3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-20, 10:54   Link #21
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Touka's reaction to seeing Eruru,Mukuru and Karura raiding the foodstore was just hilarious.

I like this epsiode,it's nice to see the characters relaxed and having fun.
Old 2006-07-20, 16:17   Link #22
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Hmm.. Kamyu's drinking problem might be related to her dance with those glowy things. As Hakuoro said, she is their witch. So maybe she is being adversely affected by magic or something.

As for Kuuya: I think she will become friends with Hakuoro and he'll have yet another girl to add to his harem .

Did anyone else find the story Eruruu told to Yuzuha kind of sad? That seen made me feel sad and happy at same time. I thought it was done quite well.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-20, 19:54   Link #23
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Is it a sin for me to think Benawi can outmatch Karura in a fight anytime of the day of the week? (b'-')b
From what I've seen, Benawi is the best fighter shown so far (behind Hakuoro).

As for this episode, it was kind of a transition, so the action obviously wasn't too high. I thought it was enjoyable, however, so it's fine.
Old 2006-07-20, 20:12   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
From what I've seen, Benawi is the best fighter shown so far (behind Hakuoro).

As for this episode, it was kind of a transition, so the action obviously wasn't too high. I thought it was enjoyable, however, so it's fine.
I don't think benwai is the best fighter but he is i think th emost level headed fighter of the group and most skill in using what he got. And he definatly better then hakuoro.
Old 2006-07-20, 23:05   Link #25
Cardiac Glycoside

Hakuoro always seems to be just as strong as the enemy ruler he's fighting. If not, there's always his GODZILLA mode.

One complaint I have of the series as a whole (probably my only one) is that we rarely get to see Oboro and Yuzuha together. This episode fixes that somewhat, and from his expression you really get the feeling that he's in the stages of coming to terms with the death of a relative.
Old 2006-07-20, 23:15   Link #26
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
Hakuoro always seems to be just as strong as the enemy ruler he's fighting. If not, there's always his GODZILLA mode.
Problem is, he cant go into GODZILLA mode at will; as yet. It currently requires at least the destruction of a few villages and one city.
Old 2006-07-21, 01:27   Link #27
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
well, its nice to see Hakuoro getting ready for his harem mode, ehehehehehehehehehe

oh wait, this is mainstream version.

NOOOOOOOOoooOoOoOooo!! missing out on all those touchy/sweet/sexy/endearing/funny scenes!! DAAMMIT!
I was so looking forward with the one with Eururu....

*shake fist at the censors*
Old 2006-07-21, 02:49   Link #28
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I don't think benwai is the best fighter but he is i think th emost level headed fighter of the group and most skill in using what he got. And he definatly better then hakuoro.
I was counting demon form, so Hakuoro definitely wins, lawl. I think Benawi is the best fighter. Karura and Touka are good, but he is too smart and agile to be beaten by them.
Old 2006-07-21, 13:10   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ooh its they type of eps that is the carm before the storm
loved the fight scene...benawi owns *roar*
and the big WTF comes from Kamyu -.- whts up with her? some kind of illness? O.o

preview shows lots of loving for the female charas /cheer

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-21, 19:10   Link #30
sazan fan

Cardiac Glycoside, dude, your sig... kinda mean... Making fun of a blind girl, even though she's fictional, still isn't cool.
Old 2006-07-21, 22:43   Link #31
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan
Cardiac Glycoside, dude, your sig... kinda mean... Making fun of a blind girl, even though she's fictional, still isn't cool.
...says the man.

*pedo-lolifins twincest half-kitten killers wanders absently around him*

Ah the wonders of animation, its all 2D? Its all guilt free.

Episode 17 is going to be fantastic, i still dunno how they are going to explain kamyu "illness" in the next few episodes, I think they should of left that story out, and jump to the Kakura story! i mean...drugs are bad. m'kay?

Old 2006-07-22, 10:42   Link #32
Kisuke06
I see...

Another very enjoyable episode. But I wanted to see more Touka. =P

It looks like next episode is going to be very good.
Old 2006-07-22, 19:15   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Calm after the story or is it

first let say the scene with Eruru,Mukuru and Karura raiding the story house was one of the funniest things iv seen in a while and Touka's reaction was just the topping on the cake. Looks Hakuoro is still agonizing over the events of the previous episode but as usual Eruruu was there to support him. The matter of letting the refugees go back to the burned down city was a tough one i see why he didnt want to let them rebuild it but i also saw Beneweis view as well they need something to work towards right now plus its their home. Is it just me or has Touka taken it upon her self to Hakuoros honor guard i think she there to stay and she really does like serving Hakuoro. Im just worried about where the series is going from here

Did anyone get what that envoy was there about is there country going to be part of the empire now or what?

on a side note Oboro was most impressive with the sparing match with Benewei looks like he has learned to calm down and think before he acts. as such i have moved him from Bitch boy to whippin boy cause he still a ways to go
Old 2006-07-22, 19:18   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside

One complaint I have of the series as a whole (probably my only one) is that we rarely get to see Oboro and Yuzuha together. This episode fixes that somewhat, and from his expression you really get the feeling that he's in the stages of coming to terms with the death of a relative.

That is Sig is just cruel i wont lie and say i didnt laugh first but come on shes only a child
Old 2006-07-22, 21:00   Link #35
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I agree with those who say Utawarerumono needed a slower ep, because the last few eps have been absolutely frantic, but I think they wasted the oppurtunity to give some insight into the characters. All we really saw was what they did in peace time and how they rebuilt after the war, but past that, we didn't get to see anything overly profound of the characters. I just still can't help but be critical of how little we know of this crew past Hakuoro, because I just can't see how it can work for the series in the long run.
Old 2006-07-22, 21:23   Link #36
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I agree with those who say Utawarerumono needed a slower ep, because the last few eps have been absolutely frantic, but I think they wasted the oppurtunity to give some insight into the characters. All we really saw was what they did in peace time and how they rebuilt after the war, but past that, we didn't get to see anything overly profound of the characters. I just still can't help but be critical of how little we know of this crew past Hakuoro, because I just can't see how it can work for the series in the long run.
Personally i have no problem with it. It is matter of taste so while it works for some people it won;t work for others. A intresting note is that the Romance of the Three Kingdom novel is also pace similarly. 90 percent battles and strageties, 10% everything else. it is counted as one of the greatest works of Chinese lit.
Old 2006-07-22, 23:18   Link #37
Cyz
"Show it to me"

so this episode is like the aftermath of war hm? this ep. brings even more mystery - like the one on kamyu.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-07-22, 23:25   Link #38
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Personally i have no problem with it. It is matter of taste so while it works for some people it won;t work for others. A intresting note is that the Romance of the Three Kingdom novel is also pace similarly. 90 percent battles and strageties, 10% everything else. it is counted as one of the greatest works of Chinese lit.
And while it is considered one of the greatest works in chinese lit, i find it amazingly boring =.=

I think Utawarerumono serioulsy needs to stop and work more on the characters, just war amnd war and war is boring, its like not fun just seeing them fight fight fight, win, yay. But the godzilla part is interesting though, i want to see how he controls it or wadeva.
Old 2006-07-22, 23:47   Link #39
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Is it a sin for me to think Benawi can outmatch Karura in a fight anytime of the day of the week?
You're not the only one. I've always like Benawi more than Karura. Seriously Karura is ridiculously overpowered that it isn't funny anymore. Every time she gets screentime in wars she kept owning all of them, while the rest of the badasses (Benawi, Touka, etc.) seemed to HAD to put up some effort.
Old 2006-07-23, 00:25   Link #40
Cardiac Glycoside

A fight I would pay to see is Touka vs. Benawi. Touka doesn't have that ridiculously overpowered quality that Karura has yet kicks so much truckloads of ass that I'd think she would give Benawi a run for his money. She seems rather effortless in her actions since in ep. 14 she carried on a meaningful conversation while wasting five guys.

Then again, you can just say that Benawi's job is like Hakuoro's, that is telling others to fight >> fighting by yourself.