Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 15:33   Link #221
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Ep.2 follows the PS3 version pretty faithfully, there are only a couple of small changes I can't discuss though. The preview seems to follow what happens in the game too, almost.
Yea it is...Unfortunately the start of it was probably the part I disliked the most in the game so woulda been nice if they deviated abit more atleast at the beginning...

Ah well everything starts moving from here and so far the animation and music have been quite nice, so not particularly worried.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:54   Link #222
xizro345
King's Justice

Pacing won't pick up for a bit I think.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:51   Link #223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Overall, good show so far.
Old 2009-04-14, 19:45   Link #224
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:

I personally like it. It's very kinky and illogical.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:21   Link #225
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea she's one of the more enjoyable Eroge Heroines once you get past her lapses into long monologues...

But I'd say this is a case of a gal knowing what she wants and taking an aggressive stance at the opportune time to get it.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

Old 2009-04-14, 21:16   Link #226
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 2:

hey, it is the reused theme of "hero save the maiden", its a bit cheesy but if it aint broke, why fix it
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:06   Link #227
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I personally like it. It's very kinky and illogical.
Probably why I like it. I too simply went SERIOUSLY WTF when she declared she'd be his bride.

And I dunno, I like noble demons ("LOL I AM EEEEVIL, now you won't stop my mad evil plan to save this maiden, kill this bad guy, restore a village, etc. etc.")

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:21   Link #228
Mangaka-chan

I have to say, I'm surprised that I'm not annoyed by any one of the characters in this show despite how cliched they're set up to be. Yeah, Riannon deciding she wants to be the wife to the man who just saved her life and has known him for all of 10 minutes is kind of but I still kind of like her. And I personally don't see Arthur as being brainlessly hotheaded. A bit silly yes, but to me he's got some leadership skills and is a pretty good fighter. And while people call him a sis-con (don't people call every guy who has a little sister he cares about a sis-con now a days?) I think it makes perfect sense for a warrior (the best warrior in the tribe no less) to try and rescue his sister and have a hard time accepting the fact that his new "brother-in-law" is a reawakened Demon Lord.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:01   Link #229
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I was actually missing some kinda explanation why Arthur attacked Arawn. In the game there were several dialogues between the two (most of them Arawn skeptically teasing/angering him after killing the priest up to the point where Oboro 2.0 went against him), but here Arthur charged without any consideration or conversation whatsoever. It doesn't make too much sense like that, especially that it was clearly visible that he saved Rhiannon, plus he even killed the priest before his own eyes (so he even kinda refused to ally with the "enemies" of Arthur).
Just because he is a legendary, notorious "demon king", it justifies him to attack Arawn like that, without at least investigating the situation a bit?
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:06   Link #230
kittybear

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for :
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 03:03   Link #231
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm rather indifferent to the series so far after the first 2 episodes. The whole "Nii-sama" stuff all the time is already getting on my nerves due to Riannon's high-pitched voice. The "sudden girlfriend" junk is also really silly.

I think the biggest reason I'm indifferent so far, is the story feels far too similar to another Aquaplus game-turned-anime: Utawarerumono.

Spoiler for Utawarerumono:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 07:53   Link #232
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched two episodes for the tryout.....

Oi, oi. The first episode seemed to make this series out to be all SRSBSNS, but the second episode was.....freakin' hilarious. Hell, I don't even have to parrot the KEKKON SHITA, but Arthur's "sonic attack" against that unfortunate skeleton is the one that really takes the cake. What is this supposed to be, SRSBSNS or a comedy?

Despite, or perhaps because of all the LOLWUT, I'm actually liking it quite a bit. I think I'll stick around for a while more.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:24   Link #233
LKK

Ep 2 thoughts.

I was really surprised at Arawn's personality. I wasn't expecting him to be so laid-back. I knew going into the series that he wasn't going to be the all evil, end of days type demon lord. But that I was all I knew. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be so easy-going (despite the fact that he killed Mr. Evil Vowel-less Priest). His reaction to Riannon and Arthur's arguing about the marriage and eventual chiefdom of their tribe -- "hey, don't I get a say in this?" -- made me laugh.

The clanking bones SFX on the skeleton warriors was a nice touch. Did the episode reveal who summoned them? Or did I miss that?

I wonder how Arawn and the old guy know each other. I *really* wonder why Arawn and the old guy are taking such a keen interest in Arthur. (Rhetorical questioning, at this point. Don't tell me if you know.)

I was surprised by the lack of background music for most of the episode's first half.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:37   Link #234
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

I loved this episode, I really have the feeling this is going to become my favorite anime series within the next few episodes, I really feel the character development and the nice build toward an epic war is really making me sit at the edge of my seat when I watch this show. Arthur attacking Arawn was funny, Arawn just kinda dodged everything Arthur had, lol I could watch that a hundred times over if need be. I liked the mysterious introduction of Ogam, he seems like he will serve as a wise and guiding character for this series, and it looks as if Arthur has a destiny to live up to by the way Ogam and Arawn were talking about it, there seems to really be a lot of things to look foward to in this series! One of my favorite parts was watching Arawn kill Drwl, that dude was a jerk and got what he deserved, and now we get to see Gaius in action as it looks as if he will be the series main villain. Exciting!
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:41   Link #235
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaSoldier View Post
and now we get to see Gaius in action as it looks as if he will be the series main villain. Exciting!
I knew there was another point I wanted to make about episode 2, but I couldn't remember what it was until you mentioned Gaius. I think Gaius must be an ancestor of Teddy Roosevelt. He sure was talking softly and carrying an awfully big stick. Of course, anyone who can heft a sword that huge over his shoulder with one hand doesn't need to talk too loudly, does he?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:31   Link #236
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ep 2 thoughts.

I was really surprised at Arawn's personality. I wasn't expecting him to be so laid-back. I knew going into the series that he wasn't going to be the all evil, end of days type demon lord. But that I was all I knew. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be so easy-going (despite the fact that he killed Mr. Evil Vowel-less Priest). His reaction to Riannon and Arthur's arguing about the marriage and eventual chiefdom of their tribe -- "hey, don't I get a say in this?" -- made me laugh.

The clanking bones SFX on the skeleton warriors was a nice touch. Did the episode reveal who summoned them? Or did I miss that?

I wonder how Arawn and the old guy know each other. I *really* wonder why Arawn and the old guy are taking such a keen interest in Arthur. (Rhetorical questioning, at this point. Don't tell me if you know.)

I was surprised by the lack of background music for most of the episode's first half.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-15, 14:25   Link #237
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea Gaius can be a pretty pragmatic guy as far as villains are concerned. Originally when I first saw him after the priest had died I'd figure he'd have sided with him instead of projecting a more realistic attitude towards the whole situation.

That is...

Old 2009-04-15, 14:29   Link #238
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I'm rather indifferent to the series so far after the first 2 episodes. The whole "Nii-sama" stuff all the time is already getting on my nerves due to Riannon's high-pitched voice. The "sudden girlfriend" junk is also really silly.

I think the biggest reason I'm indifferent so far, is the story feels far too similar to another Aquaplus game-turned-anime: Utawarerumono.

Spoiler for Utawarerumono:

Wash the bile from your mouth dear sir!!! Utawarerumono was totally awesome!!!
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:30   Link #239
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I knew there was another point I wanted to make about episode 2, but I couldn't remember what it was until you mentioned Gaius. I think Gaius must be an ancestor of Teddy Roosevelt. He sure was talking softly and carrying an awfully big stick. Of course, anyone who can heft a sword that huge over his shoulder with one hand doesn't need to talk too loudly, does he?
An ancestor of Teddy Roosevelt? I don't know about that, lol. But your right about someone who carries a sword that big, they need not speak too loudly.......hehe.
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:39   Link #240
Alchemist007
*Author

Pimp in disguise alert! Awran didn't accept the cloth but he ain't sayin no to that ass!

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox