AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-24, 12:35   Link #21
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So the Divine weapons are a level lower than the Deadly Sin? Is there a certain number of Divine weapons? Or they simply are rare, but will pop up from time to time?

I still do not understand the power of that sword through. It can shoot long beam and almost unblockable. But is the accelerator part of its features? Or it's Muneshige's own armour + special ability?
Lower level yes, but pure discussion of combat effectiveness is often muddled as certain situations favor one over the other. Remember, Motonobu (or Mr. Fireworks) said combining all the DSAs can stop the apocalypse. Divine weapons are indeed rare, and usually have historical significance.

As for Lype Kataslypsi, treat it as a gunblade.

Normal ability: Reflect an object with a name and cut it (this is the same base ability as the Dragonfly Cutter, hence when they reflect each other the effect cancelled out).
Super ability: 3km-sniping range along with a huge collateral damage radius around the "bullet" during the travel and more at the point of impact.

Acceleration comes from the armor pack at the back of Muneshige that boost his own ability (you can't strap that thing on anyone and get Godspeed).

Old 2011-11-24, 13:59   Link #22
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Lower level yes, but pure discussion of combat effectiveness is often muddled as certain situations favor one over the other. Remember, Motonobu (or Mr. Fireworks) said combining all the DSAs can stop the apocalypse. Divine weapons are indeed rare, and usually have historical significance.

As for Lype Kataslypsi, treat it as a gunblade.

Normal ability: Reflect an object with a name and cut it (this is the same base ability as the Dragonfly Cutter, hence when they reflect each other the effect cancelled out).
Super ability: 3km-sniping range along with a huge collateral damage radius around the "bullet" during the travel and more at the point of impact.

Acceleration comes from the armor pack at the back of Muneshige that boost his own ability (you can't strap that thing on anyone and get Godspeed).
Cool. Thank you very much for the detail explanation
Old 2011-11-25, 03:14   Link #23
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Is there something preventing them from going into outer space? Cause the technology being displayed is far, far more advanced than mere space travel. Some people even have reality warping weapons? They're like god-like beings. Slicing Dragonfly and Muneshige's weapons defy physics.
The reasoning is quite simple actually if you think about it. Consider an everyday item like a car, can you make one? Can you make one from scratch? I actually think there isn't anyone alive that can make a modern car starting with nothing. The thing is that you can't just bang two rocks together and make a computer chip. It doesn't matter if you know how the chip works if you don't have the tools to make it. Thus to make a modern car so would you have to recreate the technological evolution to make the tools that makes the tools that makes the tools etc until you got a modern workshop, metal refining, petrochemical plant, glass making, plastics etc. Now take the far future world of Horizon, they have the tools to make the tools and gadgets they use, but they have long since forgotten how they got from banging rocks together to making the tools they now have.

Then there is the saying that sufficiently advanced technology seems like magic for a more primitive mind, like theirs do to us. But this also works in reverse. The knowledge they need to use and make the things they use are so different from ours that they would have no understanding of our primitive technology. They simply don't have the basics science knowledge as they no longer have any need for it.

Thus they came up with the scheme of recreating history as they know it in an attempt to reconnect with the knowledge of how to reach the stars. It may even work as while they seems to fail to grasp the basic concepts so may the forced conflicts promote inventiveness in such a way that someone finds the answer they need somehow. It's a sure thing that just going about living their lives wont work as they need to somehow step outside the box their technology have made for them.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:29   Link #24
Brimstone
Banned

I'm been wondering; what exactly does the military strength of Musashi compose of? I doubt the entire class is going to be the only ones taking on the Testament Armies- This isn't Negima where a class of girls can best the elite soldiers of a kingdom.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:57   Link #25
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I'm been wondering; what exactly does the military strength of Musashi compose of? I doubt the entire class is going to be the only ones taking on the Testament Armies- This isn't Negima where a class of girls can best the elite soldiers of a kingdom.
I do believe that it was mentioned in episode 7 that Musahi dose have an order of knights that their command.
Old 2011-11-26, 04:32   Link #26
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I wouldn't underestimate the odd ball class ability to fight when it comes down to it. But there is an actual army as well, Futayo is the leader of the Far East Defence Force. That is most likely why she was kept out of the original conflict too, so that she and her Force would be available now.
Old 2011-12-03, 00:43   Link #27
MorningGlory

Sometimes I been wondering what is Far east and Musashi represent in the real life history.It can't be Japan has anything BIG to do with European history during the period.
We have France, holy roman empire,England,Spanish,Ottoman,Russia, and China.
Spoiler for just a guess:

Anyone here which is good at history?
Old 2011-12-03, 01:22   Link #28
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
Sometimes I been wondering what is Far east and Musashi represent in the real life history.It can't be Japan has anything BIG to do with European history during the period.

I don't think relevance to European history would even be considered as a reason to leave out Japan from an Japanese book.
Old 2011-12-03, 13:23   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

You realize China doesn't exactly have anything big with Europe then either?
Old 2011-12-03, 14:20   Link #30
MorningGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You realize China doesn't exactly have anything big with Europe then either?
ya... but since the light novel show a flag for China,I don't mind putting it inside lol
Here a funny question, what is the flag look like for Far east?
Old 2011-12-03, 22:42   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The crest for Musashi Ariadust...AKA

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-03, 23:15   Link #32
MorningGlory

So, Far east/Mikawa doesn't its own flag ? =(
Old 2011-12-04, 02:08   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Since Masasumi was talking about the Peace Treaty of Westphalia. Is anyone playing the part of Cardinal Richelieu?
Old 2011-12-04, 02:53   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So, Far east/Mikawa doesn't its own flag ? =(
The crest is their emblem....
Old 2011-12-04, 03:46   Link #35
MorningGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The crest is their emblem....
I believe last time I saw Mikawa's emblem somewhere during ep4 but its just too small.
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...6h40m08s58.png
Old 2011-12-04, 04:11   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That doesn't have the emblem of Mikawa. That's the emblem of M.H.R.R.

This is the Matsudaira emblem, which should also be Mikawa's emblem.

Spoiler for img:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-04, 05:10   Link #37
MorningGlory

It does look like MHRR's emblem.I wonder why they put that holy roman empire's emblem in Mikawa..confusing >.<"

Matsudaira's emblem in Anime is same in real life Matsudaira's emblem .lol (almost same...)
Spoiler for img:

Oh, forgot about that lol.ty,
V

Last edited by MorningGlory; 2011-12-04 at 07:20.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:48   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Of course, they can't use that.
As for why the MHRR emblem appears in Shin-Nagoya Castle, it's because it's part of the many territories greeted there.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-09, 00:29   Link #39
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not really related to Horizon, but from what I remember, the Souther part of Far East is associated with "Africa", and in Sengoku Rance, that part is also replaced by Africa territories. Is there a connection between Africa and Japan's souther part?
Old 2011-12-09, 00:37   Link #40
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I assume it's because it's hotter there compared to the rest of Japan, and the area can be compared to Africa (if Europe is at the western region) geographically speaking.

Closed Thread

Tags
q&a