Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 13:32   Link #61
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
- We already have been hinted that the reason Hiroki rejected Kiri might have to do with Hiroki's liking another girl.
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-28, 13:49   Link #62
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Since not much is going on the thread I suppose I'll ask a hypothetical question. Is it possible there will be one more girl joining this already developing love triangle involving Hiroki? The reasoning that lead to the question:

- We already have been hinted that the reason Hiroki rejected Kiri might have to do with Hiroki's liking another girl.

- We know Hiroki doesn't want to draw after he graduated from High School.

- We also know Ellis is as much clueless as us to the reason behind why Hiroki is reluctant to draw.

Your thoughts.
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 16:37   Link #63
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Episode 12 was brilliant
Spoiler:
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:08   Link #64
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Ep 12 wasnt too shabby... i just thought the kid was kinda random. Liked the bonding they had and I'm glad that they isnt that huge weirdness with them.
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 22:15   Link #65
marclemagne
~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
[snip]Episode 12 might have been a bridge for Hiroki and Elis (it feels like Hiroki looks at Elis maybe differently at the end of 12?).
Watching the episode, I felt like it was quite the opposite. Throughout their adventure, seeing how Hiroki interacted with Haruna, and how it brought back memories of how Hiroki was with her when she was that age, I felt like it was Elis who was beginning to see Hiroki differently.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

At least temporarily, the relationship between Hiroki and Elis will go back to normal while we focus on what, to me, might be the most important story arc so far, which is the true nature of Hiroki's relationship with Kiri (and how it might evolve) and whomever else might be involved--the dreaded "much better person for her" (from Episode 7).

I can't wait to see! Now that Suzuka and Shuffle! are wrapping up, I'm 100% behind Canvas 2 (and Kiri!).

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:27   Link #66
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by marclemagne
Watching the episode, I felt like it was quite the opposite. Throughout their adventure, seeing how Hiroki interacted with Haruna, and how it brought back memories of how Hiroki was with her when she was that age, I felt like it was Elis who was beginning to see Hiroki differently.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

At least temporarily, the relationship between Hiroki and Elis will go back to normal while we focus on what, to me, might be the most important story arc so far, which is the true nature of Hiroki's relationship with Kiri (and how it might evolve) and whomever else might be involved--the dreaded "much better person for her" (from Episode 7).

I can't wait to see! Now that Suzuka and Shuffle! are wrapping up, I'm 100% behind Canvas 2 (and Kiri!).
Very interesting... i too felt that it was hiroki's view on elis that changed but your thoughts intrigue me. I didnt think of the whole princess thing as anything important but the more i think about it the more sense it makes. Nice job!

Since Suzuka and Shuffle! are almost over i too, I am all about Kiri!
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 04:40   Link #67
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Spoiler for for the mystery girl:

This is just a guess, but it seems quite the most logical one. I came up with the conclusion due to the manga and by piecing things from the anime.

Quote:
- We know Hiroki doesn't want to draw after he graduated from High School.

- We also know Ellis is as much clueless as us to the reason behind why Hiroki is reluctant to draw.

Your thoughts.
This could be due to the reason a certain someone found out about Hiroki's true feelings.

Also a guess, but it fits quite nicely.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 06:43   Link #68
Abbott
Munior Jember

Spoiler:
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 11:46   Link #69
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
Spoiler:
Hopefully we are finish with the Elise Arc and get down to the real meat of the story. Kiri and Hiroki's past.
Old 2005-12-29, 11:54   Link #70
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

All my comments regarding Kiri's and Hiroki's relationship and that 3rd friend were lost in the forum hack, so I'm wiped about re typing it all again...(still wonder how relentlessflame managed to fill the DCSS thread with words...words!! lol)

*sigh*...thinking about it, all my nosebleeds, all my laughter, all my moe melts,...all gone...further fuels my anti-hacking stance.

Although I had wished they had shown more of the manga chapters, this is the anime adaption of Canvas 2 so I'm content with the difference the manga has against the anime. And bad Hiroki, just because it's a manga doesn't mean you can smoke ....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 14:20   Link #71
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hmm.. That's a new way of looking at things. I remember in one earlier episode, where Kiri and Hiroki go to the super market, and Kiri asks Hiroki if he kept in touch with "someone" whose name at the moment is eluding me. Kiri also mentions that certain someone is doing well as an artist. Hiroki avoided a response and sort of muttered to himself. Now, that scene seems to fall into place which also provides fresh perception on Hiroki's character. Looks like the story is going to be pretty interesting soon.

Thanks a bunch to Xellos, Running Target (loved Cromartie High ^^), and Riker!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 14:37   Link #72
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
All my comments regarding Kiri's and Hiroki's relationship and that 3rd friend were lost in the forum hack, so I'm wiped about re typing it all again...(still wonder how relentlessflame managed to fill the DCSS thread with words...words!! lol)

*sigh*...thinking about it, all my nosebleeds, all my laughter, all my moe melts,...all gone...further fuels my anti-hacking stance.
Heh... yes, I do wonder where that motivation came from... And yeah, given the time I wasted... err... invested in that thread, it did make me regret not having taken a personal backup. I'm definitely still a bit bitter towards Aisi-- that hacker for resetting things. Anyway... now that my anime slate is starting to clear up, I'll probably catch up on this show... but I don't know that you'll ever see me write that much about a show again...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 15:18   Link #73
Abbott
Munior Jember

How many episodes is Canvas 2? ANN lists 15 names I think, but I assume there's more?
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 15:36   Link #74
Scribble
Sloth

Quote:
How many episodes is Canvas 2? ANN lists 15 names I think, but I assume there's more?
I think someone mentioned that it's gonna be 26 episodes.

You mentioning that has drawn my attention to the titles for future episodes...It looks like there is a lot to look forward to in Canvas 2 next year!
Old 2005-12-29, 15:58   Link #75
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 16:23   Link #76
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I second that! It certainly seems quite entertaining.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for on Abbott's statement:
Old 2005-12-29, 17:21   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been following this series in the background during all our handbag fights over Shuffle!
I love the way it started up (serious then slipping in comedy) rather than the "usual way". I also like the notion it isn't strictly a "harem" so much as a group of people (more like Honey & Clover) with overlapping stories.
Looks like we're going to get overlapping triangles of tension though ... o the humanity

Favorite character: Hagino
Like Yuria's ED piece as well (Ama sings!!! ).
Old 2005-12-29, 17:39   Link #78
Furudanuki

Speaking of Hagino, does anyone know if she and Hiroki (and maybe Kiri too) were acquainted with each other before he came to the school? I was skimming back through the first few episodes trying to refresh my memory on a couple of items, and it really struck me how casual they are with each other early on. Much more so that with any of the other students. Maybe it is just her personality, but the usual anime opposite-sex reserve seemed to be missing entirely.

I've liked what they've done with Elise thus far - now bring on the Kiri arc!
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 18:08   Link #79
Scribble
Sloth

What will happen when he turns up?

Since there's been discussion on
Spoiler:
I wonder what him returning will bring to the show? Could someone elaborate on this?

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-29, 18:47   Link #80
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I think someone mentioned that it's gonna be 26 episodes.
You don't know how many times I've answered the question lol.

Official count: 26 episodes, episode 13 airing date: January 8th, 2006 25:00. Braodcast dates have been moved to Saturday, instead of Sunday.

I seriously am thinking of sticking all information I have in the thread start post...

And scribble, I've got more information on Yanagi be back in a bit....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs