AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 11:49   Link #121
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the anime toned down the sex hair quite a bit. Not enough detail. It's to be expected, I know, but still disappointing.
My thoughts exactly, though hopefully this will improve during her arc, and we'll get more quality sex hair.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:51   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
My thoughts exactly, though hopefully this will improve during her arc, and we'll get more quality sex hair.
Ear biting should make up for the toned down hair, so here's hoping they include it.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:56   Link #123
aldw

Definitely liked all the characters, and much needed relief from cr@p like School Days that's for sure.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 12:01   Link #124
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ear biting should make up for the toned down hair, so here's hoping they include it.
Hopefully it will since it was shown in one of the first anime trailers, and her hair definitely had more quality and realistic look to it (being a trailer and all, to be expected).
Old 2010-07-02, 12:02   Link #125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Hopefully it will since it was shown in one of the first anime trailers, and her hair definitely had more quality to it (being a trailer and all, to be expected).
I've been trolled before with scenes from trailers not appearing in the actual production, so i'll still keep my fingers crossed that we see it.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:06   Link #126
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've been trolled before with scenes from trailers not appearing in the actual production, so i'll still keep my fingers crossed that we see it.
Well, if we won't get the ear biting, I'm sure we will get something else that will surely deliver just as much. What's most important is the Sex hair, though.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:06   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
They should hire extra personnel just to draw her hair
Old 2010-07-02, 12:09   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They should hire extra personnel just to draw her hair
Or spend about 95% of their animation budget on it.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:09   Link #129
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Well, if we won't get the ear biting, I'm sure we will get something else that will surely deliver just as much. What's most important is the Sex hair, though.
I'm all for great story and plot and awesome animation and general greatness but I wholeheartedly agree with this

Been trying to find art of the characters so I can add to my harem but theres sooooo much of it and most NSFW
Old 2010-07-02, 12:16   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Been trying to find art of the characters so I can add to my harem but theres sooooo much of it and most NSFW
Yeah there's a serious amount of NSFW fanart (not like there's anything wrong with that mind you), though if you want safe images, there's always the official artwork for the game. Quite a lot of it.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:31   Link #131
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yeah, there's a lot of NSFW stuff indeed...

Love the OP, ED not that much, but really looking forward to Ai and Kaoru's routes
Old 2010-07-02, 12:33   Link #132
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yeah you have a point there, i just want to make it clear on that path this series is going to take, because there's going to be quite a number of people who have just checked this show out and not know about it.
Including me, so thanks for the tip. TBH the first ep seemed to be filled with just about every trope and cliche imaginable, though I didn't dislike it. I was going to give it some time anyway, but knowing it may not be as predictable as it seems it a good incentive.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 12:52   Link #133
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was almost bored by the halfway mark but something kept me watching anyway. The lead male is a bit dull but it's expected for a first episode. On the plus side he's not a doofus or sexually-repressed, he's actual portrayed as a pretty straight-arrow and nice kind of guy. I guess what I like about him is the two of us share a common experience of being stood up by someone we really liked, though I didn't take it as bad as he did, but even then I share his sentiments and I can fully relate to how he feels.

Character-wise I guess they covered most of the basics. The main lead is slightly generic and plain but it's rather reflective of 1st person VNs in general (this WAS in 1st person right?) where the player has to take on the main character's persona and BE him, in a way. For the girls I guess, based on first impressions, we have the close female friend, brocon sister, air-head classmate, high-up-there senior, mysterious girl and the shy freshman. Basic staples of the medium. I actually like the female designs because many VN-anime transitions tend to have the females with some exaggerated features. It's nice not having breasts jiggle in your face with every small motion.

What drew me in I guess was his personal planetarium, his escape of sorts, because it's pretty much his defense mechanism for his emotionally affecting experience. The way he simply meandered into his closet was almost automatic and mechanical, as if it's routine.

I guess I'll try to delve a bit into his emotional state in this post.

Suffice to say though that Junichi's mood descent makes for a very interesting psychiatric discussion and makes me very interested on how he'll develop and cope with his problems as the series progress. In hindsight, talking about him makes good practice for me for my psychiatric ward rounds.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 13:38   Link #134
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

To keep the characters and seiyuus straight, I've made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of all the characters and their seiyuus, as well as a bit of info about each seiyuu.

This doesn't seem like any masterpiece to me, but I appreciate the calm and straightforward mood, the choreography, and the particular take on each type of character. Junichi and Morishima both had some individuality for me -- partly because their seiyuus did a good job. And the jokey friend was as inoffensive as that offensive character type can be, lol. Seems like a well-done version of a meme-laden ero-game adaptation. So far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 13:43   Link #135
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I believe Junichi's friend, Umehara, will play an important role in one of the future arcs (remember Shinji from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien? I thought that guy had no important role in the story, and that he'd never show again after the time skip, but boy was I wrong). Of course, not necessarily the same situation as KGNE, but we'll see.
Old 2010-07-02, 14:35   Link #136
pampz21
ShipCore

i think im falling in love with Nanasaki....for me she stands out more than the other girl .....wish Jun wouldnt pick her

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:39   Link #137
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Funny how Haruka dropped the "bomb" on the poor guy. Ah well, tis still to early....it will developed....hopefully.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:47   Link #138
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
But yeah it's a shame her hair isn't as awesome as it should be. My sig image for example. :3
No offense, but I was somehow reminded of alien tentacle balls by that image...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:48   Link #139
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Funny how Haruka dropped the "bomb" on the poor guy. Ah well, tis still to early....it will developed....hopefully.
yeah flt sowee for him...his first atemp was so wrong....ps sorry for bd english cuz im using my ps3 tehee ^^

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:51   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No offense, but I was somehow reminded of alien tentacle balls by that image...
You just don't understand sexy hair.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen