Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 22:09   Link #241
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
watched episode 5, and have to say the quality of the actions is really disappointing. No more fast fluid great fight scene like in episode 2, it seems they copy and pasted the images from the manga and make it a slide show in powerpoint or something
I dont want to believe you! I need to see it. Hope someone subs it soon.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 00:53   Link #242
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Tenjou Tenge is accounted as licensed by Geneon USA. No properly ethical group will sub them. And noone will discuss it on this forum if they do.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 07:26   Link #243
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel
I dont want to believe you! I need to see it. Hope someone subs it soon.
The animation isn't that bad IMO. There wasn't even that much fighting in episode 5. The fight in the bathroom looked pretty good. The next episode will require good animation though...
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 07:45   Link #244
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, the fight in the bathroom look good for sure, but I just hope they can put in some motions there instead of switching still images. Same goes for the fight between that "samurai" guy and Aya. The problem is not the drawing itself is bad or something, but they just used too much still images instead of real "animation" IMO...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 16:34   Link #245
Django

its a good series

Edit by Moderator: I remind everyone yet again that this show is licensed. Please don't ask or answer a question like this one.

Last edited by Django; 2004-05-03 at 22:32.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 11:24   Link #246
ACE2003

Geez, I don't why some people are "uptight" about "licensed" shows, especially when it hasn't been actually announced yet. I can understand if it was formally announced, but talking about this issue is like beating a dead horse. For those whom want to watch Tenjo Tenge subbed, just PM and I'll give you the link. There's no reason you should be left in the dark, especially when other people are doing the same thing.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 15:38   Link #247
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Geez, I don't why some people are "uptight" about "licensed" shows, especially when it hasn't been actually announced yet. I can understand if it was formally announced, but talking about this issue is like beating a dead horse. For those whom want to watch Tenjo Tenge subbed, just PM and I'll give you the link. There's no reason you should be left in the dark, especially when other people are doing the same thing.
Everyone has their policies. AnimeSuki's policy is that discussion of where to find licensed is bad, and people subbing licensed anime are also generally bad. While it doesn't go and criticize other people for doing so, it won't serve as an index for licensed anime. They have their reasons for doing that, and they explain their philosophies pretty clearly.

As far as the license status of tenten goes, yeah, that's a dead horse. Threads exist. Threads are dead. Besides, with the fairly large amount of exceptionally large breasts, I think the license is a sure thing anyway.

I would say .... if you have a problem behaving within the rules of the places you frequent, you might try going to other places that have rules closer to how you want to behave.

I personally don't live by the philosophies of animesuki. But that doesn't mean I need to come in and spit on them, you know?
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 16:21   Link #248
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
Everyone has their policies. AnimeSuki's policy is that discussion of where to find licensed is bad, and people subbing licensed anime are also generally bad. While it doesn't go and criticize other people for doing so, it won't serve as an index for licensed anime. They have their reasons for doing that, and they explain their philosophies pretty clearly.

As far as the license status of tenten goes, yeah, that's a dead horse. Threads exist. Threads are dead. Besides, with the fairly large amount of exceptionally large breasts, I think the license is a sure thing anyway.

I would say .... if you have a problem behaving within the rules of the places you frequent, you might try going to other places that have rules closer to how you want to behave.

I personally don't live by the philosophies of animesuki. But that doesn't mean I need to come in and spit on them, you know?
accually, they are just getting REALLY technical on this one just cuz a american company FUNDS it and has their name in the copyright. Point is, technically ALL shows are licensed, the companies just sell the RIGHTS to the show so they can sell it in american. There is no guarantee that it will be DISTRIBUTED in the US (lord knows this show SUCKS). I think everyone is overreacting, but hey, for those that haven't seen it, you arn't missing anything great....

But hell, while we are at it, let's remove ALL the anime, cuz it is ALL "licensed"!!! Unless they change the policy to "Shows guaranteed to be distributed in the US", that would be the only thing that makes SENSE about the policy DEFINITION wise...
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 16:28   Link #249
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
technically ALL shows are licensed

No, not really. They're all copyrighted which is why we make no bones about the fact that fansubs are illegal.

The US companies hold no rights until they buy the license to the series. At which point long time fansubber ethics says "stop subbing and distribution" which is what animesuki, scarywater, and many fansub groups abide by.

If a show has a US company listed in the credits, it is virtually GUARANTEED to be licensed and released, if not by them then by someone else (since they make money off of it either way.) If something is licensed, then it will be released.

And if it's so crap it won't be licensed... it probably wouldn't be fansubbed anyway.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 16:32   Link #250
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
technically ALL shows are licensed

No, not really. They're all copyrighted which is why we make no bones about the fact that fansubs are illegal.

The US companies hold no rights until they buy the license to the series. At which point long time fansubber ethics says "stop subbing and distribution" which is what animesuki, scarywater, and many fansub groups abide by.

If a show has a US company listed in the credits, it is virtually GUARANTEED to be licensed and released, if not by them then by someone else (since they make money off of it either way.) If something is licensed, then it will be released.

And if it's so crap it won't be licensed... it probably wouldn't be fansubbed anyway.
not really guaranteed, if there is no audience, there is no reason to try and sell it. If the company decides it does NOT indeed have a sellable audence, they won't waste the money to produce an english version, that COULD happen, but most likely it will not.

Oh yea....about the "not gonna be fansubbed anyways".....take a look at the anime list and watch all teh show and tell me that ALL those shows are gonna be licensed *points to mizu iro jidai*

Accually the characters and such would be copyrights of the MANGA produced, so a license agreement would be made to produce a show, so the show WOULD techncally be licensed...
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 16:43   Link #251
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
not really guaranteed, if there is no audience, there is no reason to try and sell it.

If there's no audience they won't license it in the first place. But then there's audiences for a lot of stuff which is why Divergence EVE and Gravitation are both licensed, whether or not you think they're good.

take a look at the anime list and watch all teh show and tell me that ALL those shows are gonna be licensed *points to mizu iro jidai*

Did I ever say that? They don't license 100% of everything out there but it's not hard to see when it's a foregone conclusion that something will be licensed. FMA is obvious (a done deal in fact,) SEED was blindingly obvious, and Tenjou Tenge itself is obvious. Doubly so with Geneon USA behind it.

Accually the characters and such would be copyrights of the MANGA produced, so a license agreement would be made to produce a show, so the show WOULD techncally be licensed...

The characters are copyrighted to the mangaka, yes, but when they're licensed by a production studio for creation into an anime, they rarely (if ever) go to the artists for rights. That's usually handled by the publisher (say in FMA's case, SONY went to SquareEnix for the rights.) But the anime itself is an original work of SONY, so THEY get to decide who to license their production (with proper attribution to the creators farther back on the production chain.)
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 21:31   Link #252
ACE2003

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the rules or moderators here, I just don't agree with the way that they throw it into peoples faces. Show me some article saying these words, "Tenjo Tenge has been licensed, please stop all fan-subbing of this show." Not a single word has come out of anyone's mouth about Tenjo Tenge being licensed. All we have is Geneon USA in the credits. I am not trying to "spit" on Animesuki per say, I just feel that some details are too sketchy to be considered licensed. As I stated before, for those whom want the link, just PM me.
Old 2004-05-04, 21:46   Link #253
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the rules or moderators here, I just don't agree with the way that they throw it into peoples faces. Show me some article saying these words, "Tenjo Tenge has been licensed, please stop all fan-subbing of this show." Not a single word has come out of anyone's mouth about Tenjo Tenge being licensed. All we have is Geneon USA in the credits. I am not trying to "spit" on Animesuki per say, I just feel that some details are too sketchy to be considered licensed. As I stated before, for those whom want the link, just PM me.
It's not that the mod just throw it into peoples faces, there was actually a discusion about the entire thing, about the Geneon USA equal license or not on this thread. So far I think it's undecided, the safest way just to listed as licensed.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 21:48   Link #254
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

well now.....i donno if tenjou tenje is officialy licenced(you people get pretty confusing) but i would think there are those fansubbers who will sub it without a doubt....wasent there past acts like this? and the anime was fine and fansubbed all the way? so its all good.....i guess ..... now ill patiently wait for my tenjou tenje 5...
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 22:37   Link #255
ACE2003

"Better safe than sorry." I understand your point Secca, and I participated in that thread as well. I just don't believe it's fair that the moderators keep saying that the anime has been licensed without the formal announcement at a convention, magazine, or even from Geneon themselves. I want Geneon or whomever to say that it is licensed, not assuming that its licensed because of Geneon's name in the credits. And you know the saying when people assume things.... But this Animesuki's place and I respect their rules. By the way, episode 5 has been subbed. Anyone that can't find it, just PM me.
Old 2004-05-04, 22:40   Link #256
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Episode 5 has been subbed. PM if you can't find the link. That is all.
yeah i know...i was patiently waiting for it to be done on bittorrent

and i watched it...and it just kicks in all the events that are about to happen...gneh...and look at maya and sourichio kiss....WWEE!
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 00:53   Link #257
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Spoiler:

Last edited by Holy Knight; 2004-05-05 at 20:52.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 01:37   Link #258
Budweineken
Crap

Yep... I really liked episode 5... and it seems that 6 will be even better... this is one of my top 3 current animes being released... it's full of kickass action...

I think all of them should become pro bowlers though
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 07:06   Link #259
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
The animation isn't that bad IMO. There wasn't even that much fighting in episode 5. The fight in the bathroom looked pretty good. The next episode will require good animation though...
ah ok thats good news. I actually got the episode but i havent had the time to see it. Grrr to much anime!
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 09:03   Link #260
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Knight
Man, you gotta love that scene where Aya slaps Maya. Too good.
The sentence above needs spoiler tag
Ep 5 is just a setting for ep 6.
Spoiler:
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen