Winter is coming

The proc chance is not just lower, it's ZERO now
Old 2012-08-21, 05:59   Link #3422
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't know, leveling just for the sake of leveling is not what I bought D3 for.
Paragon levels aren't just extra level numbers though. They're functional levels in and of themselves, providing not just additional core stats (int, str, agi, vit), but also permanent gold and magic find bonuses.

In essence, instead of having a level 60 cap, you now have a lvl 160 cap, just that levels 61 - 160 are now labelled Paragon 1 - 100. The only difference between standard levelling and Paragon levels is that the former provides skills, passives and runes per level, while the latter provides gold + magic find.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:16   Link #3423
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Paragon levels aren't just extra level numbers though. They're functional levels in and of themselves, providing not just additional core stats (int, str, agi, vit), but also permanent gold and magic find bonuses.
I know, but what would I do with those bonuses? Level faster? Lol. I know paragon levels are not a bad thing, and for some people, they are an incentive to keep playing the game, but not for me. I'm not playing Diablo just so I can level and gain bonuses that on the outside look like they help me level faster, but they don't even do that. I've already beaten inferno, so there is nothing paragon levels can add to my experience. What matter gear and stats, when I don't need to put them to use anyway? Prestige? I don't care. Looks like I'll continue to not play the game until pvp comes out. I could theoretically prepare for PVP with the gf and mf bonuses until then, but we know too little about PVP to even bother at this point.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-08-21 at 10:31.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:24   Link #3424
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Back in DII I occupied my time by trying to get one of every Unique in the game. But with the smaller total stash, that seems to no longer be possible.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:31   Link #3425
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Auction house search parameters raised! Yyeeeeeeeeaaaaaahh!
Old 2012-08-21, 14:09   Link #3426
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Okay, played my Demonhunter to confirm post-patch and, yep, until someone figures out a replacement for Caltrops, the Tank Demonhunter build is dead and buried. Mmph.
Old 2012-08-21, 14:18   Link #3427
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Tank demon hunter?
Old 2012-08-21, 15:08   Link #3428
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ it was a build that utilized the life-on-hit method. if you can survive at least 2 hits,
you'll recover your HP so fast that the monsters cant kill you or something. and the
caltrops was the best skill to use for this build. caltrops hit ten times or something
and recover your HP like crazy.

the DH basically just stand there and fire away while not dying...i guess that was the
idea behind the Tank DH build. i might be missing something, but that's the general idea of it.

EDIT: now that Caltrops no longer "procs" the L-o-h stuffs. you're not recovering anymore....so the build
is pretty much ruin. i've never use the tank DH build, but that's what i've heard.
Old 2012-08-21, 15:15   Link #3429
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh ic. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2012-08-21, 15:20   Link #3430
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Witch doctor is AWESOME now. Casting speed for pretty much all spells have been buffed so the class feels fast to play, but more importantly pet survivability has been buffed so hard that they're almost OP. I have pretty sub-par gear on my WD, about 500 resists and 5000 armor, with 900 life per sec as the only grace in my gear, and my pets are laughing their way through where I am in act 2 now. Only lost one dog to an elite pack. Seriously crazy how good they are.

Oh and damage values for ilvl 60-62 weapons have been increased as mentioned in the notes. I know, because I just found an ilvl 61 crossbow with 900 dps.
Old 2012-08-21, 15:44   Link #3431
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@felix: anytime, my friend. :P

@Shinova: nice to hear that WD doesnt suck anymore! my little bro. used to main the WD,
but that class suck so much back then and the pets were completely useless.
now, he can probably play this class again while i stick behind and "pew pew pew" everything
as my DH. nya ha haa!

now that the Legendaries are buff, i'm mainly hunting for a "Windforce" bow. that
bow looks very cool and strong. can't wait to go home and play some D3. i still
have 4 hrs. left at work.

EDIT: holy smoke, this crossbow (1h) is crazy strong: Calamity
and here is the bow that i want: Windforce

Last edited by Xefi; 2012-08-21 at 16:52.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 15:59   Link #3432
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, the game doesn't really seem that much easier. Sure elites do and take less damage, but that was never the issue. It was more like the issue of being vortexed into molten, using your cooldown to save you from it and then having them chain freeze you. But seriously, said pack killed me in 2 seconds. Wat. I died 5 times in it. I can stand in desecrator and loh my health back for a little while, but I couldn't stand in there at all...

I mean according to Diablo Progress, there's only about 5000 people with more EHP than me, though this doesn't include people that quit, or the site didn't update. Plus most of the people that do have more are OP barbs. :3 My LOH is very low though, but that hardly matters when you die before you can hit.

I ended up dying 10 fucking times.That's hardly normal, since the last few runs through act 3. I killed everything without dying once, and not to mention that I was beating the crap out of Act 4 too until Diablo gave me trouble. Then again, every fucking patch had frozen and fire chains and a lot of exciting mods, so maybe they felt that invulnerable minions needed to be replaced by some other bullshit. Fortunately, repair costs are fairly low. (For whatever reason, it doesn't cost much to repair my staff even pre-patch, maybe 5k a death?).

The drops are a lot better though, though you will still need to farm much to get anything good.

It'll let people farm whatever they were doing faster. But they're not gonna magically jump from act 1 to act 4 by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Reached Paragon level 1 much more faster in act 1. Act 1 shoudn't give as much exp I think since it's so nerfed now. I'm gonna play with Wave of light; it's pretty funny now.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-21 at 17:08.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 21:09   Link #3433
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

By the way, Seven Sided Strike is indeed powerful now -- I was actually doing 50k+ damage on Ghom with it.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:52   Link #3434
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sounds awesome. Gotta go back to my summoning WD when I get back home from work to see how good she is now.
Old 2012-08-21, 23:04   Link #3435
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Tank DHs have lost their insane tanking power, but they gained the destructive power instead.
Jump into the mass of mobs and watch them die in a second.
Vault to win
Old 2012-08-21, 23:11   Link #3436
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

How though? As far as I know, Grenades was the only attack skill that went unbuffed, and Gas Grenades had its proc rate cut in Half. Okay, there's Shuriken Cloud (which had its damage increased to 160%), but I can't see it being a mob-clearer given how the average Demonhunter has zero defensive skills to begin with.

Ugh, and I actually LIKED being a Tank.
Old 2012-08-21, 23:54   Link #3437
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I want to make a flawless star gem, and I have a single star gem atm, but apparently you need to locate a design for this? Seems like you're just better off buying it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 23:59   Link #3438
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Archon Wing: Yep, the only way to get gems higher than Star is to teach Shen the designs. The designs themselves are apparently classed as Legendary drops (meaning they're competing for percentages with the usual Set items or Legendaries), so they're REALLY rare. Better off buying a design, but they're expensive so...

Anyway, did the Griswold Worn Edges or Rakanishu Blades retroactive turn into Legendaries? Or will the ones we had still stay as blues?
Old 2012-08-22, 00:23   Link #3439
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Back on playing D3 again after hearing so much positive news on improvement.

Finished patched a while ago and test a run through butcher...
DH looks nice, as it certainly improve the damage, but still need to venture into AH for more items.

Need confirmation, what kind of stats should i looking now in weapon for this patch?? LoH still viable?? Or go straight for crit dmg??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 00:26   Link #3440
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

LOH is always welcome obviously, but before investing in Crit Chance/Crit Damage you're going to have to think long and hard about a build that'd use them well. That said, Crit Damage still works well with a ranged DH.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler