AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-16, 07:37   Link #21
Kisuke06
I see...

The commercial was very good, looks like the anime is going to be interesting. I'll be sure to check it out. =]
Old 2006-09-26, 18:18   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Not long till this series starts now. Anyone happen to know if any groups are planning to pick this up yet? Be nice if there is
Old 2006-09-27, 00:21   Link #23
Catnips

Looks like its the only anime that would watch on WOWOW...
Old 2006-10-05, 10:58   Link #24
eggplant
Eggplant

Just watched Episode 1, and boy was it fun!
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-10-05, 22:06   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Fun" is exactly the word I was going to use. Some bits had me laughing out loud. And I loved the seiyuus' work: Takahashi Mikako, Kimura Akiko, Chiba Saeko, Noto Mamiko, Ono Daisuke, Shimizu Ai, Inokuchi Yuka. Great line-up, given a lot of opportunity to show themselves in absurd comedy.

This and Suzumiya Haruhi are the only two shows in the past year that have had some bits that felt to me like the great absurd humor of Ichigo Mashimaro. This one also has some Dokuro-chan. As well as two seiyuus from Ichigo Mashimaro (Noto Mamiko and Chiba Saeko). And I enjoyed Takahashi Mikako in such a different role, and as the star. The role I most associate her with is Yamada Ayu in Honey & Clover. Her tsun side here is like Ayu's tsuntsun moments on steroids.

The basic setup seemed fresh and intriguing. And I thought the fanservice was extremely well-done: strong, appropriate, and hilarious. As eggplant said, though, now some plot begins. We'll see how well things go from here.

EDIT: I like TLChan's blog on this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-05 at 22:46.
Old 2006-10-05, 22:23   Link #26
Srin Tuar
無謀

Somewhat interesting series.

The main characters relationship is almost a gender role reversal, but strangely unique. (she is also a shoutacon it seems )

This show feels like "gokujou seitokai" a bit, I guess because of the student council, the wackiness, and the island school thing.
Old 2006-10-05, 23:31   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It looks one of the more interesting new series to me, though I've seen no indication anyone is subbing it. That'd be a shame.
Old 2006-10-06, 15:56   Link #28
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
It looks one of the more interesting new series to me, though I've seen no indication anyone is subbing it. That'd be a shame.
I really hope that some group will pick this up. I watched the first episode, cute, funny and tsundere. I will definitely watch this!
I guess this was one of those series that begins without opening animation, episode 2 will probably have a normal OP.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:16   Link #29
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I thought I would be turn off by the female main character being a shouta-con, but she is too moe and her face is always full of different expressions that I can't help but like her.

Also, I didn't recognize Noto Mamiko's voice at first. I think she's doing a great job there using a completely different voice.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:26   Link #30
NeoSam

Fanservice + very moe~ bishoujo = I'm watching this :P

Loved the first episode, looking forward to the second ^^ I want to see what opening animation it will have >.< hopefully an addictive moe~ opening
Old 2006-10-06, 21:17   Link #31
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

This is a rather amusing show, a few chuckles escaped me. Is it me, or did that scene with Ayako's stalker guy nosebleeding in the car look more like a slaughter was going on?

Anywhom, I'll be following this for now, raw or subbed ^^
Old 2006-10-06, 22:18   Link #32
NeoSam

Volume 9 of the male oriented light novel Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! will be released on 10/10/2006.

Here its cover:

Shounen/Seinen light novel.
Published under the male oriented light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
Old 2006-10-08, 13:50   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol the word "megadere" got me laughing ^_^ soo true
quite comical ep one showing Ayako trying hard to face her feelings...
2 parts that made me laugh like man were
1) when she falls from the ceiling and stamps on that guy's face
2) when at stalker guy nosebleeds in the taxi ~ seriously didnt see that comming XD
looking forward to more...and i have to say Mamoru is very loli

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-08, 13:57   Link #34
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
1) when she falls from the ceiling and stamps on that guy's face
I completely cracked up at that. It's just the way Kousuke (the guy who gets stamped on) goes "OUCH!" in English.

I'm finding this to be a very entertaining show, for some reason. Maybe it's the whole wish-fulfilment factor: wouldn't you want someone like Ayako to be head-over-heels in love with you? Or maybe it's how Ayako really is megadere. Usually I don't go for tsundere types, much less violent superpowered tsundere, but for Ayako I'll make an exception.
Old 2006-10-08, 14:02   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I completely cracked up at that. It's just the way Kousuke (the guy who gets stamped on) goes "OUCH!" in English.
oh yes forgot to mention that the sound effects makes it 100x funnier than normal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'm finding this to be a very entertaining show, for some reason. Maybe it's the whole wish-fulfilment factor: wouldn't you want someone like Ayako to be head-over-heels in love with you? Or maybe it's how Ayako really is megadere. Usually I don't go for tsundere types, much less violent superpowered tsundere, but for Ayako I'll make an exception.
well i would fantasize about that but only if ayako wasnt as strong...it scared me when she lifted up that car -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-09, 22:20   Link #36
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The VAs for this show sound nice but man, their pronunciation is just awful. It's hard to understand some of the lines they're saying. Fun show though.
Old 2006-10-12, 21:03   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Awww....
Spoiler for Giving away (arguably) the best part of episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2006-10-12, 21:39   Link #38
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Was it established that no group is subbing this? I need to know if I need to start watching it as it comes out or not.
Old 2006-10-12, 21:50   Link #39
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The fansub wiki should have some info rooboy.
Old 2006-10-12, 22:41   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Looks like a joint Infinite-Zero/MahoMaho project. Excellent news - I was really hoping someone would pick this up.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs