you'll see them go:

"Oh shit- it's that weird mangatron guy again!"

"I thought they call him lolitron?"

"I heard it can be both..."

"What a monster..."
Now i'm afraid what they think of me.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:31   Link #942
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

You know what, I don't rage at anime much, but this scene made me rage the rage of a thousand rage-filled hotheads:

Why the wtf'kin heck does a guy like that get to be surrounded by the loli's? Damn that Saru, he doesn't deserve them! He was all giddy at the thought of having happy time with my Katsu-chan, when this guy has these loli's around him.... IT'S NOT FAIR!!! That Saru goes against the Harvey Dent rules, it's not about what's right, it's about what's fair, and Saru isn't fair therefore he isn't right!!!!

Ahem, thanks to his fantasies I got to see naked Nobuna, ah those legs and one of those DVD extras has a nice view of underwear only Nobuna

Oh, speaking of harems, this series is so hilarious. Saru, the grownup, has a loli harem, while that Nobusumi (Nobuna otouto), a shota, has a squad of older girls.... that's it, I'm building a time machine, I'm going back in time and replacing that Saru, all that guy cares about it games anyways

Quote:

"What a monster..."
lol the threads in this forum have been mentioned in Japanese blogs/sites for several years now. If you folks ever wondered why I'm wary about what I say on this forum, that's one of the reasons why due to the alarming rate of stuff I say that comes true, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a staff member from a production company reading those blogs

Now, I demand a Goemon bathing scene.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:19   Link #943
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Poor, poor Kyubey Nobusumi... Guess that's the price you'll have to pay for having your life spared.

You know, normally I'm upset when Masamune gets included alongside Nobunaga in something, due to the simple fact most of the latter's conquests were already finished by the time the former could even hold a sword. (In fact, the marriage between Oichi and Nagamasa and resulting Oda-Azai alliance occured before he was even born.) That being said, I really like Bontenmaru, and I sincerely hope we see more of her. She reminds me a lot of the initial portrayal of SW's Masamune, and his interest in both Europeans and Christianity were both handled in one fell swoop by making her act as bodyguard to the resident buxom nun.

Also, a smoking pipe and symbolized by golden butterflies... I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Umineko no Naku Koro ni with our second magic user, Danjou. Have to admit, I'd actually be a little upset if she doesn't end up being a little trollish at some point, especially given Matsunaga's final act of defiance against Nobunaga. (More to the point... I kinda want to see a pic of Dosan yelling "Beatoriiiiiiiiiiichi!" at her. )

Anyway, I loved the ep, and found Saru's fantasies(and them ultimately being shot down via Nene) quite funny. Only real complaint? The ep as a whole needed more of Hanbei... preferably not during said fantasies, though.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:29   Link #944
Zeross

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time.

Remind kids, they're just as afraid of us as we are of them!

"What a monster..."

you made me laught
Old 2012-08-22, 19:16   Link #945
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Thinking further... if Nobusumi is more or less taking Oichi's role now... wow, Saru's going to be totally infuriated once he realizes what that means in regards to Oichi's other husband's counterpart...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 23:15   Link #946
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Thinking further... if Nobusumi is more or less taking Oichi's role now... wow, Saru's going to be totally infuriated once he realizes what that means in regards to Oichi's other husband's counterpart...
I'm not that big on history, care to tell what does that mean?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 23:53   Link #947
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I'm not that big on history, care to tell what does that mean?
Historically, before Nobunaga's final assault on Nagamasa's castle, Nobunaga requested that Oichi be returned to him. Nagamasa complied and committed seppuku shortly after.

After Nobunaga was betrayed and killed by Mitsuhide, his vassals and generals fell into two camps in a war of succession:

(1) Katsuie favored Nobutaka, the 3rd son of Nobunaga, to carry on Nobunaga's ambition of unifying Japan.
(2) Hideyoshi instead favored Hidenobu, the son of Nobutada (who is the eldest son of Nobunaga). Hideyoshi's choice was shrewd, as he intended to consolidate power behind the puppet of a child ruler.

Nobutaka married his aunt Oichi to Katsuie to shore up Katsuie's loyalty to his succession.

In any case, I doubt the anime "Oichi" would be married again, since Yoshiharu is working hard to ensure Nobuna doesn't meet the same fate as Nobunaga.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 00:03   Link #948
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakanaka Shouko View Post
Bontenmaru is the best along with Goemon and Yoshimoto.
They're just too amazing.
She's cute and amusing to watch that's for sure. I like her self introduction which was probably the highlight of the episode for me. Both her and the nun are another pleasant addition to the cast.

I'm actually curious whether Botenmaru is just wearing that eye patch due to her fashion sense or just to hide another optic ability.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 00:19   Link #949
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post

I'm actually curious whether Botenmaru is just wearing that eye patch due to her fashion sense or just to hide another optic ability.

Historically, Bontenmaru lost sight in an eye during a childhood sickness of smallpox. It is a horrible disease and it causes disfigurement in the afflicted. There are conflicting accounts on how Bontenmaru lost the actual eye though.
Old 2012-08-23, 00:24   Link #950
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Historically, Bontenmaru lost sight in an eye during a childhood sickness of smallpox. It is a horrible disease and it causes disfigurement in the afflicted. There are conflicting accounts on how Bontenmaru lost the actual eye though.
Thanks. I'm aware of that, but for some reason, I have a feeling it won't be the same for the Botenmaru of this anime.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 00:30   Link #951
Anime Online

Quote:
Thanks. I'm aware of that, but for some reason, I have a feeling it won't be the same for the Botenmaru of this anime.

I agree. I'm inclined to think that Bontenmaru is simply keeping her demon king of destruction powers sealed behind the eyepatch so her "Bontenmaru wants to be like that too Super Sword" technique gets to see some use.
Old 2012-08-23, 11:19   Link #952
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Did any of us miss this? I surely hope I am not the only one.

Spoiler for Inuchiyo stole Nobusumi's precious thing:

Old 2012-08-23, 11:23   Link #953
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Spoiler for Inuchiyo stole Nobusumi's precious thing:
Hahaha, that was funny. I wonder how she did that.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 11:40   Link #954
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep, I completely missed that as well.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:06   Link #955
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I liked the part in episode 6 where Inuchiyo's tiger fur reacted like a scared cat. I think that part was around 19:27 to 19:28. Haven't seen photos of that part.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:19   Link #956
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

You mean

Spoiler for this?:

Old 2012-08-23, 12:28   Link #957
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
You'll see why she does so when she takes off that eye patch.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:29   Link #958
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
You mean

Spoiler for this?:
Ah that it, thanks.
Old 2012-08-23, 18:07   Link #959
Somnus
Eh?

Wow, I actually don't know what to say.

I watched episode 1 last night out of curiousity, and ended up catching up right away. This anime is surprisingly incredible. Especially with the high volume of loli chars present, which is definitely far from being my cup of tea. Add onto that I actually was yelling, "Why!? Why would you do that!?" when Goemon got shot means I was into this show before I even knew it!

Great take on a historical story (I'm loving the "twists" and what-ifs coming to be), great characters, definitely pleasing to the eye from start to finish, and the romance buff in me is more than satisfied with all the Nobuna goodness.

Favourite moments are definitely all of the Nobuna/Saru scenes. Which are spread out effectively and providing more than adequate development between the two. Oh, and next favourite moment goes to feeding Inuchiyo a fish. Cute factor that through the roof on that one, and was replayed many times.

This pretty much skyrocketed to my favourite pile, and is well on its way to having a place to stay there so long as I live. Can't wait for more.
Old 2012-08-23, 18:09   Link #960
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there is a little yuri ... or is it Harem? with the boy hero

--'

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen