AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-09, 14:17   Link #921
Elbruce

Is anyone even still holding out hope for English scans being released anytime soon?
Elbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 14:20   Link #922
Bloodone
The Devil Who Loves Metal

I made a post about that not long ago.

http://newauthor-takumo.blogspot.com/
Check out the in progress novel being written not in Japan, but being made with a lot of effort and a pretty good chance of making it there some day...
Bloodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:00   Link #923
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbruce View Post
Is anyone even still holding out hope for English scans being released anytime soon?
You'll get volume 3 from Yen Press this month...

And a reminder that these thread guidelines are in effect:
  • Omamori Himari is licensed by Yen Press, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:51   Link #924
Manic
real men love pink

if u look and YP's home page u can see they have release dates for all of the current himari vols so i suppose the sales are doing ok.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:02   Link #925
Direwolf18

Yea, the scanlations of this manga were always... spotty... at best. More then happy to fork over the couple of bucks for a reliable source of the manga and I get to support the artist. Works for me.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:55   Link #926
Uponn

Is it known when chapter 43 will be out ?
Uponn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:20   Link #927
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Yea, the scanlations of this manga were always... spotty... at best. More then happy to fork over the couple of bucks for a reliable source of the manga and I get to support the artist. Works for me.
Vol 8 out roughly 2 weeks ago....
Old 2011-04-30, 13:48   Link #928
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Watched the series, and it was highly entertaining. I simply love Himari, she is indeed a kawai neko.

I should be slapped continuously because of my ignorance, as I had no idea that manga was still ongoing. Can't wait to read more chapters. Hopefully we get a second season anime as well in the future.
Old 2011-05-01, 18:12   Link #929
Manic
real men love pink

hate to burst ur bubble but the anime pretty much ruined the chances of a 2nd season happening as it went AO for the last few eps. the 9 tails is still the major antagonist in the manga.

but if ya liked the TV series i would suggest reading from the beginning, as they left out some good stuff
Old 2011-05-02, 08:06   Link #930
shaselai

Spoiler for 51 spoilers:

Last edited by shaselai; 2011-05-02 at 10:29.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 11:18   Link #931
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
hate to burst ur bubble but the anime pretty much ruined the chances of a 2nd season happening as it went AO for the last few eps. the 9 tails is still the major antagonist in the manga.

but if ya liked the TV series i would suggest reading from the beginning, as they left out some good stuff
Yeah, I just noticed that while reading the manga, which is really awesome by the way. If producers really wanted, they could start with some anime original and eventually tie up to manga, but I guess that won't be happening. Here's hoping that manga gives a more satisfactory ending at least.
Old 2011-05-02, 11:28   Link #932
Bloodone

I love these series and manga, that's a fact, but the anime (well, mostly the last eps) screwed this show over, I didn't like the anime adaption at all and it is also one of the main reasons of these series not being in the top list somewhere.

Also, Thanks for summing up the chapters, hope you will continue to do that My personal Japanese is still on somewhat like "beginner" so I mostly just look at the pictures and wait for English releases lolz. (I do support the manga officials ways, I just don't use it afterwards...)

Check out the in progress novel being written not in Japan, but being made with a lot of effort and a pretty good chance of making it there some day...
Old 2011-05-02, 16:21   Link #933
Kyuusaisha

Has anyone had a look at the licensed manga? I'm wondering whether they've gone and censored it like what happens during the translation process of certain series.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 21:53   Link #934
going techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Has anyone had a look at the licensed manga? I'm wondering whether they've gone and censored it like what happens during the translation process of certain series.
i have 2 books and they re censored (bought them from barns and noble)
Old 2011-05-19, 10:47   Link #935
Bloodone

New chap is out. Anyone fancies to give it a look and post a nutshell version here like before?
please?
lol

Old 2011-05-19, 13:35   Link #936
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodone View Post
New chap is out. Anyone fancies to give it a look and post a nutshell version here like before?
please?
lol
Yuuto invited to meet other already-awakened-descendant. The meeting for Yuuto decision to youkai. But there's other agenda he didn't know in the last page, about Himari, since two of the head family know her current condition

Look like Yuuto must mastering his power as soon as possible.

I just hope the rest of the head family can give protection for Yuuto before the Kyuubi regain her full power again.

There's a chance himari will be sent by other head family to suicide mission engaged the Kyuubi alone.

Himari already near her limit and she's a Youkai, while the Kyuubi is very Dangerous Youkai. If both ended die killing each other, it's was very beneficial to all human, Demon Slayers and Youkai except Yuuto.

let see:
Human: the president and her family save, Rinko only have Kuesu to be worried
Demon Slayers: Kuesu get rid her strongest rival for Yuuto, others don't need to sweat battling the Kyuubi
Youkai: save from being eaten as snack

even if Himari ended in Kyuubi stomach, it's still beneficial for Demon Slayer's, because it's less one more Youkai they must exterminate (Himari near death rage will make her revert to her Nature Wildness).
And if Himari killed the Kyuubi, her depleted power render her more vulnerable to be killed, before do some attempt to regain her strength (eating human).

heee....y somehow, all my prediction always ended with an Omen for the main heroine
I blame the author for make Himari tell Yuuto that she'll be the first Youkai he'll exterminate and Himari's limited power/lifespan and her Man-Eater nature.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 07:30   Link #937
Bloodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Yuuto invited to meet other already-awakened-descendant. The meeting for Yuuto decision to youkai. But there's other agenda he didn't know in the last page, about Himari, since two of the head family know her current condition

Look like Yuuto must mastering his power as soon as possible.

I just hope the rest of the head family can give protection for Yuuto before the Kyuubi regain her full power again.

There's a chance himari will be sent by other head family to suicide mission engaged the Kyuubi alone.

Himari already near her limit and she's a Youkai, while the Kyuubi is very Dangerous Youkai. If both ended die killing each other, it's was very beneficial to all human, Demon Slayers and Youkai except Yuuto.

let see:
Human: the president and her family save, Rinko only have Kuesu to be worried
Demon Slayers: Kuesu get rid her strongest rival for Yuuto, others don't need to sweat battling the Kyuubi
Youkai: save from being eaten as snack

even if Himari ended in Kyuubi stomach, it's still beneficial for Demon Slayer's, because it's less one more Youkai they must exterminate (Himari near death rage will make her revert to her Nature Wildness).
And if Himari killed the Kyuubi, her depleted power render her more vulnerable to be killed, before do some attempt to regain her strength (eating human).

heee....y somehow, all my prediction always ended with an Omen for the main heroine
I blame the author for make Himari tell Yuuto that she'll be the first Youkai he'll exterminate and Himari's limited power/lifespan and her Man-Eater nature.
I'm going to be so sad if Himari dies or becomes crazy with rage. Yuuto is probably going to be all like:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *stab*

Old 2011-05-20, 11:56   Link #938
surerman
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to be so sad if Himari dies or becomes crazy with rage. Yuuto is probably going to be all like:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *stab*
I told ya hahahahaha Himari will dead
Spoiler for bad reputation point:
Old 2011-05-20, 12:58   Link #939
Soji

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *stab*

Do not worry I doubt it end like that.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 15:22   Link #940
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Do not worry I doubt it end like that.
Spoiler for spoiler:
hmm,...some one in denial mode hehehehehehe
well, I like optimistic person like you.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-20 at 19:12. Reason: Discussion of scanlators can't be made about a LICENSED manga...

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, licensed, romance, shounen